1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sports media, writers & bloggers owe Jalen Green a apology

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 23, 2024.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

No need to get pissed off just because you can't understand a simple hypothetical syllogism.

GOATuve likes this.
  2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'd trade Jabari if the price was right. He's not a fluid athlete, can't really create his own shot, ect...Obviously it depends on the offer.

3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

There's no need to be disrespectful. Just have a normal conversation

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

the 'benching' was stealth load management-----so JG4 could play his heart out at this last quarter of the season :cool:

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im pissed cuz youre an idiot that doesnt understand the context of the post you responded to. Unless you think Sengun played badly this year and not like an allstar you are wrong. Also apparently you think Jock has the ability to play on or above Senguns level lol Which is also idiotic.

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

shut the **** up

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yet I'm the one with reading comprehension problems? o_O

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Space opens up everything. Jalen's creating more space in his 3s because the weakside can't cheat off Sengun. Basketball 101

Arnel likes this.
  9. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

So you think it's mature to curse at random people on the internet? Grow up

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Why do we have to argue about who was right, how bad he was, how good he is, etc... ?? I was killing him earlier in the year, I wanted to trade him, he's turning that into a bad take and I am so happy about it. We are all Rockets fans here. Guess what, Jalen being a good basketball player is a great thing for our team.

EErrNN and MadMax94$ like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's quite weird some folks would rather see Jalen green crash burn yet still call themselves Rockets fans just so they can ego boast of how much insight they have for said player. Note how the same folks btching 24/7 when green has a bad game is no where to be seen when we win. It's just weird to see folks downplay players on the same team to glaze the player they like and spin it like they are just Rockets fan

Dobbizzle and GOATuve like this.
  12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Shut the **** up

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is not true. Jalen has been good since allstar break. Mainly because he was making the shots he was missing before. It has nothing to do with Sengun or anyone else. Jalen was missing wide open shots. This narrative you ass holes are trying to build is ridiculous and its the reason why the rockets have the worst fanbase in the NBA. Never show up to games but ready to throw players under the bus when it suites the needs of your favorite lol

14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

No thanks. I'll continue to laugh at you while I wait for the UH game

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LOL So instead of admitting youre wrong for not understanding the context of my comment you are choosing to attack my grammar lol Youre smarter than most Jalen stans Ive come across but thats not saying much.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

SHUT THE **** UP

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ah yes I'm sure u had the same indignation when folks were questioning greens masculinity, his broship with jc, him having black nails.
    Didn't see u call out those folks for being part of the worst fan base. Hell we recently heard the news of green having a baby with an older woman and some folks did not respond well to it. Crickets.

U come off more like a hypocrite if anything, if u don't like how some posters behave just ignore it. But acting like only certain posters behave poorly and secretly agreeing with others who spit the same type of vitriol when it aligns with your stance is just wild

18. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

He's a fluid enough athlete to be able to defend 1-5 pretty capably with room to fill out more and develop physically. He's a switchable 6'10" floor spacer at 20 years old.

What would you realistically trade him for? Folks on Rocketswatch (like the aforementioned Roosh) were talking about Trey Murphy. I think that would be selling way too low on Jabari, too early in exchange for a player that isn't really better at anything and at 24 is likely much more of a finished product in terms of ceiling.

I think a certain segment of our fanbase is just finishing for reputation points by staking their claims on certain narratives prematurely, even if it means tying themselves to a negative assessment of one of our young players.

I also think maybe we see the our young players pessimistically because we see them night in, night out for better or worse, and we get a much smaller sample size of other teams' young talent. Perhaps we overrate young players on opposing teams and underrated our own.

And I'm damn sure we've done a terrible job at leaving room for improvement when assessing our draft picks in their first few seasons. I personally wish there would be a lot more "shut up and wait and see" around here

#138 Zen Tabak, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    topfive and cbass like this.
  19. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Dear sir. I do not want to get too involved in this, but you seem to be angry.

Just an observation. Don't @ me.

topfive likes this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

**** YOU TOO. **** THIS ENTIRE CESSPOOL OF A FAKEFANDOM BOARD.