1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I believe in God and that ALL go (eventually) to Heaven. Would you like that outcome?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K9Texan, Mar 17, 2024.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Vatican gave the US government the location of UFOs in Italy
    There’s secrets the church knows

They even have an advanced telescope in Arizona

Jesus was an astronomer ? Hmmm
    @JumpMan

if we are going to be an advanced species we need to think like one

2. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

There's more, but I sense that y'all have had enough of my preaching.

crazy-laugh-laugh.gif

Nook likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What about the Book of Thomas, or the Book of Mary?

Or any of the Gnostic texts which were removed from Cannon when the council of Nicea invented the holy trilogy - and kicked women out of priesthood?

Or when the Pope wiped out the Gnostics in France with his army?

Religion and fighting over it has killed more people in history - and been the source of too many wars.

Considering it is all made up to control the ignorant masses....

Don't be an ignorant mass.

DD

VooDooPope, FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

5. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

I’d rather listen to the OP, he makes more sense than you.

tinman and K9Texan like this.
  6. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Not at all. It is kind of refreshing and you’re a wealth of knowledge on this subject. I too have been raised Catholic and I left the church awhile back. I read the Bible every day now. I’m thinking about enrolling in Israel Institute of Biblical Studies to study Hebrew so that I can have a better understanding of the Bible.

Attached Files:

K9Texan likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Your brain is wired that way - others are not.

It is a wonderful sentiment but there is no real basis for that opinion other than a hunch.

I try not to waste time thinking about it. I deal with dead people often - I represent people that have lost family members to horrendous accidents, negligence or indifference. Having dealt with that over the years - I have seen a lot of things - and we need to be grateful for the time we have and the people we love - because this appears to be it.

8. Nook

Nook Member

This view should be respected - as should the opposite. We all take our own internal path and have our own experiences. I believe some are wired for faith - others are not… but ultimately we don’t know, and I am not comfortable telling someone else they are wrong - just don’t push your view point on others.

VooDooPope, ROCKSS, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I love your honesty - that you go to church but are not a believer… you didn’t even hedge your bets.

Also I believe someone can love the Jesus in the Scriptures and still lack faith.
    I don’t know… I wouldn’t mind seeing @MadMax in heaven… also, while I have certainly known many a religious bore, I have to say I have also met some exceptional people that were religious and not judgmental or self important.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don’t think I’d call myself religious, but I appreciate the kind words!

K9Texan, FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have faith there is a GOD and a Heaven but he/she sure doesn't make it easy, I guess that's why we all have freewill. Is my faith 100%? I would put it at 95%.................I often wonder what happens if and when we do get to heaven and the religion, we thought was the correct one turns out to be wrong..........I am gonna be super embarrassed :(

I am fascinated by stories of people who "almost" die and cross over and see something but then come back..........is that just the persons mind playing tricks or is it an insight of what's to come. I want there to be a heaven and I wonder how it will be.......will it be the best version of me, say at 23 or the person who will eventually die and I will be old, will I live in a town with all my relatives or will I be free to pick my existence, fascinating stuff. Eternity is beyond my comprehension. Be good to your fellow humans, you never know what will happen in the afterlife

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry to bring this thread back, but posts in other threads inspired a question for @K9Texan. You believe in a literal Satan and demons. Does that mean all humans eventually go to heaven, but fallen angels are in hell forever? Otherwise, what's the purpose of Satan in this dynamic and why does he go around poisoning the minds of humans if he himself will eventually be redeemed?

K9Texan and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you are asking too much from an alt account attempt of atw.

Atw is the embodiment of the executive CEO class in America who have too much free time on their hands.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I have zero faith in the organized religions man created to control the masses.

I do believe in a universal spirt that connects all living things. you can be moral and spiritual without ever reading a religious text or attending a service.

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the demon on your shoulder talking. Listen to the angel whispering in your ear and find some anti-trans tweets to post.

Andre0087 and VooDooPope like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

@Salvy
    @ROXRAN

breh, don’t insult Satan
    He’s a smart dude he believes in evil

Not in Wokeness which is a mind virus that turns humans into fat lunatics

he doesn’t want woke , that would make his hell … hell

18. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

There is a fundamental misunderstanding, I believe, of Satan and his purpose among mainstream Christianity. I'll share some scriptures on this a bit later.

19. Xopher

Xopher Member

Please don't. The Bible is as real as Harry Potter novels.

VooDooPope likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol