1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sold at 480, honestly with that market cap gonna be hard to make crazy ass returns it’s just too ****ing big

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The faster they rise...the harder they fall.

Sajan likes this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

honestly, the CEO sounds a lot like Musk during Tesla's crazy runup.

He is promising the world and I don't know how much of it is BS and hype and what will actually pan out.

I listened to the entire earnings call yest. I am in for a quick pump/dump but ya, I don't see how long they can keep up this insane valuation. twitter bros are still saying it's cheap...smh..

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

thanks for the insight, we missed out on probably 60K by selling a bit too soon but the P/E at the time, etc just didn't favor keeping.

I think AI is the future but there is a smaller market cap company out there worth it. (if you have any insights please share there as well)

Sajan likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

6. Surfguy

NVDA needs to raise that crappy dividend. lol

Nvidia is out of control! SELL IT ALL! SELL! SELL!
    [​IMG]

#19566 Surfguy, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  7. Surfguy

I think I might have to buy some more Amazon here on the next dip.

That may be tomorrow. lol. This has been too good a day. There's gotta be a fallout coming of some sort for stocks.

#19567 Surfguy, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  8. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I bought some Puts on Coinbase expiring next January. It seems we may finally soon see stable coin regulation in the crypto markets. Though I've been saying that since 2018. Also Coinbase removed the Bitcoin payment option for merchants? Seems... suspicious.

Brian Armstrong (CEO), and Fred Ehrsam (director) have been slowly unloading shares in a bull market. Cathy Wood just dumped 500k shares.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's got to hurt TSLA shareholders watching the other mag 7 make ATH while TSLA is the same price as Nov 2020...
    3+ years: 0%.

Their savior is too busy trolling on twitter.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tesla like Apple and has a 2010s design vibe to it but it is 2024. The car used to be futuristic but now looks a bit dated.

For whatever reason, design aesthetics seem to matter in consumer preference.

And for the record I am wrong about everything.

Sajan likes this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

The cars stand out...in a bad way.
    I get nauseous when I see those beluga whale looking model Ys...

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

We know the stock market doesn't trade on fundamentals.

What do you think would help Tesla stock?

Until Musk gets his 25%, the stock price will struggle. Good investors take Musk serious when he makes threats.

Without L5 FSD, Tesla is just another boring ass auto company. Auto's are boring.
    It seems FSD (in some form) is inevitable...whoever gets there first is a different question. Ultimately it comes down to two key fundamentals - who has the best data (not necessarily the most) and who has the best transformers...or best AI tech.

TL;DR - Tesla need's X.ai, good AI Engineers and a good supply of AI chips.

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Why does he get to demand 25%? He voluntarily sold off a huge amount of his stake (and even moved to Texas in order to avoid the associated capital gains taxes in California). He realized the financial gains of his stock increasing. There's nothing preventing him from buying back shares of Tesla if he wants to gain some additional control. He sold when the value of the stock was quite a bit higher than it is now so this would have actually been a good time to buy back in for him.

Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Lol. if any other CEO said this, they would have been long gone now.

The stock is struggling because demand is down. Margins are down.
    TSLA shareholders are realizing FSD is a pipedream and maybe.....just maybe they are just another auto company with a diff energy source.

#19574 Sajan, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
  15. Space Ghost

Anyone can demand anything. Delaware overturned his compensation package which would have put him closer to 22%. Anyone without a bias knows this was an activist decision. Regardless, he has something Tesla needs ... which is x.AI. And he intentionally separated x.AI to use as a bargaining chip.

If anyone thinks this is about Tesla EV demand being down and margins being down, they are being daft. Its down because the good institutional investors do not know if Musk will be around in 5 years.

Let me say it again. Autos are boring. Tesla is not going to be a multi-trillion dollar company because it sells basic EV's. Competition will catch up, tech wise.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

You are daft for believing everything that man says.

What he says and what he does are two diff things.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I always thought Tesla should stop making cars and just make batteries/drive train and license them. "Come buy your all new 2025 Yukon Denali powered by Tesla!"...type thing.

dmoneybangbang and Sajan like this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Lucid probably has to end up doing that soon. They can save some of the dying legacy manufacturers with no viable plan to electrify.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

WKHS is 25 cents now, lul

20. Space Ghost

Opinion piece: It took me a bit to realize why Tesla was expanding in certain directions that seemed to counter traditional thinking. For example, going from S/X --> 3/Y --> CT --> robotax/economic car while building a Semi and building massive battery storage capability. Each of these serves as a foundation for common platforms. Some have debated why Tesla does not get into transport vans like Rivian's Amazon trucks. If you approach it from the perspective as a battery pack/drive train with a shell on top, it makes sense to believe Tesla will eventually move towards providing battery pack/drive trains to the secondary market. The CT drive train can easily accommodate delivery vans. The Semi drive train can accommodate larger vehicles like the F-350+.
    Then Tesla follows on with fleet management hardware and the software, effectively going the Google Android route.

Also, I can see battery production moving more towards a futures market, trading much like energy.