1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Price cap legality would be easy, too. Any drugs that come from or in part from research from an NIH grant should be subject.

Xopher and deb4rockets like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And privately funded competitors would lose business trying to price gouge.

Xerobull likes this.
  3. Xopher

Xopher Member

astros123 and Andre0087 like this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yep. Once they're born they could care less if they live in poverty or without healthcare.

Andre0087 and Xopher like this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member

**** the elderly and sick. Non-comtributing members of society. Right @tinman ?

astros123 and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member

Look man these companies have to pay for hot chicks to take out these doctors and wine them and dine them. My dad was good friends with he heart doctor. The guy would call him and say "Want a steak and a few drinks? Show up at my office at 530"

Xerobull likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'd rather my taxes go to someone in need than some tax breaks for a snake oil salesman to wine and dine doctors into prescribing their overpriced drugs. Healthcare should be just that. Healthcare, not a business for making billions off the lives of others in need.

#11447 deb4rockets, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    AkeemTheDreem86 and Xopher like this.
  8. Xopher

Xopher Member

I find it astounding we let private industry run insurance and most everyone hates it, but try and do single payer healthcare and people flip out. We would pay less money and everyone would be covered. My company merged with our sister company in the UK and people have complaints about NHS , but every single one of them says "There is no way in hell we would want your healthcare'

astros123 likes this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

So true. I remember when I was in Scotland years ago and was advised by a pharmacy to go to the ER for an eye infection. I didn't wait near as long as emergency rooms here. They treated my eye and didn't charge me a cent. Here that would have cost hundreds, for the ER visit alone if I was uninsured.

Xopher likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Having experience Singapore and Hong Kong healthcare both are vastly superior to US. even as a non resident with insurance that doesn’t apply paid less for the same care than I would in the US.

One thing I noticed in those countries is while the US has some of the most sophisticated and best high end care those countries are so much better in providing basic care. As such there is a greater focus on prevention and overall health there so that there aren’t as many issues with health problems getting worse later.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's smart to take care of your people. Health means more to most people than money.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don’t think it’s just a few hundred dollars. If it’s at an actual ER facility and not an urgent care facility, the facility charges (for the building and equipment) alone are likely in the thousands, while the doctor’s fees are in the hundreds.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

My limited experience with the Canadian healthcare system (we had an accident on a skiing trip there in the 2010s) was excellent and fast, with no wait times and great care.

The health facilities don’t look like skyscrapers, but who cares about that? I don’t know why so many of our hospitals look like financial buildings.

Xopher, FranchiseBlade, adoo and 2 others like this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Greed. The distinction between non-profit and corporate-owned health care is increasingly blurred and both want a piece of the 2 trillion dollar pie.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

How are other countries when it comes to providing hearing aids? I think it's sad that when hearing goes people usually aren't covered here and have to pay 5 or 10 thousand dollars out of pocket for proper hearing aids specialized for their condition.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

we have been told as americans how terrible other countries health care systems are and how much they hate it...then you travel abroad and most are pretty happy with it and wonder WTF is wrong with our system.

i have family in australia and my family here would always criticize them and call them lazy b/c they get 6 weeks paid vacation a year.

i have another family member who is a trumper who complains constantly about pelosi and wasteful government spending and welfare...but he is on disability and gets money from the government...and here is the kicker - he was working a full-time job while still collecting disability - the government found out about it and now wants him to repay $50,000. i was with family and they were going off on how unfair the government was treating him and so i just stated the obvious and asked "wasnt he committing fraud by claiming he couldnt work when he actually was" and the room went silent. only one person agreed with me and silently nodded his head in agreement. and it was a room full of trump supporters.

Amiga and deb4rockets like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's Trumptopia in a nutshell.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My Mom was in the hospital this week and a women who shared her room one day was from Tennessee. She was a Trump lover of course, and told my Mom how she loves Trump. The funniest part of all was how she told her Trump is soooo smart. Was she comparing him to 2nd graders in Tennessee? LOL