1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final 20 games - what are your expectations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 8, 2024.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Alpi and Jalen are not a perfect fit---- YET, but they still can be, all either one needs and both need it are a 36-40%3pt shot.

DD

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

At 32-35, if the the just beat all the below 500 teams on their roster and win half the Of the rest that would Put them at .500 at worst.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My expectation is to not end the season with a losing record.

count_dough-ku likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

To add, my prediction before the season was 44-38. But that would have been with Tari and Alpi healthy for the whole season. I think we will get reasonably close.

Ancient Moabite and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They can sneak to 41 wins just by going 9-6. That's definitely doable though without Sengun significantly challenging.

Rockets need to win pretty much all their next four games before they play the Thunder to have a chance I think.

6. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Final expectations are that the Lakers and Warriors make the play in as expected from the beginning of the year... and we have a suck balls off season

Rokman likes this.
  7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

agreed, but working towards a goal should build character and grit ... maybe poise

Rokman, BaselineFade and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

9-6 is going to be hard with no Alpi, Tari, Cam and the schedule ahead of us. We have some gimmes but we also have more than 6 games against winning teams.

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Mavs, Warriors, Heat, and Magic are at home. Clippers on the final day on the road but likely resting starters. Win at least 2-3 of those games and take care of this weak part of the schedule and 500 is actually very doable as long as Jalen stays hot. Fingers crossed.

kspires999 likes this.
  10. PeppermintCandy

Whatever the results, I gotta say it feels good to have the Rockets still be in the mix with 20 or so games left.

To paraphrase Amen Thompson in the recent post-game interview, "just win every game."

Y2JT likes this.
  11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Crazy how we're like 3 games back of the play in as of March 19, 2024 with 15 games to go sitting at 32-35 and 11th place.

I think we lose 6 of our last 15 games games due to matchup analysis and we finish the season 9-6 and overall 41-41.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#71 Mr. Dominant, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Ideal accomplishments should be at the hand of your own work instead of banking on the failure of others. If playoffs was the goal, more work should have been done early.

And personally, still not big a fan of the play-in. Borderlines participation trophy. That said, for a young team, goals are important. If it's a carrot they could chase to play better, then so be it, use it as a mental motivation.

Better as an improvement vehicle than the actual result.

#72 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 19, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I personally hate the play-in. I wish they kept it at the 8 teams per conference.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am tempted to revise, but I don't want to, might stop the streak.

DD

BaselineFade and Ancient Moabite like this.
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I love the play in, but I see it as a punishment. If you can't finish in the Top 6 of a conference, you don't deserve a guaranteed playoff series. If a 9th or 10th seed win the NBA Championship, they deserve to win because everyone else sucked enough to let it happen.

16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Next 3 at home. Bulls concern me slightly but still a game that the Rox should win. Take the next 3 games. And if we miss the play-in then at least go out swinging.

ashleyem likes this.