1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sengün Numero Uno nobody surprised.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. kpdark

kpdark Member

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully he keeps having more fake good games to keep his value relatively intact so we can get a decent return this off season.

Corrosion and Tankeio like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jaters still going strong!! LMAO

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let him chuck 40 shots in the next game so we can tell potential buyers he scored 40.

Corrosion, cml750, Arda and 1 other person like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought it was impressive he hit almost all his shots inside the arc. No idea why he took 10 3's like wtf

8. dholi_1

dholi_1 Member

I'm no analytics whiz, but seems like he should stop shooting so many 3s

GotGame15 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

some of the layups last night were jaw dropping and half of you still arguing if he has any talent...another great game for him. besides the 2/3 step-backs, the rest of the 3s were in the flow of the game.

on the other hand, what is our shooting coach doing? his base is terrible and angle of his elbow is consistently bad.

10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Too his credit he seems to be finishing better at the rim. That's something he can build on. Even he doesn't consistently hit 3's, being able to finish drives makes our offense look competent. Hoping he finishes the year strong.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd rather him play like he did tonight even if he is missing 3s than just completely no-show and float around out there. He was aggressive driving to the rim and making things happen offensively.

I really hope he works on his outside shot this offseason.

BigMaloe and Bo6 like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He just needs to cut down his 3pt shooting.

Mathloom, Bo6 and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JG needs to get to the line, and get much better better/show more discernment from downtown. Still, there is a lot more effort (especially on D), and...some improvement. I wish the kid would have worked hard on everything these last few years, rather than wearing that badge of entitlement. We'll see, said the Zen Master...I'm still for shipping him out, in a deal for the right target. But, you never know...JG COULD change my mind.

#1473 Plowman, Mar 6, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    sydmill likes this.
  14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought Jalen played a good game despite the poor 3 point shooting. The step-back 3 is obviously something he’s practiced but the results aren’t there in-game. The coaching staff needs to rein him in on those shots.

Easy likes this.
  15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

one promising thing is when he gets blocked at the rim or cannot finish, it is usually way too obvious. You can see it coming at least 2-3 seconds before it happens. So hopefully he'll be able to fix that and he is generally finishing better.

And the shot must be fixed. The form is not good and not much improvement there, which is kind of discouraging.

Bo6 and sydmill like this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If Green could shoot then he would be really good....we have a few of those guys on our team.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Jalen Green experience reminds me of what people said about Kelly Oubre Jr. He can give you an efficient 30 one night and an inefficient 10 the next. It's been 3 years, but once his rookie contract is up, he's either got to be consistent enough to be paid like a star, or he's just another Oubre getting bench minutes for bench money.

At this point I don't have too much faith in him being more than a 6th man type. If he shows more I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I've had enough of his roller coaster from past 2 years to still care today.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Except that we need a 2 guard that can make 3's.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

23 points on 23 shots is Russell Westbrook type efficiency.

No thanks.

Downtown Sniper, A_3PO and cml750 like this.
  20. sydmill

sydmill Member

I've never liked Jalen. I wanted Mobley and the entitled attitude really rubbed me the wrong way. But the Rockets are my team and they've invested in him so I've accepted his success is our success. Honestly, I don't think terribly much needs to happen for Jalen to return to the trajectory of being a Allstar type player. We should be thinking more D. Mitchell or Beal level than Kobe or Jordan but that's not too bad. Certainly not a bust.

If Green can iron out his mechanics, be more selective of his 3s and play more downhill then I could easily see him bounce back next year and project to being a solid #2 for a good team. He just has to want to accept that.

Plowman likes this.