1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Pal, luckily the forum offers the option to ignore all these idiots. The best way to deal with a Troll is to ignore it.

majicdonjuan, plegus and rcketsfan1 like this.
  2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Jalen up to 19/5/3 on the season.

The last 5.... :D

BigMaloe, kpdark, saleem and 2 others like this.
  3. invocux

invocux Member

I hope i'm wrong but do i really think i'm wrong? No. That's the tricky part, i'm never wrong. If it turns out that i was wrong it's probably because they did a spell on me this time and i couldn't tell that i was under the spell. I was a victim. I want us to win but do not want Jalen to look good because him fooling front office will cost us in the long run. Every single season 3pt shooting gain more importance. If this dude keeps taking 20+ shots and his 3pt percentage is below 36-37% we will be in trouble. We want Amen to start. Amen is a nonshooter, Sengun is slightly better than a nonshooter. Jalen being our #1 guy on offense, considering that Fred will be gone soon and Amen will take his place will turn us into a bad 3pt shooting team. Let's say Amen shoots 25%, Sengun shoots 32% and Jalen shoots 34% from the perimeter. How is this team going to win or come close to winning anything? Jalen can get to the ft line but this league is a circus they will not call those fouls in playoffs. They are not even really consistent in regular season. Your forte can not be your first step as a guard in 2024. Jalen symbolizes mediocrity. I think he's really talented but he is belong to 2000's. I'd be a fan. That's why i want us to get rid of him and bring someone like Anfernee if possible or even Monk.

4. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Thank you. Did not know. Qualify of life improvement :)

Tato1971 likes this.
  5. kpdark

kpdark Member

6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

another good game guarded by one of the leagues best perimeter defenders (Caruso) all night. how many fluke games in a row is it now?

[​IMG]

Spring Green continues to be a thing.

#1946 Bo6, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jalen Green is definitely a better player than last season, despite his horrible decline for most of the season.

He's finishing at the rim with confidence, even with contact. His hesitation step and his step back jumper is looking really good. And he can almost automatically get off his jump shot when he's creating it himself. Jalen 's passing has really improved and his defense is better too.

On the other hand, he's unable to shoot the ball with any confidence, when he can't create space between the defender and himself.

I do believe his progress is real. This off season is vital for him. He can become a consistent threat, if he really wants to succeed.

topfive and Bo6 like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Next up on Clutchfans --- JALEN GREEN SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL! :D

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  9. kpdark

kpdark Member

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He is not good enough to show boat like that. Leave that to the steph curry's of the world and work to get that shooting peelrcentage up to like 35 percent

HardenReturns and topfive like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Kinda surprised londale isn't higher he has really been bringing it too.
    Green has gone to the next level for sure

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Like him having confidence

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly you have little clue on what makes a good shooter. For streaky guys who are fundamentally sound shooters(Green career ft% is 80%), confidence is the difference between being efficient and not efficient.

When Green is doing that it means he's confident. Green confident is not a bad shooter at all.

#1953 fchowd0311, Mar 22, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    GOATuve likes this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Jalen is going to be great if he can be a consistent 3-pt shooter at 36-40%. In order to get there he needs to be selective on his shots. He is still taking too many step back 3’s which he is not good at. Play within the offense and quit taking heat check step back 3’s and he could be really special. Last game his shot selection was not good, but he has improved greatly on that since the ASB. I just don’t want him to revert back to trying to be Steph. Continue to listen to Ime and take your shots in the context of the offense and keep up the defensive improvement and he is headed for stardom.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He should take threes when teams do things like play under screens. The only time he should take a step back is when the ball is dumped to him with like 6 seconds left in the shot clock and he has to create a shot because any shot attempt is better than a shot clock violation at that point.

So he'll still take step backs because he is one of the guys on the team that takes bail out shots when there is a bad possession

16. Ancient Moabite

What's your nationality?

Do you identify people as coloring crayons?

Just asking because you say you are never wrong (is it sports only related?), so I
    Ha, you peeped the humiliation public rituals with the leaked Christopher tape then the Roosh incident then getting flack for knocking up a older fellow club member (stella)

One thang for sure and two for certain, the media loves promoting the Devil and which is nothing spooky but deals with one having a Carnal mind/cause harm

The devil is just action, just like the other verb God (Higher-self = uplift humanity/compassion etc)

17. j@amc

j@amc Member

Chicago loaded up with size to contest shots at the rim. Jalen found ways to get good looks, and when Jock Landale had openings, he gave it up. I didn't see "the selfish" or self-destructive kinds of plays that have characterized Green's short NBA career.

It helps that he seems to have more life on his jumper now, and he's playing at a good tempo.

saleem likes this.
  18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Go to a basketball court and try it and let us know how hard that is.

Just appreciate it!

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Honestly I really don't have alot of clue, you are absolutely right.
    It's great that he is confident but he is young and it doesn't take very many missed shots while turning around before you become a highlight reel in a bad way which can bring a young player down in a hurry. There have been a few players that has happened to and I don't want green to be one of them

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Just trying to look out for our guy that's all.
    Didn't mean to offend anyone, I just think all ot takes is missing a couple of times and it will affect his psyche. Ironically everyone opposed to this statement all seem to say he plays better when he is confident and this is a sign of confidence. If that is the case then wouldn't logic say that he plays worse when his comfodence is shot?