1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The top QBs the Texans face this year are going to have a field day…hope the pass rush is legit they are going to need it.
    Please add another corner and safety Nick

2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'm not quite sure on that. Our secondary is admittedly weak but our division isn't exactly strong. We just need to win it.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm not worried about the QBs in the division I’m talking about

Mahomes
    Allen
    Lamar
    Dak
    Love

Who the Texans face this upcoming year

bcast89, GOATuve and J.R. like this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

We get the big boy schedule this year. Its daunting when you look at who we will play, I dont think were done on D, we have cuts coming up and the draft, I have faith in Nick

Rudyc281 and jch1911 like this.
  6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Mahomes will always be a problem. Obviously Lamar smokes us but now we have a LB who can shadow him. I think Allen has regressed. Not worried about Dak or Love

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. raining threes

A CB will be added in the draft and a S in FA most likely.

8. raining threes

They aren't through adding to the secondary.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Nobody is talking about the REAL problem in adding Henderson... he goes by CJ as well (altho when we say CJ.... E'RYBODY know who we talkin about ;) )

[​IMG]

Little Bit, crose and J.R. like this.
  10. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

We desperately need help at DT. Do you believe that we'll use one of our top-2 picks for a CB?

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Go get him asap

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

We definitely should have added a safety. I wanted Howard at CB but he failed his physical

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans do have an extra second rounder now. Just sayin’. ;)

https://theathletic.com/5358050/2024/03/22/chiefs-ljarius-sneed-trade-market/

The framework for a trade was in place last week between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Tennessee Titans with cornerback L’Jarius Sneed as the centerpiece.

The trade never happened, though. The Titans couldn’t sign off on it because of the final major hurdle: agreeing to a multiyear contract with Sneed, on whom the Chiefs placed the non-exclusive franchise tag earlier this month.

Similar to most players in this situation, Sneed doesn’t want to play on the franchise tag, whether for the Chiefs or another team, according to league sources. And Sneed wants a new contract — a three- or four-year deal — that will make him at least one of the highest-paid players at his position, according to a different league source.

What happens next, however, is uncertain.

Hours after their trade for Sneed fell apart, the Titans pivoted by acquiring a player Sneed has covered effectively: receiver Calvin Ridley, who signed a four-year deal worth $92 million. The Detroit Lions, a possible destination for Sneed, executed a trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to acquire cornerback Carlton Davis. The New England Patriots, the Minnesota Vikings and the Atlanta Falcons have stopped engaging the Chiefs on Sneed.

Sneed is set to play the 2024 season on a one-year salary of $19.8 million. If he is traded, the team that acquires him will understand that he wants a contract extension that would pay him an average annual salary of at least $20 million, which would make him the league’s third-highest-paid cornerback behind the Green Bay Packers’ Jaire Alexander ($21 million) and the Cleveland Browns’ Denzel Ward ($20.1 million).

“The conversations are going to continue,” The Athletic’s Dianna Russini said during Monday’s episode of “The Athletic Football Show.” She added: “I do think if there’s more movement, we’re going to see it a little bit closer to the draft. I think the (Indianapolis) Colts are probably the frontrunner on it.”

The Colts own the Nos. 46, 82 and 117 picks in the draft. If the Chiefs can’t secure a second-round pick for Sneed, they would want two picks, including a third-rounder.

Just re-sign Nelson. And if one of these draft busts turns it around, all the better.

Derek Stingley Jr.
    Jeff Okudah
    CJ Henderson
    Desmond King
    Mike Ford
    D’Angelo Ross
    Kris Boyd
    Troy Pride

That is bbq chicken. QBs licking their chops.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not so sure they should. He hasn't been good for 2 seasons now... he'd have to be really cheap

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

You add a vet safety (Justin Simmons) and I think you have the makings of a lights out secondary coupled with a lethal pass rush.

Maybe throw in a fully-healed Shaq Leonard to seal the running lanes... a brotha can wish!

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have been hoping to sign Justin Simmons all week.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

We could probably have him for peanuts, but dont promise him playing time

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It sounds like a man at the end of his career. The words are good, but is the player still good?

A_3PO and red5rocket like this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member