1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 3/23/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 22, 2024.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even 30 percent will be fine. We do need Sengun on the block too. I believe he will trust Jalen more now. Jalen does need to improve as a catch and shoot player when Alpi comes back.

Patience, Sonicbun8 and Prince_Hakeem like this.
  2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'll admit it. Jalen had lost me as a fan earlier this season but I knew it would be a mistake to trade him for Bridges lol

The sample size of his success is still much smaller than his sample size as an inefficient chucker.

I'm glad he is doing well, and I hope he continues the good work.

13 in 33, ramotadab, jim1961 and 6 others like this.
  3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mad props to FVV. Shooting at a high clip and running the offense plus defending at a high level is tough, even for a veteran. Jalen, Cam Whitmore and Amen Thompson all need to work with him in the off season.

ramotadab, bluffkin, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  5. TAB

TAB Member

Appreciate the optimism, you're a true fan!

Ancient Moabite, roslolian and saleem like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox are undefeated when a fight happens. Ime should start sending Nate Hinton and co. On kamikazee ops and have them fight with opposing players and get kicked out. Have Boban push SGA or something.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Everyone keeps saying Warriors have an easier schedule but that’s just not true. They have more games on the road, 2 back-to-backs to our 0 and plenty of good teams. The only reason they have an easier SOS is because we are the worse team.

Jabari has to keep his cool more btw.

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

To all the people talking **** about Sengun right now lets just remember Jalen Green had designated DHO with Sengun at the perimeter whole season long but just didnt convert this. We actually would be very versatile with Green and Sengun at the same time on the court because what will you run we have an answer

What I think Sengun must change though is just throw an outlet. He makes himself look good on the fastbreaks but its slow as hell. Just rebound and throw this **** to Jalen.... it's free and easiest points

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

10. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Unfortunately it’s probably true. Being real and being a fan are not mutually exclusive.

TAB likes this.
  11. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

The criticism Jalen received most of the season was warranted. Hopefully he’s finally turned the corner.

12. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Only 3 in February… many of the games were not close.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. RCPM

RCPM Member

Aren't you?

ramotadab likes this.
  14. mightybosstone

They're saying that because their remaining literal SOS (average winning percentage of their remaining opponents) is lower than Houston's. Your point is valid, though. Road games and back-to-backs should matter, too.

Bottom line, though, SOS shouldn't matter at this point. If you want to make the playoffs, you have to beat good teams, too. Keep the run going, win as much as you can and finish this thing off.

15. maj21

maj21 Member

This is why I wanted Jalen over Mobley. Nobody on this team can take over games like him. I was out on him for a bit, but I’m feeling good about his game now

16. verysimplejason

I’m not sure if that’s what really happens. It’s not happening now that Sengun is not in the lineup. Maybe they implemented a different system? If something like this happens then it is due to the coach. He can always take out FVV. On the other hand, it may also be due to Sengun because he immediately station himself in the low post. FVV might not be used to this. I had watched him with Kawhi during his Raptors’ days when they got the championship. There are no post players there. He has not taken 12 sec to setup anything. It’s like now where the offense is freer and faster.

Carpe82 likes this.
  17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We have gotten are own version of the splash bros lately.

Fred has been pulling from deep and knocking them down.

Haven't seen a Rockets team expand leads like that since the 18' squad.

Talent is clearly there.

Boii likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Who's his competition in the western conference for this week?

ramotadab likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ime intentionally lowered the pace at the start of the season because:
    1. FVV naturally loves dribbling the air of the ball
    2. Lower pace means slower speed which means better stamina consumption and better defense

Basically at the start Ime over relied on veterans and Sengun/Jabari who can adapt to any play style.

Now we have integration of Amen who is really only effective on fast pace. We also lost Sengun who is a steady source of PTS so we can't play slow paced since we need to go before opponents D can get set up.

A potential issue with this is in the playoffs the pace becomes super low again and then we will get owned just like MDA teams in the past. But right now I think that's a good problem to have if we even make it in the playoffs this year.

ramotadab and Boii like this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

these numbers are unreal

ramotadab likes this.