1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York State AG Leticia James has filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Sep 21, 2022.

1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I doubt it. I believe he's essentially broke and wouldn't have enough liquid cash to get him out of trouble. He might be able to milk idiot donors but that will only last so long

2. Xopher

Xopher Member

Let me try this another way. Years ago if Trump would have put the money his daddy gave him in index funds and did nothing for the last 40 years he would have more money than he does now.

Phillyrocket and adoo like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

you can go swallow Trump's scrotum when he is jail. He could use the cheering up! The guy is a scumbag criminal and the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. Xopher

Xopher Member

Geez you are an idiot. They know what they can sell the properties for. What they don't know is how much Trump owes on these properties so they cannot value them for the purposes of collecting money from the sale. So if you have 2 mortgages on your house and you owe more than it is worth no one is going to take that in a judgment against you because they will not get any money.

5. adoo

adoo Member

Looks Like A Blue Monday for #DonPoorLeone

In February, In a frayd case, Justice Arthur Engoron ruled that Mr Trump must pay in excess of $464m, by open of business Monday, 25 March 2024

Mr Trump wants to appeal the ruling but needs to post bond to do so. Therein lies the problem — he doesn’t appear to have the cash, and 30 surety companies were “unwilling” to use his namesake properties as collateral.

The companies said they “will only accept cash or cash equivalents,” such as marketable securities, and typically would “require collateral of approximately 120 per cent of the amount of the judgment”.

NY AG James has said that her office is prepared to seize the former president’s assets if necessary to settle the judgment against him. State attorneys have filed the Manhattan court judgment in Westchester,
    the suburban New York county that is home to Trump National Golf Club and his Seven Springs estate, signalling a first move to do so.

Ms James could also freeze personal and business bank accounts, which would provide direct access to cash to start paying down his debt, which is preferable to having to sell an asset.

It is worth remembering that the attorney general can seize other assets too, from jewellery and artwork to cars and even the former president’s prized plane, Trump Force One.

#725 adoo, Mar 25, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    ROCKSS likes this.
  6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

That would require him to not be a buffoon with what was given to him. I think he's demonstrated he doesn't have the ability to do that. Most rational people could do that but describing Trump that way is futile. He's trash

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is the mad tweeter today. I swear that man's gonna give himself a stroke. He's going non-stop tweeting his crybaby nonsense about what a victim he is. What a pathetic loser. He has no soul, no brain, no heart, or moral compass. He is just a spoiled lying entitled twat turned old man in a red hat.

GOATuve likes this.
  8. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

The sad thing is his cul following eats that garbage up.

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The media loved blasting the Planet of the Apes reference without spelling out how racist it was.

I guess that's the new normal for not flooding an already flooded zone.

tick tock trump...

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Two-tier system of justice... that for the wealthy and powerful, and that for the rest of us.

Talk about trying to put a positive spin on this travesty of justice...

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Truth Social is supposed to be worth $3B I read. Will the board allow Don the Con to dump his shares and cash out leaving his MAGA faithful as the bag holders?

Will Salvy and Conquistador buy some shares this week? Put their money where their mouths are?

12. Xopher

Xopher Member

It goes public tomorrow. The board will probably give him a waiver to sell the stick which will in turn tank the company.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

5-0 ruling with no details or justification.

Sounds like he definitely phoned a few friends in NY.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Absolutely there were back channel threats, and these judges got scared to death.

I think the big threat here is that this is going to get appealed to death all the way up to the Supreme Court, and I'm sure Trump's allies who communicated with this appeals court flaunted how those Trump justices are going to reverse this decision, and how much of a sh$t show it will be for the state to give back assets that it seized earlier. The 178 million I assume is a number where they were thinking is one where if the State had to give it back, whats a number they could much easily send back to Trump, and not kill the state budget.

This appeals court is scared of Trump, his mob making threats on their lives, and the Supreme Court stepping in later on.... CLEARLY, and the decision today just wreaks of them pissing their pants.

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Must see TV. It’s like watching Enron in real time.

16. Invisible Fan

I don't think it's the mob this time.

I doubt Trump is the only real estate developer in NY who inflates the price of property for gain or undercuts it for tax breaks. Kushner family for example is well known for their losses and gains, and they were worth at least a billion or two before Trump got elected.

~400M is way too much cash on hand for any developer or billionaire who can get sub market credit rates in a normal business deal.

Even if they vote dem, they won't let a good thing sour over political spite.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think that's a good point that they are aware of the REAL real estate moguls in NYC and how they might react to this becoming a normalized thing. But there are probably a few reasons. We don't really know how they justified it to themselves. My guess is that they used the threat of SCOTUS to justify it between themselves, not wanting the admit to the other things going on in their minds. If they ever get questioned about it, my personal guess is they say something like "We were looking out for NY in the case that this ruling gets overturned at a higher court" but we all know for one reason or another they were pissing their pants in fear.

18. Invisible Fan

We'll never know because it's now business as usual.

The shady phone calls to judges from "the powers that be" can be found in any NY drama nowadays.

It's all priced-in with today's 15 min news cycle and it's flooded zone.

Speaking of judges pissing their pants in the spotlight, it should garner more sympathy for the months Judge Erdogan and Leticia James had to live through, at the very least.

dobro1229 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What could ever go wrong?

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. edwardc

edwardc Member