1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. HTM

HTM Member

Will be interesting to see what happens with Trump, his prosecutions and the possibility he wins the 2024 election.

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Yea, real interesting...

[​IMG]

deb4rockets, rocketsjudoka and ROCKSS like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What in the world is wrong with republicans in North Carolina?

Candidate once accused of election fraud wins North Carolina House primary
    https://www.politico.com/news/2024/...ark-harris-dan-bishop-election-fraud-00145421

4. NewRoxFan

"build consensus"...

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You ask why Republicans would elect someone thrown out after credible allegations of election fraud? Seriously? The GOP has Trump as their favorite for President. The King of Fraud. If someone is willing to lie and cheat the GOP endorses them fully.

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I will be drop dead shocked if Trump loses any R votes, despite all of the mouthing off the never Trumpers do. See Nikki Haley.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not one but surprised McConnell, the spineless GOP politician is endorsing Trump. Trump has called McConnell a “dumb son of a b----” and remarked that he would like to replace McConnell as majority leader if he were reelected president. Trump has also made racist attacks against Mitch McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao, an Asian American, despite the fact that Chao served as Trump’s secretary of transportation, and accused McConnell of conflicts of interest, alleging that Chao has ties to China that compromise McConnell. But, as Senator Ted Cruz can attest, attacks on one’s spouse can easily be forgiven in Trump’s Republican Party

I remember after the Trump instigated insurrection when he said “We all were here. We saw what happened. It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election, from one administration to the next. That’s what it was.”

He also said “He didn’t get away with anything yet. We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation, and former presidents are not immune from being accountable by either one.”

https://apnews.com/article/mitch-mc...uper-tuesday-422a2ec6f19917b46804b4cf6ee40371

8. NewRoxFan

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What else would MLK Jr. on steroids say?

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

In other words, back when I was asked in February... I said I would put party over country and party over my own integrity...

11. NewRoxFan

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Republicans are becoming more and more structured like the Mafia

ROCKSS likes this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Their Dons' never had such a loyal following...

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

A lot of people want those cuts, though overall I would say a large majority oppose them.

15. NewRoxFan

Yet another example of a republican taking credit for a Biden action that they opposed...

How Republicans rail against government spending on TV — only to brag about its benefits back home
    https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-garcia-earmarks-omnibus-government-spending-2024-1

A mailer that garcia later sent out claiming credit for securing these funds:
    [​IMG]

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Let the purgery begin.

17. NewRoxFan

I realize that its a common theme for the party out of power to ask this question (I remember Reagan was successful with this), but stefanik and her fellow maga republicans look especially brain dead asking this question or suggesting things were better four years ago...

You had a president claiming Covid was the flu, then calling it the China Flu, then claiming it was not a big problem, it would go away by itself, it was going away, then it was something they might be able to make go away by inserting a bright light into your body, that horse tranqs or bleach might work against.

Meanwhile, the economy was shut down, people were dying in such huge numbers that hospitals ran out of space so people were being treated in parking lots and on hospital ships, temporary morgues were set up in parking garages, in refrigerated trucks, and offsite storage.

And through this, the president lied.

This was four years ago.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

GOP and MAGA this week......

Candidate once accused of election fraud wins North Carolina House primary.

GOP Presidential favorite still claiming his election was stolen.

Young kid in line at MAGA rally says he wants to put Nikki in jail.

Congressman Marge Greene tells former BBC reporter now hosting The News Agents Podcast Emily Maitlis to “F*ck off!”

Sexual assaulter Trump endorses groper Boebert.

Donald Trump confused Barack Obama again for Joe Biden at a rally in Virginia.

During Trump’s speeches in Virginia and North Carolina he “mispronounced words, got confused, mixed up names, forgot names, and babbled insane nonsense.

The former president struggles again saying Venezuela, calling it “Venezuera.”

Republicans in North Carolina just nominated a man for governor who is a literal Holocaust denier,
    said gays are the end of civilization, called school shooting victims prosti-tots, said shootings are karma for abortion, and called civil rights movement a communist plot.

Donald Trump on holocaust denier Mark Robinson, the North Carolina's Republican nominee for governor:

“This is Martin Luther King on steroids…you’re better than Martin Luther King. I think you’re Marin Luther King times two”

Donald Trump, seeking cash infusion, meets with Elon Musk.

NC gubernatorial candidate Mark Robinson says,
    “I absolutely want to go back to the America where women couldn’t vote."

Trump: "Just recently heard that Saudi Arabia and Russia will be re— be— do— *slurring* oohhhh"

Trump further escalated his immigration rhetoric and baselessly accused President Joe Biden of waging a conspiracy to overthrow the United States of America.

Doritos has become the latest target of the right’s cancel culture crusade, with Bud Light-hating conservatives everywhere rallying around the hashtag #BoycottDoritos this week.

Trump taps Election Deniers Lara Trump and Michael Whatley to lead RNC. Whatley earned his promotion with Trump with a resume of pushing to rip away women’s basic freedoms – including access to IVF – and refusing to condemn Nazis and white supremacists. Whatley is being rewarded for completely embracing Trump’s far-right anti-freedom agenda because extremism and hatred are the qualities Trump is looking for in an apprentice.

19. NewRoxFan

marsha marsha marsha...

20. NewRoxFan

"But, but... he is the republican candidate, I have to support him"

ROCKSS likes this.