1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Final Numbers, lost 2.9 Million Jobs, unemployment rose from 4.7% to 6.3%

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don’t forget trump’s gigantic tax cut, JV, the $1.9 trillion dollar Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Passed entirely by Republicans in 2017 by 51-49 in the Senate and 224-201 in the House (12 Republicans voted against it), it played a very large role in adding massively to the deficit, Covid or not. The huge tax cuts for corporations are permanent. The tax cuts for everyone else? Most expire in 2025, something mentioned by the GOP and trump’s administration as little as possible.

Just thought I’d mention it.

https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trumps-tax-reform-plan-explained/#:~:text=Key Takeaways,families will expire in 2025.

ROCKSS and adoo like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not dogging Biden. I'm dogging the person who thinks quoting numbers without context is somehow an insight.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

an eg would be this parroting w/o context​

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Your typical weekend sniveling has become cute like a starved teacup poodle. :D

You dug this old subject you love to half-aassedly rehash that we could go over several times with context in this thread.

At best, you're just too lazy or stubborn to address anything in detail in that thread.

At worst, you've Dunning Kruger'd yourself (like your thoughts on "QE" for China or the Depression (!)) And can only nitpick lines from me to make us both look bad.

I shouldn't derail this embarrassment and let you cook.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So it just really hit me that we're going to spend the next 8 months re-hashing The Donald's first term from both sides of the isle over and over, drilling down on meaningless minutiae ad infinitum when we can't even achieve consensus on the basic facts, and I'm already over it.

If anybody can put me in a medically induced coma until Nov 7th, I'd be willing to pay good money.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

COVID a Hoax I'll tell 'em. Let 'em die while I lie. I need to golf and hold rallies & fundraisers. We need people there. I have flags & hats to sell, propaganda to push, and lies to spread.

adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

COVID affected those numbers
    There was a DNC congress for half his term
    The economy is shaped by more than executive orders or implementation of legislative policy, and grows and contracts more consistently than on a presidential electoral or partisan scorecard (as we should want it to).

8. adoo

adoo Member

COVID did not happen until 2019, his last year in office

there was a GOP -controlled congress when Trump took office, which helped his admin to pass the tax cut skewing to benefit the top 1% eaners, financed by the middle class.
    • Trump's tax cut was skewed to favor the top 1% earner
      • eliminated the Alternative Minimum Tax, to the delight of the top 1%
      • placed a cap ont SALT deduction, the most popular tax deduction for the middle class.

Team Trump was not as serious about the other campaign promises

in addition to having Mexico to pay for the souther border wall and repeal ObamaCare,
    Trump’s 2016 campaign also pledged on an infrastructure bill, as well as a massive tax cut for the middle class..

except for the tax cut, which was skewed to favor the top 1%, Putin's useful idiot failed on all the other campaign promises

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

deb4rockets and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly many seem to have short term amnesia or selective memory of what things were like during his first term. Heck practically every member of the GOP in Congress seems to have forgotten that many of them were hiding or running for their lives on Jan. 6th.

astros123 likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4 years ago under Trump, we couldn't find toilet paper on the shelves of grocery stores, there were no paper towels, shelves were empty, people were unable to work and somehow we should long for those days?

astros123 likes this.