1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who will you trade next season?

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. Alperen Sengun

9.5%
  2. Jalen Green

19.4%
  3. None

71.1%
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Nuggets don’t win the championship without both Murray and Jokic.

2. invocux

invocux Member

If they can't play together we have a real problem imo. You absolutely have to have at least 2 elite near elite players to be a force in the playoffs. Jokic-Murray, Embiid-Maxey, Fox-Sabonis, Brown-Tatum, Lebron-AD, Curry-Klay in the past etc. So we need 2 buckets, 2 unpredictable, unguardable tanks. Also if Jalen indeed can't play with Sengun, if Sengun is holding him back then that means he isn't made for half court offense but half court offense is literally playoff offense. This **** 100% will not going to work in the playoffs when defenses are set. I'd rather us be competitive in playoffs than finishing top 6 and getting our ass kicked in the first round. Sengun should be traded ppl are missing that he's our biggest playoff weapon. Considering he will likely get better in the post and from the midrange we will have a massive advantage over others in the 4th quarter. We will spam Sengun. Then they will double him then he will find the open man. Listen Kobe said it before it's easy to defend if you are easy to find and dominating the ball.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is right and Denver is usually not a market that wins championships on the regular.

#123 daywalker02, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
    invocux likes this.
  4. Landry's Tooth

No one suggested Jalen Green had to be a superstar.

Garland was an allstar at the same age. Paul George is likely a hall of famer.

I think you're implying that if Jalen Green ends up a Paul George level player is a disappointment and that is a little silly.

Every person but you would take that right now from Jalen.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

I'm not sure there's a logical basis for that. Sengun is better than Jokic at the same age. Jalen isn't as good as Murray.

Jokic at same age:
    16.7 points
    9.8 rebounds
    4.9 assists

That's pretty much Sengun with less scoring. Jokic had a spike in scoring efficiency that year that dropped to under Sengun levels the following 2 years.

Murray at Jalen's age:
    18.2 points
    4.2 rebounds
    4.9 assists

It's comparable. Murray was a competent shooter by his second season. Murray has never been an allstar; which was not expectations for Jalen. I prefer a 37% 3pt shooter for spacing...

6. cml750

cml750 Member

They absolutely can play together. Jalen just had his head up his ass for 75% of the season. The only question is will Jalen's head be reinserted in his ass to start next year only to come alive to finish the season.

7. CCM721

CCM721 Member

An all-star in what maybe the worst group of All-Star guards from a conference in league history. I wouldn't be celebrating too heavily because my 5th overall pick became a borderline all-star. I'd consider that a positive, but certainly would've had higher hopes. In regards to George, he was mentioned merely because he was used as an example in your OP but doesn't take into account that the Pacers were already known as having a good to great culture within the team and he hasn't really shown he's capable of being 1A of an offense outside of one season. Scouting reports told us JG was an elite-elite athlete with the potential to develop into a league leading scorer, if that were to happen I'd absolutely take that over Paul George who would need a Durant-like player to win a championship. George averaged 7 points in 20 minutes his rookie year and 12 points in 29 minutes his second season...Jalen has scored 40 points 7 times, their situations haven't been remotely similar in regards to responsibility or team culture.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the bigger question is whether we make Amen the head of the hydra snake and Whitmore a major cog.........

Amen is just way smarter than Jalen Green and Whitmore seems to be the better shooter long term.....

And that is already with the new and improved Jalen Green in consideration.

9. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

We need both. Either/ or is a false narrative. Stan culture is stupid.

lnchan likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Can we make this poll public. I want to see something.
    "None" for me.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I voted none because I'm not going to be forced to choose between the two. My answer will always be "why not both?"

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Do people realize that there is 5 spots on the floor and not just one?

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Too many Texans fans who think there can only be one star just like there can only be one QB.

conquistador#11 and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I want to be wrong but games against teams upcoming like OKC and the Wolves are going to show why we need Sengun to raise the ceiling of this team.

For teams like that we need the current version of Green and a healthy Sengun to beat those level teams consistently.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

16. conquistador#11

Udoka said it during the all star break and FVV reiterated. "We're going to strive for 40 3pt shots a game."
    I laughed because what's the point of shooting 100 of them when you can barely make 29 of them in 2024.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I pointed this out in another thread a couple days back. Statistically pace is higher without Sengun is not true. I also compared green’s pace before/after just to make sure it is not the secondary unit that pulls the pace down . Still the same result.

18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Green has made the improvement understanding what team basketball is. It took him 3 years.

god knows how long it will take cam. He has talent but if until he can break his tunnel vision he is pretty much a bench player.

with amen we know what we are going to get. He is going to be solid starter for sure and possible one of the best if he can shoot. You cannot give cam a starting spot if he doesn’t figure that out.

Easy likes this.
  19. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Over 50 years as a fan gives me an estimate of your age, and that explains SO much.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is exactly what I was saying, Amen and Cam are just faster in processing things and their roles.....

And thus probably better on court IQ, I congratulate Jalen on his performance and on his daughter but lol I am still not guaranteeing him the max.

AlperenSengun likes this.