1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm really stunned tbh, I was told in no uncertain terms that Udoka is done with Green and only starting him because he was forced to by Stone. Gonna really suck when they pull the trigger on them "definitely moving on from Green..."

2. fattz

fattz Member

Jalen has had open shots all season. Jalen changed not the coach. Will Jalen care enough to play a whole season? We haven’t seen that yet. If Stone doesn’t HEAVILY incentivize Jalen’s next contract, we are doomed.

Arnel and kspires999 like this.
  3. CertifiedTroll

Numero Uno, please stop doing the look away three. It was cringey enough when Steph did it and now you are copying it.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They have to give him a big deal or someone will. Obviously the Rockets know how motivated he is to be great and if its worth it.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Or, maybe y'all aren't the experts you think you are, and following your advice would leave us in ruin? Seems more plausible to me.

6. fattz

fattz Member

Jalen is the same person from the beginning of the season. It’s time to move on from him. He plays like this EVERY year. Don’t be fooled into thinking things have changed with him. IF we extend his contract we get both Jalens.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Personally I would test the agent of both Amen and Cam how much they would go for a discount......as early as this offseason.

You cannot keep them all to a max or near max......so be prepared to sweet talk them into a discount.

8. Umut

Umut Member

I still have my doubts about building the team around Jalen, Houston fo should think carefully because this decision will affect the next 5 years.

Y2JT likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have more reservations about him suddenly becoming father, getting a baby from not 1 but a few strippers......that is the company he keeps right now.....

The money, yeah, you have to overpay someone, and the Rockets have already overpaid Fred....

10. tmacfor35

I would say that he has, but this style of play is different.

The team is winning because of him.

He is relentless on the drive in a physical nature.

If his shot is falling he is going to put up 35-40 plus efficiently...

And yes, he has had hot stretches before so I understand any skepticism.

11. fattz

fattz Member

If my girlfriend and I were having trouble, then she started serving me just the way I like it. I wouldn’t give her a ring because our relationship is still not healthy. We just are having good times. I would enjoy it while it’s happening because it temporary.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I also think you have tons of young players to at least consider giving the reins to ......

Cam, Amen, Alpe etc.......it does not have to end with Green.

I think you would not be ruined with or without Green this time.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I am so glad we dont have to listen to this downtown sniper dude **** on jalen every day

BigMaloe, topfive, cbass and 2 others like this.
  14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the biggest complaint about Green coming into this season was whether he could play defense and play "winning basketball".

We are at 34 wins currently and have a chance to get to 40 by the seasons end. That's with Tari being shelfed for 60 games and Sengun for over 20. Now we are back to counting his counting stats... keep moving them goalposts for Greens supposed development.

Dobbizzle, BigMaloe, topfive and 2 others like this.
  15. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

35/35 now

BigMaloe, cbass, Bo6 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Ancient Moabite

Since when has Jalen had issues with Tilman & Stone(his NBA sponsor / GF)?

Its a cute comparison but they are not exclusive to each other

You giving her 2,000$ ring and good times at dave&buster etc is nowhere near the same as forking over 140+ million $$$ to a professional athlete

Especially when u want that player to succeed as bad as his Two biggest supporters in Stone&Tilman want him to

That's why you have to channel Stone's thinking and not your personal lower-self ideology, it will make you see clearer and release all that personal bias

17. tmacfor35

Development isn’t necessarily linear. Things change, players figure it out. Green before the first half of this season was very similar statistically as Devin Booker…

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do you really think Green is Booker, Booker is a non athletic player that figured out how to shoot and overcame his athletic deficiencies.

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You really need to stop speaking in absolutes, you're not remotely the expert you think you are.

topfive and cbass like this.
  20. tmacfor35

I think Green's hurdle is larger than Booker's for the reason you mentioned. Shooting.

If Jalen becomes an average to above average shooter he is a fringe top 10-15 player.

We will see what happens.