1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden is no joke; will vote for him again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 2, 2021.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Can you tell us why Trump is for China owning tiktok now?? No more America first?? You have audacity to say "Crooked joe" lol

2. Xopher

Xopher Member

"It's not a big thing" Yeah she really slammed him.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would have to see the details but I’m not sure how building a dock in international waters would be able to supply Gaza quickly. International waters are 12 miles from the shore.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As someone that has struggled throughout his life with a speech impediment (stammer) I have a greater respect for Biden's ability to overcome it.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder if him being old as hell has anything to do with him not being able to say "democracy" anymore?

Nah, that can't be it. It must just be a disability, and anyone who suggests otherwise is ignorant or hateful. Definitely. Yep. That's it. That's all there is to it. So let's all move on and not mention it.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Vibes > facts

This country elected a functionally illiterate game show host.

Andre0087 and Xopher like this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

LOL me too i would vote for a rock over 45.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I didn't know that 60 days aspect. If true, just more pr by Biden covering for Israel's genocidal behavior. Oh well a bit of pleasant self deception was enjoyable for awhile.

I encourage all to do what you can do to convince Genocide Joe he may well lose the election if he continues his present course

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Dude hamas rejected a ceasefire fire YESTERDAY

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-03-05-2024-a13c5fa6e23fedbda42e3028a96ca14e

Hamas was offered a permanent ceasefire back in late October. If they would've given up power post 10/7 and allowed the PLO to be governoring party the UN would deploy troops in the area and all israeli troops would've left.

Hamas rejected it and broke the original ceasefire in late October. Hamas has blood on their hands

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Pretty cool to see. They are staffers, and into politics, but this will likely be a huge moment for each. Biden with a reminder how decent a person he is...

No Worries, Amiga and astros123 like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm curious why folks in your camp think that you need to punish yourselves & the country (possibly long term or irreversibly so) by help making Trump president again?

I get that the Palestinian cause is important to you. I too am disgusted by Netanyahu and the hardliners that just think it's better to wipe Palestine off the map. But for some reason because I'm not willing to punish myself, the country, and Biden for not dictating what Netanyahu does militarily I know I'll never be able to be view as a purist in your eyes.

Please just help me understand though... why is it worth blowing up our entire country, and potentially losing our Democracy long term just because Biden isn't exactly as far as you, Rashida Talib, etc. are on supporting Palestine with no regard to the nuances, centuries of complexity, and lack of knowledge of talks & negotiations behind closed doors.

Intent to me means alot, and I see no reason to believe that Joe Biden has any intention of sanctioning harm on any innocent Palestinians. Sanctioning harm on Hama terrorists... yes. We know for a fact Biden wants to help Palestinians. Trump wants to help Netanyahu wipe them off the face of the planet and deny them access to traveling to the US ever.

So I'd just respectfully ask for you to explain to us why the way Joe Biden has handled this (knowing that Netanyahu is the leader of Israel, and he wants Biden to lose in 2024) is something that is worthy of blowing up our Democracy over long term? I think we are owed that explanation if you want to come in here as explicit as you are about the subject.

mtbrays, astros123 and Andre0087 like this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. The issue is the hostages. The hostages are important first and foremost to Biden, and our allies involved in the negotiations because leaders like Biden are humans, and their priority is innocent lives. Stop Israel bombing and shooting innocent civilians, and release innocent Israeli's that were taken as hostages.

The hostages are important for Hamas because the ones who are left are the ones who have likely been beaten, and raped to the point where it will hurt Hamas even more on the world stage if it's further exposed with what they did to innocent lives. I sadly believe that if they were just bargaining chips a deal would have been brokered. The fact that Hamas is taking them off the table in exchange for a permanent ceasefire is pretty telling.

I really don't know what Glynch and others on the far left really want Biden to do.... go to war with Israel??... Because anything shy of that it seems like he would want to punish Biden, and America for long term.

astros123 likes this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Last I checked, Joe Biden isn't the prime minister of Israel. The latter still has autonomy over their killing spree.

I don't understand single-issue voters on this. If Biden loses, Trump wins. Everything the left purports to care about aside from Gaza will be irreparably harmed: healthcare, reproductive rights, taxation, immigration, freedom from religion, etc. Even this issue that you're willing to tank the country over will be made needlessly worse if Trump wins. You'll go from a president who is condemning the civilian death tolls to one who would probably encourage Netanyahu to kill even more Palestinians (and whose base believes any sovereign Palestinian land stands in the way of Jesus' return).

Cutting off the nose to spite the face wasn't a good tactic in 2016 and it will be an even worse one in 2024.

#6073 mtbrays, Mar 8, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I think he's more likely to lose if he did the right thing. I mean, he should oppose this genocide on principle, but he would probably lose more votes from moderates than he would gain from progressives.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The US military can build **** fast in remote places and make it operational. That is what they do and prepare for.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He stuck around so long that they turned off the lights on the president

Andre0087, astros123 and Amiga like this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

frail old man

astros123 likes this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not liking the idea of constructing a temporary port during an active bombing campaign, amidst war and among terrorists who harbor hate towards Americans almost as much as Israelis. And add in the likelihood of American control over security, possibly without Israeli agreement...

B-Bob likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I can't imagine Dementia Don socializing with "the enemy" (or friends ftm), to pave a way forward on getting a political deal done later.