1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

The Harden and Jokic defense strategy. It'll hurt if they score 50. It'll kill you if they score 20 and are getting teammates going.

Make him work on defense every play and he'll tire. Give him his blocks and his Twitter highlights and take the W. Everyone wins.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This bro at 1:42 to 1:47

"I feel like they are not treating him as the franchise player over there man...which he should be, you know."

[​IMG]

LOL this guy is fun to watch actually...

at 4:02 or something...

"You know, Jalen Green kind of a dumbass at times, but that was good shot selection" :D

clos4life, Old School74 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. anchel

anchel Member

Houston has come back to look at him also on the block, not just on the elbow. It was not that hard, being the best player of the team.
    This is what's special about him, his versatility. They still can make a better use of him at handoff situations.

There are no big men this versatile. If want him to fulfill his potential, take advantage of his versatility.

Houston was playing dogshit basketball. Hopefully they can sustain this for this season, and Udoka improves and hierarchize the schemes for the next one. Then, he will be a real all-star.

He will keep improving his efficiency on the block, his go-to-moves. His body. His 3pt shot. His elbow shot.
    His preparation for every game.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

OMG. GTFO. He did it against a guy Sam Vecenie is saying might already be a top 5 defender in the NBA. The Spurs may be tanking, but Wenbanyama damn sure isn't.

This is weird, man. I don't believe in Jalen like you do, but I want him to succeed and I don't diminish him when he has a great game. You came here just to dismiss Sengun's incredible performance. Weird, man.

Ardeus, Rustyrig, YaoMac09 and 13 others like this.
  5. plegus

plegus Member

Yeah dude couldn’t help himself, the joy he had especially during and after 4th quarter was fun.

I wouldn’t put it the same way, Jalen’s main problem is his on court processing however he is not dumb. He just needs a little more time than average to instinctively make the good enough decisions. After that he will be a good or great Nba player. I see no reason to give up on such potential just after what is considered reasonable time for average.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It should also the blueprint for the rockets. Sengun can and should try to foul out every big he will struggle against defensively.

cml750 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Jalen had one beautiful sequence with Alpi where they passed to each other and instead of finishing himself, Jalen made a surprising final pass to Alpi. I think these two actually have good chemistry.

I am always so torn on Jalen. Don't dislike him, but his on-court play frustrates me to no end. Then he goes and does something great. And then he does like 5 bone-headed things in a row.

Really difficult.

arno_ed, Arda, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  8. conquistador#11

My favorite was the Shake and Spin that left Wemby in quicksand carrying an anvil but the freak just reached over with his right arm and was back in the play lol.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I like Bradeaux.

Ardeus and cml750 like this.
  10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Who does?

Rocketchamp, as far as Jalen Green is concerned:

[​IMG]

Drinking the Kool-Aid.
    (Although Jalen has definitely played well recently.)

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL I am still watching this video...funny find.

9:00

"You can tell Cam Whitmore is from da hood...he ain't scared of nothing bro" :D

11:12-11:30

"SENGUN! ABUSE HIM! That's what you should be doing every game Rockets! Just feed him! Just feed him! Constantly feed him! Constantly put the ball in his hands! He's a playmaker too! Bro should be averaging 8-10 assists per game!"

#12832 AroundTheWorld, Mar 6, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    plegus, cml750 and clos4life like this.
  13. Umut

Umut Member

You won't change haters' minds, you'll only tire yourself out. So I think it's pointless to argue

HardenReturns and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Sengun showed the world (and some Rockets fans) that he can be the number 1 option on a championship level team. He just took a DPOY level player to school. This is what happens when defense can't force a double team on Sengun 24/7. Get him good shooters and he will cook.

Ardeus, Downtown Sniper, Arda and 6 others like this.
  15. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

[​IMG]
    Rocketchimp?

Arda and cml750 like this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Last night was the type of breakout, franchise player type game I was hoping to see from Sengun this season, incredible.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Rockets' social media account (finally) ramping up its support for Alpi.

Alpi is inevitable.

18. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Good to see that 'the wizard' is sticking up, he is the wizard in my eyes.

19. Radricky

Radricky Member

20. conquistador#11

The Nba should replace the Jerry West logo with the second picture.

HardenReturns likes this.