1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The First Omen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Mar 12, 2024.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

20th Century Studios has released a new trailer for “The First Omen,” its prequel to Richard Donner’s classic 1976 psychological thriller film and its two sequels.

Arkasha Stevenson helms the new movie in which a young American woman is sent to Rome to begin a life of service to the church.

She encounters a darkness that causes her to question her own faith and uncovers a terrifying conspiracy that hopes to bring about the birth of evil incarnate.

Nell Tiger Free, Tawfeek Barhom, Sonia Braga, Ralph Ineson and Bill Nighy star. Stevenson, Tim Smith and Keith Thomas penned the script from a story by Ben Jacoby, whilst David S. Goyer and Keith Levine produce.

The original “The Omen” grossed over $60 million at the domestic box office and followed an American ambassador who believes his five-year-old son is the embodiment of the Antichrist.

That film was remade in 2006 and also inspired the single season “Damien” TV series. “The First Omen” is set for a wide theatrical release on April 5th.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/second-trailer-the-first-omen/

I was actually impressed with the teaser trailer, new trailer is more straightforward but I'm mildly hopeful this might be good, The original Omen is a personal favorite....

B-Bob and ROCKSS like this.
  2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I`m in, the original was one of the 2 scariest movies I saw when I was young, the other was the Exorcist

[​IMG]

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Same here, those two movies scared the hell out of me as a kid.....