1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Derozan Deserves Suspension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

DeMar DeRozan Shades Dillon Brooks After Altercation, Ejection in Bulls vs. Rockets | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Idk what the league has to do to prove to these guys that cheap shots won't be tolerated. Every year you see a couple dozens pretty egregious shots and this is one of them.

That Brooks got ejected? Silly. I understand the tech but the ejection is on reputation not action. Brooks must really say some wild **** all the time because that was nothing. They even rescinded the tech on FVV. What an absolute shitshow of poor officiating that game was.

Derozan though? Oh he got his flagrant 2, so he's allowed to throw an elbow, scream obscenities in another man's face and go on to absolutely lie about what he did. And act like a hardass about it? OH I STAND ON BUSINESS what a bunch of ****.

[​IMG]

But hey, he wasn't escalating right? And apparently neither was Coby White? Or the Bulls staffer getting into it with FVV? Or Drummond freaking out about Landale's foul? Etc, etc, etc.

He tripped? Oh go look at the tape? Yeah, that's bullshit guy. Jalen blocked your shot and told you about it so you tackled him when he wasn't expecting it. That's busch league.

Dillon approached you wrong? You turned tail and ran when OBVIOUSLY someone was going to say what's the deal. Oh but Brooks didn't say um, excuse me sir, may we please discuss the previous play? Tell us, how you want to be approached after you cheap shot another player, hmm? Oh and just curiosity, you throw an elbow that just happened to catch chin. A mystery since you "didn't know who was coming up behind you".

Not that it means a thing to him or anyone, but I had respect for Derozan before this and zero today. What a coward.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hoe's gonna do Hoe things.

3. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

it doesn’t matter to us, but it does matter to him

4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah there was no trip, he's deffo straight up p***y. At least Dillon stands on his aggression. I'd rather have a dog who bites as bad as he barks than a little b**** who cries after trying to play tough guy and being confronted for it.

Mathloom, Y2JT and Dankstronaut like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Yeah the talking tough to reporters thing got me.

Dillon Brooks is not scared of Derozan. He was not sneaking up behind you. Brooks is not like. idk... Dillon Brooks is a dude. Respect is a 2 way street.

You didn't trip. You were getting beat, got BIG feelings over it and acted like a child. The absolutely delusional storytelling to this reporter is too much.

Derozan deserves to be suspended, NOT PROTECTED by the penalty of a flagrant foul. He started it for no reason, continued it, and has the audacity to pretend like a tough guy over it. A suspension is well deserved. Nothing crazy but a 2 game suspension is what the league should hit him with. No protests either. You ****ed up buddy.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston Rockets forward Dillon Brooks has been suspended 5 games for standing up for his teammate, it was announced today by Joe Dumars, Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. The suspension takes into account Brooks’ past instances of conduct detrimental to the NBA. Brooks’ actions took place during the Rockets' 127-117 win over the Chicago Bulls on March 21 at Toyota Center.

Houston Rockets guard Jalen Green has been suspended 1 game for being on the receiving end of an elbow, it was announced today by Joe Dumars, Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. Green's injury took place during the Rockets' 127-117 win over the Chicago Bulls on March 21 at Toyota Center.

Chicago Bulls forward DeMar DeRozan has been fined $1,000 for elbowing an opposing player, it was announced today by Joe Dumars, Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. DeRozan’s accidental elbow took place during the Bulls’ 127-117 loss to the Houston Rockets on March 21 at Toyota Center.

— NBA probably

:D:rolleyes:

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Am I the only one who didn’t think it was that egregious? Far less dangerous than a hard foul at the basket. Thought the DB ejection was excessive and would have been fine with a Flagrant 1 on Derozen.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

When was the elbow? The ejection play or a separate play?

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed it. wat happen?

robbie380 likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#10 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
  11. kpdark

kpdark Member

Jalen Green has been getting hits and/or involved in scuffles almost every game lately...was hit in the face by Poole then this...his foot/leg last time...

reselient, he is...

[​IMG]

Believe It! and Dankstronaut like this.
  12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dillon Brooks is a bulldog.

Mad props for what he did. Nobody takes shots at his team.

It clearly also made Aussie Jock mad. He didn't get angry, he got even.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

What a load of ****. He blew Green up on purpose, he can't admit that, but anyone with a brain can see it plain as day. And then the elbow to Brooks chin? Come on. Cheap shot all around.

Dankstronaut, Arnel and robbie380 like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Demar should have been suplexed and hit with right hook for that b**** move

Total cheap shot. I’m in Vegas and completely missed this.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

This absolutely meets all of the criteria for F2 and the ref is immediately signaling a review for it.

• The severity of the contact (a surprise hit/tackle 40' from the basket as a response to getting blocked? Busch league)

• Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (absolutely not)

• If windup and follow-through accompany the contact (without a shadow of doubt, Derozan can't even stop his own momentum)

• Potential for injury (you bet)

• Severity of injury (certainly didn't tickle, but if this is your only qualm your case is bogus)

• Whether the contact led to an altercation (yessir it did)
    This was both unnecessary and excessive. Nothing about that was basketball. That was Derozan being angry that he got blocked and having the emotional restraint of a spoiled child.

He doesn't deserve to have his follow up actions be protected by a flagrant foul 2 call. He deserves a suspension for continuing the altercation and trying to act like a tough guy about it to the media.

Mathloom likes this.
  16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I Still don’t understand the ejection for Brooks, it was his first technical foul.

DeRozen had just been blocked and sent to the ground by Jeff Green on the previous possession , he was just embarrassed and frustrated. I wonder if Jalen was verbally clowning him on the court- it seemed to have come out of nowhere

Dankstronaut likes this.
  17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

"DeRozan aggressively rushed toward Rockets guard Jalen Green to defend him and ended up bumping into Green"

that characterization by Mike Chiari is the real shade.

agree with coach Udoka though, 'toughen' up the younguns. Jalen is gonna get more tough fouls. the league is clearly watching his response.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I disagree. Jalen is just light as a feather. For most guys, it would have just been like a hard screen. It was excessive but he actually did slow himself right at the end. He didn’t go full speed into him like a linebacker. And to clarify, I didn’t say the severity of the resulting injury matters — just pointing out it wasn’t that dangerous. The dangerous plays are when guys are off their feet or contact above the neck.

19. Buck Turgidson

Dude went right at him and body-checked him 45 feet from the basket for no reason, c'mon now.

20. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

The reasoning is "escalation" so I guess the refs have carte blanche to make that call. I'm ok with the technical on DB, that's appropriate. The ejection was on reputation, not action. I don't believe DB is escalating that situation. Now if he had come over and done the same body check or slapped Derozan upside the head or something yeah. But walking over and saying what's your deal is escalation? That's the softest call of the whole game, one in which the refs were letting some shenanigans go on.
    Ackerman and Hollins' schtick isn't for everyone but we have to be thankful they don't let it go on like that. Hollins will joke and say "oh I didn't see anything" when he knows we're getting a call our way. And as a viewer and Rockets fan, you understand what he's meaning. Ackerman calls it pretty fair too, of course he's a Rockets employee but even when DB nutshotted Theis they were like nah man, 86 that we don't need it. He doesn't really question many calls and he's even back tracked a few after different angles on replays.

As far as toughening up goes, playoffs are gonna get gritty so I guess having some experience with physical and extra curricular play is okay. Damn sure wanna see the team protect each other though. DB was the only one with the undercarriage to approach Derozan. Someone has to get DB's back too. If we wanna be a "tough team" like Ime wants that's how it's gotta be. Ready to roll at a moment's notice.

across110thstreet and ico4498 like this.