1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure of the first question's purpose as OKC can give a lot of picks at once or a steady stream. I'd probably want a lot of picks spread out. On the second question, OKC wouldn't deal Chet and 8 picks for Luka, but if I was Dallas, I'd take 8 picks and Chet steady or all at once for Luka.

Devil's Devil's advocate, OKC wins the 2024 NBA Championship. Is OKC's large number of draft picks a problem?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The East at the top is too stacked.

It's the first awakening in 20 years for the Knicks to achieve a good outcome, is it guaranteed, not at all.

They have the market and the means.

Thibs is a known workaholic and Leon Rose should be a good partner in crime.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They have the market. The means depends on the leverage of the other team.

Are you aware that OKC has more 1st round draft picks than the Knicks?

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

One thing I don't think anyone is taking into consideration is IF the Rockets swapped Green for Bridges, how would Bridges be playing in Udoka's system and how would Green be playing in the Nets system. It's not like just because Bridges is struggling and/or burned out by being the only "guy" on the team that he wouldn't be crushing it here when he's got VanVleet, Sengun, Brooks, etc to help lessen the burden like Jalen does. If Jalen were in BKN right now, I don't feel confident he would be putting up the number he is here right now. I think he would be at his midseadon form or worse. Just my 2 ¢

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't care anymore.

DD

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Per shams so it’s true

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both GMs should be fired. One for the offer. The other for turning it down.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Remember how some folks were questioning if it was true?

I guess this settles that. Conversation did happen.

Confirmed by Woj, Shams, and Roosh :p

persian hoopa and Easy like this.
  9. Ish

Ish Member

Bridges to Houston would be a 1 year rental..thank God they rejected .. bridges is going to Villanova Knicks ..that's set in stone

10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Better to be lucky than good :D

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"You know, Lloyd, just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber,
    you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

BaselineFade and Easy like this.
  12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

How much would we be paying Oladipo right now if Stone wasn’t saved from himself by Victors greed?

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The picks alone for Bridges would have been an overpay. I understand the team prioritized winning this season and Jalen's trade value was way down, but the rumored offer is just ridiculous.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They will have two Cam Thomases throwing up shots basically

15. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I am stating my opinion that OKC’s picks hoard are not as great as people think. I thought they had 8 picks in the next two drafts but I guess I was wrong and they only have 6. Unless something drastically bad happens OKC’s own picks are worthless because they have such a young core. Their owed picks are all pretty mediocre as they are all lottery protected by contenders. Assuming the contenders fall off the picks will never convey.

If they win the finals this year it still doesn’t change the fact that their picks are going to expire and they will have to grossly overpay for a consolidation trade.

It’s okay to disagree. I enjoy the discourse.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont believe it. I dont think Ime would want to trade Jalen; Ime came to Houston to coach Jalen. Personally I think the media is trying to shake Jalen's confidence so they get their precious Warriors Lakers play in

Rockets called the Nets and the Nets wanted Jalen. I bet money Rockets didnt offer up Jalen.

Amel and peleincubus like this.
  17. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Ime was about to send him to the bench during the ASB. There were times a G Leaguer was getting more 2nd half minutes than Jalen during Feb

Now him wanting Jalen traded is a different thing, but Ime was benching Jalen near the end quite a bit.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

so what. Ime has benched everybody from Sengun to Bari to DB. one thing we know about Ime: Ime gonna bench you for playing like a chump.

Ime came here to coach Jalen green. I know Sengun has played like an All Star, but that was just icing on the cake.

No way Ime would approve a Jalen Green trade. So i know (speculate) Nets asked for Jalen and Rockets declined.

This report is super fishy the way Shams worded it. sabotage.

19. vince

vince Member

Crazy how the Nets are going to be kicking themselves for the next decade(s) for turning down a free gift for their franchise.

20. dmoneybangbang

I believed it, but which picks exactly? Were there protections?