1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Jabari benefit from being put on the Giannis strength and conditioning program?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Mar 5, 2024.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whatever has to be done to get him to start taking over games when needed, do it.

2. dmoneybangbang

First, I jwish he would become a higher volume 3 point shooter to better space the floor.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"people just don't get it" says guy using LeBron James - as in the actual LeBron James - as a comp for Jabari Smith Jr.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The stupid thing about the Giannis comparison is - if you really want to speculate about what a “full grown” Jabari might look and move like - it’s DEFINITELY NOT Giannis and we know that because there is literally footage of his 6’11” 250lb dad playing in the NBA and they have very similar frames. He kind of has that Serge Ibaka frame - kind of wide and upright with long arms and a bigger chest and slightly smaller lower body.

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

And he has zero athleticism. Even a skinny Giannis was very athletic. Jabari is robotic and stiff.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The way he moves is more like a shooter and not like someone who spins 100x and going for the dunk.....

It was the same watching Giannis shoot jumpers.......very weird when they go in.....

Both cannot be more different.

Rochut likes this.
  7. Rochut

Rochut Member

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. marinara

marinara Member

Dudes 20, might not even be finishing growing.

Gotta be patient with everyone from Whitmore to Jalen but we need to win a championship next season apparently

AuburnRocket likes this.
  9. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

No...over your head obviously....taking one of the GOAT to show even really great players start out slow...29%& 35% from 3 first 2 years. Not comparing Bari to LeBron...think you know that though...but you do you.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Is water wet?

Giannis was about the same size at the same age. You can't rush these things. You can't put 5 years of weight training into a player that is only 20 years old and 1 and a half seasons into their career.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Unlike Giannis, Jabari's jump shot is very aesthitically pleasing. Not a fan of Yawnis' brute strength game.

I rather Jabari be Jabari.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He has a a 80 fg% on dunks. That’s one of the lowest in the nba for any play with at least 59 dunk attempts

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

More I think about Jabari the more I see him as a PF/C, not a SF. I really think he's a great complementary player to have on this roster, given our struggles with shooting and lack of height.

I think he will bulk up, and once he does, I expect his production will end up close to mid/late career Al Horford. On a per-36-minute basis, something like 16 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 50% shooting, 38% from three on around 7 attempts. Great defense, will make some all-defensive teams. Probably won't make as many all-star teams as Horford did, but the league is deeper now. Might sneak into one or two.

I don't think I would trade him for anything but a superstar and/or a straight-up upgrade who can do the same kinds of things but better. So that's a tiny number of players in the league.

He's very valuable to our future roster construction.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

They need to do the Zion diet . . . . Just don't eat everything in the trough.

kubli9 likes this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Bari has the dog in him and the work ethic to fill out his body and become a good contact player. I’d worry if he had that Christian Wood mentality to shy away from contact, but he doesn’t. He’s just 20 and will get stronger.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Trough is full of peds -- feast Bari.

19. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Put Jabari through the Steven Adams strength and conditioning program.

Jabari maintaining his yoga routine should hopefully improve his movement fluidity.
    Throw in some horse stance and plie squats to ramp up his strength, endurance, and mobility of the hips. I believe it may improve his offensive and defensive stances.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So Jabari needs to work out with Adams for strength and with Sengun for flexibility. :)