1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Duran Duran or Tears for Fears?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 14, 2024.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm too young to know who these bands are, but i like queen. i think that should count for something

tinman likes this.
  3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

delete

Jontro likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ah, youthful idealism.

TFF was once one of my favorites.

No more, I say.

In the grand tapestry of life, my perspective has shifted like sands through an hourglass. Once, I esteemed virtue and diligence above all else. But now, with the wisdom of age, I find myself drawn to the dazzling allure of Duran Duran, valuing their flair over the purported depth of Tears for Fears. Beauty, it seems, has become my North Star, guiding me through a world of glitz and glamour with a wry smile.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hmn.

Tears for Fears had several great songs, although I'd often ask myself, "G**damn, did your parents beat you with a broom handle? How much anti-parental angst is there in one man? But, hey, as Quiet Riot (no judgments) would say, "IT MAKES ME MONEY....."

Have to go with Duran Duran. Sure, they're shallow and narcissistic, but their s*** was catchy. Simon LeBon even still sounds great in his sixties (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction).

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Duran Duran was a 70s glam rock band born a decade too late.