1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free agency

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sydmill, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Qan

Qan Member

How much money does the Texans have left to spend? Lol

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

If Nic is in love with signing cheap reclamation projects give Bobby Boucher a call…

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Shut the **** up.

TEXNIFICENT, Verbal Christ and cbass like this.
  5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

At this point I think caserio would be interested in signing me at rb if I told him I’d take a 1 year prove it deal for 500k lol

htownrox1 likes this.
  6. Qan

Qan Member

Honestly probably would've prefer this guy. But Autry can play inside...maybe why.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Welcome to Houston Fandom 2024. Depressing indeed. At least Texan fans do not inject irrelevant gossip rag BS into the mix like Rocket fans, but there is still time. :rolleyes:

UTSA2step and javal_lon like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5.5 million a year isn't overpaid for a 26 year old like Singletary, who averaged 4.2 yards per carry with a broken down offensive injury riddled offensive line last year, even as the #2 guy. Even Pierce dropped to 2.9 yards per carry under that soft offensive line.

A little over 8 million a year isn't too much for the best tackler on your team. He's only 27.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's baffling honestly. This team had two areas where they could have SIGNIFICANTLY gotten better today, and it wasn't a secret. RB and DT were clearly the two biggest FA needs on this team, and both of those positions are/were relatively deep with available FAs. DT I suppose is yet to be determined, but based on how today has gone, it seems Nick really hates dealing with the larger numbers that the star players demand. To be left HOPING that we end up with either Aaron Jones or Derrick Henry is not a position I thought we as fans would be in. I was full on the Barkley train, but truthfully I would have been fine with any of the top 3-4 guys that have been discussed. It's crazy that we are in this position after it's been wide known how good our cap situation was all off-season.

houstonstime likes this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Because CJ hasn't knocked up a 39 year old...Okay I'll see myself out ;)

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He does have that girly hair though amirite? o_O plus he was spotted with Amber Rose at that softball game!

Sooty and Xopher like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I smell a HUGE signing coming!!!!!!!

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cry if you like, but when it's clear a team won't spend to give a guy a chance, they don't want to throw their career away with them

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is another one that baffles me. How is it good business to let both of those guys go for a combined ~$14M/year?? I would love to see what Nick actually has these guys valued at, because right now it only seems like his valuations are out of touch with what the reality of the market is dictating.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I am hoping this shapes up like the 2011 draft.... really wanted Patrick Peterson & Von Miller.... got Justin Watt instead. That worked out fine.

I think the only player we really missed out on was Saquon. I also think Saquon was raised close to Philly, Eagles offered more $$$, and he really wants to play the Giants 2X a year.

That being said... hoping we bring in some of those big FAs cut by other teams because of high salaries not quality of play.

I think Nick's MO is find the hungry free agents trying to prove they still got it or players try to show they deserve to get paid. Not a horrible strategy.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

OK, but I would still much prefer Luvu and/or AAS.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Caserio about to get that Jack Easterbunny treatment.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Aaron Jones or Derrick Henry would be huge. I would still have them both in my top 10 RBs in the league even at age 29 and 30.

jch1911 likes this.