1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roosh and Felicia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 19, 2024.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I am so confused. I totally thought Roosh was a certain poster here and I guess I was wrong about it.

I have no problem with the Roosh who hosts the playback except for the eating and talking on air which is a pet peeve of mine. I like loud restaurants for that very reason.

On bball/sauces stuff - yes he does come off as very opinionated but I’m also very opinionated as some of you here know. If he is BS’ing about his clout then that would be dumb because it’s not necessary for him to have a lot of respect otherwise with the community here. So I don’t see any reason for him to lie about his sources.

That being said, here we’ve for years dealt with overinflated egos who crop up every so often who have the need to feel important and it’s so obvious they are making stuff up. We all remember the “SOON” era. Then there is the jackass whose alias rhymes with Mopatmc.

My advice (again… Im opinionated so sorry) for anyone in Houston that stumbles upon a guy who knows a guy you have a beer with at Kung Fu or wherever tells you something they heard… definitely share that with us here. We want to hear it… but always bring a sense of humor and acknowledge hey I’m not an insider. What do I know.

In this situation, I do honestly find it hard to believe that a GM of a professional sports organization would use a fan who contributes to a fansite to divulge insider information regarding one of their top players. However crazier things have happened and it’s possible
    Stone goes out a lot, has too many drinks, and has a penchant for saying stupid sh$t when he’s drunk. Who knows.

Either way it’s a weird story and if there’s any truth to it at all Stone needs to be fired.

….

Side note but related: I’m not crazy in thinking that some of these twitter fans who are always at events etc. are actually paid media/pr employees of the Rockets right??? And just pose as fans?? We all know which ones I’m talking about that randomly figured out the algorithms to force themselves on our feeds out of nowhere.

If the team is doing that kind of stuff I guess the Roosh story makes more sense in that this organization has an odd relationship with its fans and seems to think we are all pretty stupid.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sports fans here usually turn on each other more than elsewhere.

Elsewhere they unite and storm buildings or events, are more united.

Stone is lucky he resides in Houston, they would have stormed his house over at Besiktas Istanbul.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If you go back thru Roosh's timeline - I haven't done it but have been on "lives" where he's done it - he was incredibly positive about Jalen early on, and well into his suckiness. Slowly that changed as, objectively, Jalen sucked. Then he was negative on Jalen. Now if you look at his recent tweets, he's coming back around to positive on Jalen.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly you are talking about.

Folks like Roosh are hated cause he's cocky and arrogant. The end.

Zen Tabak and maypk like this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Worked for Stephen A. Tons of guys are copycatting. Social Media is so full of tools like Roosh it’s really silly to get upset about any of it. Roosh is just mistaken that he has the intelligence to pull off that kind of Schtick. Maybe I should take my hillbilly accent put on some overalls and shout out absurdities. If it made me Stephen A money I do it in a second, embarrassment be damned.

topfive and GOATuve like this.
  5. Jorge M Gutierrez

Yeah ok I will bro

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Snow Villiers likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If Jalen Green becomes a star after this and maintains somewhere close to this level of play the entire anti-Green crowd will pull what neoliberals did by whitewashing history and pretending thry never pushed for the Iraq war.

They will just move along and pretend they never were dog **** in their rhetoric about Green and want the posters around them to play along with their pretend reality that they weren't dickheads to Green

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I do find it funny people are going after those who were against Jalen Green as a "I told you so". Udoka was debating sending him to the bench during the break lol so acting like it was just fans who were against him is a bit funny

clos4life, daywalker02 and Little Bit like this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Every person who gains notoriety and success will have a group of haters. Some of ya'll are that statistic.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member