1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone else feel like this will send us to the play in?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jorge M Gutierrez, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

First half they looked amazing, lol. Yea, the Pacers eventually wore them down with their fast breaks.

Kevooooo likes this.
  2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Mo Bamba is useless

DreamShook likes this.
  3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

They will be really good in a 7 game series. Don’t let this one game blur your thoughts on them. I’m still shocked at how good they still are when healthy.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The Warriors are 4-6 in their last 10 and not really playing that great. They are about to go on a 5 game road trip where I think they will go 2-3. They play both the Lakers and The Rockets before the season ends, so in my eye, GSW is our target. Lakers have their own 6 game road trip coming up. I know we have the tiebreaker over Lakers, but I feel it’s the Warriors that can fall out of contention.

#146 across110thstreet, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    GotGame15 likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think a 43-39 finish might be just enough to do it. I could see the Warriors losing 7 more of their remaining games. One of them obviously has to be against the Rockets.

The Lakers might lose another 7, but their schedule isn't too tough. They do have 8 road games left and they suck away from home, but most of those are against chumps(MEM twice, BKN, TOR, WAS). And we don't know if the Pelicans will have anything to play for when they host LA in the final game of the regular season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly the league needs to consider realignment if the 11th seed in the West wins 41+ games.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Realignment is inevitable if Seattle and Vegas are going to get teams. 2 teams will move to the East- probably Memphis and New Orleans or maybe Memphis and Minnesota.

topfive, CarlosGM, NewAge and 2 others like this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This is not a new issue unfortunately. The West is often way more stacked than the East. There was the year the Francis/Mobley Rockets won 45 games and were the 9th seed(Seattle was the 10th seed with 44 wins). And in both 2008 and 2010, the 8th seed in the West had 50 wins.

Ancient Moabite and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The trend in the past four years seemed to be gradually shifting to the East. But this year, it falls head and heel back to the West.

The West vs East records so far (.567) is the most lopsided since the 2019-20 season.

Three of the bottom four teams are in the East. The worst two teams by far are in the East. Playing them is almost a guaranteed win. Yet, the 10th seed of the East is 4 games behind the Rockets.

jim1961 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rockets also have a higher PT differential than teams like the Heat. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets had a Eastern conference schedule this season they would be around where the Magic are record wise.

Mathloom, anthony59237 and Easy like this.
  13. Jorge M Gutierrez

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Who has more to gain from a higher draft pick? I think the lakers might fake tank it.

15. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

If we make it, I wish Clutch would make a Jorge shirt -- I'd buy one.

edit: @Clutch

#155 burlesk, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    topfive, fryjol7 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

It would just be one team if you want the conferences to be even - my guess is Memphis.

across110thstreet likes this.
  17. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

So, in order to change the fact that the West is too powerful, we are moving the third worst team in the West to the East:D

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  18. NewAge

NewAge Member

still a long shot.
    We are mostly beating-up on teams that are mentally already in Cancun. Schedule gets much tougher after POR.
    GSW have the tie-break, so even if we beat them, they still need to lose two games more than we do, for us to overtake them…
    It’s all good, though. Playing meaningful games in late March/April, it’s been awhile. That GSW game that’s coming, that’ll be intense. It’s important for this team to play this type of games.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Players are on a mission though, making the Playoffs is not a long shot no more.......

One of these times when I do not have to worry about the team but about Front Office not trading for younger talented players.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seattle and Vegas would both be in the West.....

If you want someone in the East - Maine, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina teams etc.

Of course you can also add the NHL towns - Ottawa, Montreal.....