1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Agree to disagree. Great win either way, but it's going to catch up to them if that's the way the NCAA wants the games to be called.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

You can disagree. Your logic makes no sense trying to look at the box score and trying to justify oh the foul calls were pretty even. You don’t know what you are watching then

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think there were some phantom misses and ball misses, but there were many non-verticality calls (just because you end up vertical, doesn't mean you didn't run then jump forward with your hands up), and many misses. But yes, A&M was fouling and grabbing off-ball the last 5 minutes of regulation with no whistle. I don't think the misses were overly one-sided. They just called it tight and missed a bunch at different times.

4. Buck Turgidson

Your concept of the word "literally" is different than mine :)

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I know jwann got fouled on his shots he put up on more than one occasion and he went to the line once

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good for you

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Your certainty crosses towards arrogance, and that's unnecessary. Take a deep breath and realize people will always disagree with you and that a foul/non-foul isn't some certain math that's always the same. It's okay. Celebrate. Recover. Get ready for the freakin floor slapping Dukies who think they own the "play hard" mantra.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

And. I know what i see and clearly keep up with them every single day. And will never be afraid to tell it like it is

In a game like this where folks are trying to downplay the ridiculousness that happened. Yeah not happening

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I agree with this. He deserved more trips and was grabbed on rebounds that could have secured the game. UH guards grabbed the F off-ball too. It was a grab fest out there.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

No one thinks you're not telling it like is from your clear point of view. Everyone else is telling like it is too. It's fine. Savor the win and be happy that the devil (Easterby) is not advancing. Or not. Go Coogs.

11. Buck Turgidson

It is, indeed.

12. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’m clearly telling it like it is and explained it how total Foul count in no way tells what exactly happened.

so no everyone isn’t. If you didn’t actually watch the game and looked at the box score that’s what someone would think. Oh foul calls were Close. Nope

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, the Aggies should kick themselves for missing so many freebies.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

You should apply for TNT's March Madness halftime crew. You and Jay Wright see eye to eye on a lot of things. It's water under the bridge now but so many terrible call. Like the phantom tie up that would have kept the game from going into overtime. And the phantom stepping out bounds on Cryer in the last minute. I could go on and on. I totally disagree with almost all of your take on the officiating in the game.

IBTL and YOLO like this.
  16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

:mad:

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I watched every second of the game from an unbiased perspective because these are my two favorite teams. Houston fouled way more early. The refs called it too close, but the vast majority were fouls. There were WAY too many fouls called. It was ridiculous. Having said that, there was no conspiracy against the Cougars. They were aggressive and got penalized for it early, then the officials just lost their collective ****ing minds and started calling everything. The fouls were not even. Houston committed more of them. They just did! And then it snowballed from there.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wrong

seemoreroyals likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Whatever. See it how you want. The better team won and that's all that really matters.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well that we can agree on

seemoreroyals and Hank McDowell like this.