1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Back in the fall of 2022 I took a bet of the Republican field versus Trump with @astros123 for $25 to the tipjar. Even when I took the bet I had my doubts about the field but took it as a way to Clutch some more money. With Haley suspending her campaign I'm honoring that bet. I also went ahead and added another $5 for supporting member status.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since trump is the official republican candidate for president he will soon be getting briefings. While trump was president he didn't seem to always take these briefings (they had to be dummied down for him with lots of drawings). But we are now providing someone who is facing criminal charges with highly classified information.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Donald Trump is the single most influential politician of the 21st century
    The next steps in American Politics will be the result of his time in the political sphere
    The downturn of late-stage democracy
    Everything from here is either one side trying to be the opposite of him or exactly like him.
    The "middle" group of American politics has been vanishing . .. now they just ripped the fingernail off
    Trump has changed America . .. win or lose .. . . we all lost
    If he were to vanish tomorrow. . . .. it won't matter .. . template has been made
    Look how many of his clones are in positions of power now . . . . .

Campaigning will never be the same
    Micheal Dyson says all this was made possible because Obama was president
    All those supporting Trump is a backlash to that.
    The abject fear that the white race was being supplanted and may have to legit SHARE power, resources etc
    on an equal level for the first time in American history
    I dunno why it is happening but I know it is . . .. This is a backlash to something

In all honesty . . . . There is a section of Americans who would support Putin over Obama
    Why is that? I have my opinions on it.

I don't worry about Trump as much as I do his supporters
    They are being emboldened.

*IF* Trump wins. . . They will do everything in their power to make him President for life
    Then they will await for him to hand-pick his successor (fortunately beyond maybe Ivanka
    none of his kids are smart enough or likable enough to just slide into the spot . .. . I don't think)

Rocket River

Agent94, FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Trump changes the laws to end term limits, Ivanka would only have to sit on his lap, and give him a kiss on the cheek to persuade him to make her his successor. MAGA cult does what Trump wants.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

IIRC this is a privilege all ex POTUS get, except Biden stopped Trump getting his, for no publicly specified reasons. I suspect that Biden will not change his mind now that Trump is the R nomination.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

That would take a change to the 22nd Amendment.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'd guess a MAGA GOP majority in the Supreme Court would follow Trump's wishes.

Rocket River and ROCKSS like this.
  8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Except what happens if his VP doesn't certify the election this time?

Xopher, deb4rockets and ROCKSS like this.
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Excellent Post RR. IMO trump allowed the gop to say the quiet part out loud, they don't want white people replaced and they play on the fear of uneducated voters who will buy all the BS they hear on fox and 100% believe it. They feel he is the only one who will look after them and "save" them from all that is bad in their life. It was very evident that even though trump broke more laws they any president in history, they simply don't care and now that he is being held somewhat accountable, they see it as the big bad government is gunning for him to keep him out of the white house. I fear even the gop who hates trump will be like the turtle and pick party over country..............we have a long way to go, but I will not be shocked if trump pulls it out, even though I feel Biden has done some really good things for the economy, but quite a large part of America doesn't care about that, it doesn't affect them directly, now when they go to HEB and there dollar doesn't go as far as before then that's Biden`s fault, gas prices go up......Bidens fault. I personally do not feel the gop will ever get back to the middle, the good moderate gop members seem to be leaving. I do think trump is a bunch of hot air and he says things to fire up the base and I am not sure he really cares about putting in "the work", but as we`ve seen through arrests the folks around him scare me more, can you imagine Flynn or Bannon back in the WH and this time they know how to hide things............it would be bad

10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This captures the entire situation right here.

You have stupid/low education voters who would have difficulty understanding information and messaging on a good day, and when they have perfectly honest intentions. Now, add (1) tons of false information that support their beliefs, (2) indifference as to whether it’s true or false, and (3) anger when it is explained to them that they are citing nonsense or flat out lies.

Nobody likes being wrong, even on a good day. Even fewer people like being wrong and stupid/gullible. So they choose to believe they are right, they are under attack, they are the victims, they’re just fighting back, blah blah blah. We see this every single day here with the same circle jerk of posters. Salvy and Crixtus the Gaul/ formerly The General are literally poster children for this. Tinman used to post real OG rockets content, but I’m concerned that he has actually lost his mind.

I struggle to see how the country how this country breaks from this spell. I’m not sure it can. First, you would need to have Republican leadership call a stop to this nonsense (you know, after Trump is dead). Then you would probably need some kind of historic event or charismatic figure that finally gets the attention of these people and they realize they’ve been had.

Maybe it’s a charismatic southern gentleman Christian who calls for a real return to good Christian values and abandonment of all this Trumpy crap. A Joel Osteen that is slick, conservative, tough enough on the libs, and easy on the eyes. A young Ronald Reagan. Even then, I don’t know if that would work.

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL, so true. That's why I put those fools on ignore. They choose to believe and support a compulsive liar over fact checking the stuff he spurts out. They won't even listen to facts at this point. It's like everything is fake news unless Trump says it. o_O

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Trump's supporters care more about him than any law and they vote in GOP primaries. What senator or representative is really going to say that the 22nd amendment is more important than their fealty to Trump when the voters demand a third term for their savior?

No Worries, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some in the Trump administration the last time brought up suspending the election and declaring a state of emergency which would’ve kept Trump in office.

That Trump and his supporters did try a scheme with false electors, attempting to pressure the VP with the aid of members in Congress to accept those electors show they are willing to go very far to undermine democracy.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think there will even be an election

Rocket River

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Grandpa crazypants rants from the street corner...

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I heard he was giving gagillions to illegals!

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Criminal Trump and his Criminal Associates

Of course he pardoned 3 of them, and there are plenty more who have taken plea deals.

Screenshot_20240307-123744~2.png

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's so ****ing dumb that anyone buys this. Everything is a post-modern hell scape. It's unconscionable that this ogre is still a public figure.

19. NewRoxFan

Here's crazypants program for improving education (LOL... someone must have told him that math and arithmetic were different and its important to point that out).

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member