1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Buck Turgidson

I cannot describe how much I hated Sampson when he was at OU. He was a completely insufferable douchenozzle of an asshat. He's grown and changed and I love the guy.

Nook and Madmanmetz like this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I counter with JoJo Tugler out for the year, Ramon Walker out for the year. Arceneaux already out by then.

McCullar played the first half. He scored 19 points in 29 minutes in their win the other night against Kansas State and 20 the game points in 32 minutes against Baylor the game before that.

Shead has been playing with a banged up knee for a while now.

Jwan has to have fluid drained off his knee once a month and is playing with 7 stitches in his right hand.

At least tonight anyway Kansas played a lot softer than us. It was a game they needed to win. We were prepared tonight they were not and it showed.

ROCK3TM4N, Rock Block, eman and 2 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I counter your counter with my awareness of all these things.

It was a great win.

eman likes this.
  4. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

And no matter what happens after this it has been a great year for our program. Maybe one of the top two or three ever. If we go all the way then of course it will be the best season ever.

Still have a lot of work to do. We need to stay hungry, humble and healthy. And keep throwing that aggressive defense out there without getting into foul trouble.

Tomstro and Madmanmetz like this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

6. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

davidio840, Nook and MadMax like this.
  7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I just booked my tickets for Dallas.

Hope to see some of yall there.

ROCK3TM4N, YOLO, Madmanmetz and 2 others like this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Normally when someone tells me they’re going to Dallas I ask if they lost a bet. But this is different. Go Coogs!

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I thought before the year it would be a great year if we finished top 4 in the conference. The culture of this program said we can win it.

MadMax likes this.
  10. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I’m sitting here in Tempe, waiting, hoping, nervous, but LFG!

DonnyMost, seemoreroyals and MadMax like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just a proud fan having a good time. Not to be taken literally. It will be a tough, very tough road to the Final Four. However, I do believe that UH has a good chance of being there.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

As good or better than anyone else.

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The defensive intensity and sheer effort that Houston plays with will give them a chance against anyone. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team that plays harder from top to bottom for all 40 minutes. They are absolutely ****ing relentless! I'm not expecting them to win it all because I do think they are beatable, the depth concerns me with the injuries they're dealing with, but Jamal Shead is a winner. They don't have the flash of a Phi Slamma Jamma, but damn they are good!

Rock Block, Madmanmetz, Pat and 3 others like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Phi Slamma Jamma team "should" have won it all, but lost on a "fluke" last minute play. An absolute heartbreaking loss. It still hurts.

Madmanmetz and seemoreroyals like this.
  16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just got through watching the post game CKS interview and the Senior Day videos on all six of our graduating seniors. Very inspiring. CKS post game was done live on court. Was hoping for video of cutting down the nets. Hope will get to see that later. Maybe one of the more tech savvy will post the interviews and videos over here.

In watching all six Senior Day videos it becomes obvious to me that one of the main reasons we have been so successful is the closeness and the chemistry among the team. This team has no superstars, no five stars, no 7 footers, only grit, hard work, sacrifice, love for each other, love for their coach, and love for the game. What a great ride it has been as the ride continues to roll. Cougar basketball is the best.

solid and Madmanmetz like this.
  17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It wouldn't have been close had we not slowed it down. THAT's what burns me up to this day.

solid, MadMax and seemoreroyals like this.
  18. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel your pain!

Plowman likes this.
  19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly how I feel. I think coach is such a leader of men, a father figure, and he gets players that come from that family environment or long for it. Its a perfect fit with this "family staff". He coaches his way... Throws Dunn out of his first practice. Demands they buy into his level of hustle every play, every player.

Since coach got here and I saw how he wanted to grow this program, I was telling everyone I know UH is coming back. Coach did this, it was his vision.

So proud of this team. No matter how they finish. That said, give me TCU please. Time for the revenge game with them.

Go Coogs.

MadMax and seemoreroyals like this.
  20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member