1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Concerts have you attended this year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by white lightning, Jun 1, 2022.

1. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

It was a pretty good year for concerts. Think i'm done. Got to see a lot of mainstream bands i grew up hearing on the radio. I know they get a lot of hate, but looking forward to purchasing Creed pre sale tickets this morning for the Woodlands

My year

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Foo Fighters
    Disturbed
    Breaking Benjamin
    Godsmack
    Blink 182
    Nickelback
    Shinedown
    Papa Roach
    Alice n Chains
    Bruce Springsteen
    Guns N Roses

IBTL likes this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

seems to have been quite a show. I've spent most of this year trying to procure tickets for my daughter for Taylor, The 1975, Noah Kahn, and boygenius. she's seen some good shows.

3. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm going Jan 27...floor tickets...any recommendations?

My year has been pretty concert heavy:

Weir and Wolf Bros (x3)
    Dead and Co (x4)
    Janes Addiction
    Ryan Adams
    Flaming Lips
    The Cure
    Depeche Mode
    Metallica (x2)
    Interpol / Pumpkins
    Greta Van Fleet
    Zac Brown
    upcoming - JRAD
    upcoming - Bob Dylan
    upcoming - Wolfmother
    cancelled/delayed - Aerosmith

2025 I've already lined up tickets to Tool, U2, and Foo Fighters...a nice start.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I attended the "When We Were Young" festival in Vegas just a week ago. That was a lot of fun, a ton of bands I grew up listening to played at the festival.

Joshfast likes this.
  5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Saw Nation Of Language on Friday night at Tulips in Fort Worth. Great show and the crowd was crazy energetic at times. Surprised that about half the people there were my age, but then again it is 80's inspired indie synth pop.

So for the past year that makes:

Nation of Language
    The Cure
    Flock of Seagulls
    New Order

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I saw Mammoth WVH at Warehouse Friday it was pretty full and I guess its the last rock show before they move to midtown next month.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mostly indie stuff around Austin

Like https://www.madamradar.com/ etc.

Though have seen:

Depeche Mode
    The Eagles
    Eric Clapton
    Suede
    Judas Priest

DD

8. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Headed to Hard Rock Fl to see Tool in January.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Several Indy bands.

Also Darker Waves Festival. Cruel World Festival. Both had a ton of great bands.

The best show and voice holding up of all of them was Human League. It was incredible how they sounded and the show they put on with great time and effort. I wasn't expecting that.

Also saw:
    Automatic
    The Damned
    Clan of Xymox
    The Breeders
    Belly
    The Mission (UK)
    Bjork
    The Chameleons

DFWRocket and Xerobull like this.
  10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Finishing up the year on a strong note this weekend in Auckland, NZ:
    • Kraftwerk on Friday
    • The War on Drugs + Spoon on Saturday

Xerobull likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Going to Queens of the Stone Age on 12/9 then Galaxy Station EDM festival on 12/14. I think that’s it for the year. Maybe.

BMoney likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

BMoney likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Saw Queens of the Stone Age on Saturday and they were phenomenal. I’d sure I have hearing loss from it. Worth it. Super talented band live.

Going to the Galaxy Station Festival in Houston in a few hours, lasts 4pm-3am. 40+ djs slinging trance, tecbno and progressive. Some really big names in those genres below. Lots of the opening DJs are from Houston so we’re supporting local artists.

If you’re going DM me. Code JAMSHEDDY for $5 off, MILITARY for $10 off for vets (they check military id at the door).

14. Xerobull

Going to illfest in Austin this weekend.

15. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

How was Belly? They haven't been to Texas since they reformed a few years ago, but I keep hoping they make it down here.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Belly totally lived up to expectations. Tanya's voice seemingly hasn't degraded one single bit. They were tight and seemed nervous in a humorous and endearing way. They kept talking about the difference between their New England roots and Los Angeles, and they were seemingly unsure of their footing. It may have boosted their performance, but ultimately made them seem more real, genuine and down to earth. They played mostly classics but also a fair amount of new tunes. Very enjoyable and bumped up my already high esteem for them. I immediately added numerous Belly tunes to several different playlists.

DFWRocket likes this.
  17. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This year going to see (so far):

1) Chromeo / The Midnight
    2) Future Islands
    3) Def Leppard / Journey

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

One of my wife's friends offered me a single ticket to see The Rolling Stones. I don't usually go to concerts by myself but...it is the Rolling freakin' Stones....

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. Xerobull

Acts were amazing and I can’t really pick a favorite although Rezz was probably the best.

The best thing about EDM festivals is the people. Everyone is just nice and there to have a good time. The rare assholes get pushed out quick and everyone takes care of each other. I met so many amazing people that I’m going to keep contact with.

The venue, The Concourse Project, is really, really good- just the right size imo, with one stage inside and one outside. Ownership is amazing and I met and talked to a lot of the staff and they all love working there. The VIP areas are well situated for viewing and chilling. Outside vip was covered, had a nice, well staffed and efficient bar and had plenty of seating. Inside VIP was raised and you have a great view of the stage and can watch the light guys work. Bar and seating were also great. Main floor inside is really spacious. Overall very welcoming with an amazing vibe.

It’s close enough to Austin for cell service to work and I imagine ride share is decent although we had a ride.

If you’re interested in EDM and can make it to Austin for shows at this place, I highly recommend it. I’ve been building a friend group in Austin, like the EDM scene enough (Kingdom is also amazing) that I’m considering buying a property that I can hang my hat at and airBNB the rest of the time.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't usually see concerts alone either, but sometimes nobody else digs the band and it makes sense. Sure I could get someone to go but I'd rather enjoy the vibes solo if the other person isn't in love with the band. Long story short - going to concerts alone is awesome in its own special way.

ima_drummer2k and FranchiseBlade like this.