1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 3/5/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2024.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

He was fearful he might get mugged by a "Goon" again!
    Don't blame him either!

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. I was actually impressed with his defense. That's what I was most impressed with. The Rockets can score when they RUN! That's what I've been wanting them to do.....stop coming down posting up but run and get everybody involved

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If only the other 29 teams had a carbon copy of Alpe, Wemby would be cooked.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Wemby was so upset cause he thinks we are a bad organization. And he thinks losing to us is pathetic. And he didn’t play very well.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I did one of those “30 minute nap ended up turning into 4 hours” and missed the entire game fam

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Missed a fun one

7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen drove 13x and got 0 FTs it’s a huge issue the Rockets need to have refs at practices and tell him why he isn’t getting calls

Refs used to be at practices to watch Harden when he started playing with the gather rule

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

"Takes losing very seriously", huh?

Bet if our guys did it we'd be called poor sports and bad losers.

Ah well, such is the life of a Rockets fan

9. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Not the current disaster. There was hope once.

10. Sonicbun8

Sonicbun8 Member

this should shut the Goon haters up for a good while.

11. MystikArkitect

Yeah I'm sure that's what it is and not having to stay off of social media because it's going to be flooded with everyone talking about Sengun turning you into roasted escargot.

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If he really takes losing seriously, he must be mad pretty much every night, because, well, look at their W-L record. LOL

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Sengunmania! Is running wild!!!

[​IMG]

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What a day.

Made the short list and secured an interview in Washington DC, it ain't Texas, but it sure beats Sydney.

Watched Alpi treat Wemby like I used to treat the invisible defenders in the backyard when I was 12 and the ring was lowered to 6'.

Noticing a bit of a pattern this year - the team gets Alpi plenty of ball, he gets into a rhythm, he absolutely dominates. So explain it to me like I'm 5 why the team more often than not doesn't do this?

What else is there to say about Alpi that hasn't already been said. People are making noise about the shots he had stuffed by Wemby, yet there's not that same noise about all those personal steals and then turnovers for others to get the ball that Alpi caused on Wemby down the stretch. Beautiful stuff. Almost like if he's allowed to defend his man and only his man - he's pretty darn good at it.

Jalen's shot attempts. I credit him for minimising them as the game went on, part of me wonders if that was a direction at half time because they could sense Sengun feasting. But Jalen was having just as phenomenal a game offensively as Alpi was having - if not better, remarkable as that is to say - except for some reason he was still being seduced by that hideous step back 3. Dude was ON FIRE inside the arc and attacking the rim and even had a couple with Wemby right there as well. But he decided to tank his numbers by throwing up 10 threes - whilst recording an astounding 10% accuracy. The IQ isn't there, but that's been repeated constantly. Like I said though I give him credit for recognising Alpi was the man tonight and deferred as the game went on.

Cam Whitmore. He just gets it. (maybe not in the passing but who cares right now). He went right at Wemby knowing Wemby was in foul trouble. No soft lay up attempts or avoiding going in there - he met him in the air on numerous occasions. It's crazy he is 19 years old.

Landale with back to back threes in the first half. Attempted mind you, not made. Jock I know the team has said they need more threes but it definitely was not implied they needed them from you.

#834 Downtown Sniper, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol at ESPN dropping this video...I don't mind, really, I get why but...nothing about Alpi's night either. They should have put up his highlight video too.

justinh and DeBeards like this.
  16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I like the Escargot name. That’s great.

Also I could start calling Wemby “Sous Vide” cause he gets cooked by Sengun with precision.

Sous Vide.

17. Gergin

Gergin Member

He also refused to shake hands with Giannis after a bad loss to the Bucks. That's not taking losing seriously. He is just a bad loser.

Aruba77, HardenReturns, ArtV and 2 others like this.
  18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Who on the Spurs said something about Alpi's family and was it in French? j/k

Alpi had himself a day!

cmoak1982 and daywalker02 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

jch1911 and DeBeards like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

What a game, easily most entertaining one of 2024! It seems Green is finally getting how to use his body better around the rim and making lay-ups he was missing all year long. He also seems to use his very quick first step better, which might have come from someone pointing it out and that is slowing it down slightly before moving quickly. It's almost like a hesitation move. Loving it :) What's more to say of Sengun besides holy ****, wow and "that's what I'm talking bout"?! That pass to Whitmore was my favorite play of his. The defense was stellar too.

And speaking of Cam, between him and Amen, I think we'll be alright for the future. That one play where both went after the rebound and got tangled up was funny and indicative of their hustle and go get it mentality. Cam's refusal to be denied and coming back at them, whether it's a missed dunk, lay-up or 3pt, with no conscience is very Maxwell like and Amen's defense is stellar for a rookie. Seeing Wemby and Sochan get emotional out of frustration was the icing on the cake. Houston, we have a rivalry again :)

justinh and quikkag like this.