1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something clicking with Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Mar 14, 2024.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Jalen has been playing extremely well - Ime has unlocked the code.

I will happily eat crow in counting him out.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree.

Jalen is a terrible 3 PT shooter, shooting 38% from open looks is honestly terrible, I'm sure Whitmore and FVV are shooting above 40% on open looks.

Rather than being defensive or shying away from this problem, Jalen should confront and fix this by going on a shooting camp and revamping his shot. Trying to make up for terrible shooting by going to the line more or increasing the pace etc those are just band aids that won't work in the playoffs.

He should take steps to fix his shot cuz that's the one thing keeping him from stardom.

Dobbizzle and AlperenSengun like this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I love how he never gets credit for how he began the season, which was very good.

Somehow, December dictates his first half of the season or something like 60 games, but the ending the season, or the last 20 games literally means nothing.

This season has been incredibly up and down, but its had some ups besides just now.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you could say you’re….Counting Crows

#205 MadMax, Mar 15, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    Philip K. Nick, ico4498 and Mathloom like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

Gotcha and I know what you mean I just don't buy into certain players who I think ultimately were going to be losers no matter where they went because they didn't want to adapt their games (T-Mac, Dwight, Nash). I do think that there is a player on this team who's being marginalized (Jabari) and a different coaching staff would be spamming his jumpers more than Ime/FVV do.

I guess my ultimate assessment is that Sengun is the one constant on this team and everyone else needs to adapt to him at this point. Especially Jalen who hasn't shown a semblance of consistency his whole career.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we went to your school a #31 ranked TS% shooting guard like Jalen would be worth bragging about. LOL

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not the one acting like a guy who can't shoot proficiently being a star.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL. What's consistent to you? The last 15 games of a whole season? Give me a break. If he shoots over 45% FG and over 37% from behind the arc the rest of the season I would be shocked. We will see, but even if he does I'd call it one great streak of an entire year, and something the best "star" guards do consistently.

#209 deb4rockets, Mar 15, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm no GM. I just know there are bigger fish in the sea if you commit to a contract for your "star" player.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Is that the Gen Z term for getting a girl pregnant?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sumthing clicked with Draya Michele.....

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The funny thing is so obvious that he would be stinking it up after a max contract, this is so written on the wall......or at least that is freaking turrible.

Swapshop likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dude the first two shots in your reel are 26 foot stepbacks.

Like I said he makes 38% in open shots and he has good volume there. Notoriously takes stepbacks and long range 3’s and he makes like 25% of these. The only issue is that he thinks he’s James Harden but actually he can barely make anything but simple up and down 3pters near the line. He needs to limit himself, he is not good enough to be taking 7+ attempts to be honest.

harold bingo likes this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

True, even against some of the best teams in the league like the spurs and wizards. He carved up the superior Wizards defense.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I agree. Sell while his stock is on the rise. I don't think he will ever be a good enough shooter to compliment Sengun and Amen anyways. We will need more consistent shooters than what Green will ever provide.

jim1961, ramotadab and daywalker02 like this.
  17. kpdark

kpdark Member

not quite enough -- he should've scored 45 or 50---to get a career high at least against the best team spurs-like you've said

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt Draya a former stripper is such a good influence on a young man......jus saying....he should be surrounding himself with smart dudes managing his money.....and future finances.

That said Draya turned enterpreneur has done something for herself, respect at least.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Just because she was a stripper doesn't mean she is a bad influence or terrible with money.

Being caught up in his money and personal life is how you know your a hater.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There are way better influences.......watching one minute of Basketball Wives tells me a lot that she is pretty self absorbed 40 year old.....

Also pretty narcissistic interacting with other individuals....

• I would have said the same thing if she were not dating any Rockets players.....
    • Hell, even Khloe cared about Lamar Odom and Harden, she just cared about Odom more.
    • But in the end I get it, not everyone can marry a Vanessa Bryant.

#220 daywalker02, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024