1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Crow Reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Feb 28, 2024.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First-look images from The Crow showcase stars Bill Skarsgård and FKA Twigs. The upcoming movie, which was directed by Foundation's Rupert Sanders, is the fifth movie in the The Crow franchise, which is based on the comic book series of the same name. It is a reboot of the original movie, following musician Eric Draven (Skarsgård) who comes back from the dead to seek revenge for the murders of himself and his fiancée Shelly Webster (FKA Twigs). The cast also includes Isabella Wei, Danny Huston, Laura Birn, Sami Bouajila, and Jordan Bolger.

Vanity Fair has shared a collection of first-look images from the upcoming The Crow reboot. The first two images showcase the romance between Draven, who is heavily tattooed, and Shelly. The last one, however, features Draven in full Crow regalia, embracing the goth aesthetic of the original character with dark eye makeup and a black jacket with no shirt underneath.

Skarsgård is an actor who has made a name for himself by playing the monstrous role of Pennywise the clown in the new It movies. This has led to similar roles where the actor is either buried beneath monster makeup or CGI, including Kro in Eternals and Count Orlok in the upcoming Nosferatu remake. While the star could very well follow the career path of someone like the prolific monster actor Doug Jones, it seems that he has been largely trying to focus on roles where his face is shown onscreen.

Despite a brief The Crow controversy after original director Alex Proyas made comments about the reboot being disrespectful to the original movie's late star Brandon Lee, this movie could be a perfect bridge between It and future Skarsgård roles. The actor has been playing more human characters in recent titles such as Barbarian, John Wick: Chapter 4, and the upcoming Boy Kills World. However, every one of these characters is either styled in an unusual way or features a unique blend between normalcy and the capacity for violence.

The Crow's Eric Draven continues that Skarsgård character trend in both his look and personality. Considering its high-profile IP and prime Summer 2024 release, it could be the biggest movie yet for Skarsgård, proving he can lead a movie where he shows his real face, even if it is still covered in tattoos. Though Nosferatu shows he is already continuing his penchant for monster roles, this new movie could show off his range enough that he has opportunities to alternate between monstrous roles and human roles as he pleases moving forward.

https://screenrant.com/the-crow-remake-movie-bill-skarsgard-fka-twigs-images/

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

I was not interested in the original, but I know it was loved by an entire generation. I probably should watch it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

Brandon Lee will always be The Crow. I don’t give a **** about the comic book or whatever, Brandon Lee made that role and became Iconic.

Rocket River and RunninRaven like this.
  4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pic leak of the antagonist, Crazy Ex

[​IMG]

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Looks like The Crow is a meth addict. I have the power of foresight, and it's telling me this movie is going to suck.

tinman, pmac, Entropy and 2 others like this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

WTF is this? his pants are down so low that we should be seeing pubes, but there are none. i cant imagine the the crow would be into manscaping, but here we are.

its like jared letos joker combined with that maroon 5 guy at the super bowl...maybe slightly less gay.
    [​IMG]

nobody has ever made tattoos look as uncool as this dude.

VanityHalfBlack and FrontRunner like this.
  8. Xerobull

I can't stand this guy.

jo mama and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. Xerobull

Upon reflection, this d is everything I don't like about California.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Apparently the director modeled the new Crow's looks on Post Malone. Hollywood these days.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Some movies don't deserve or need sequels. This franchise didn't even deserve an original. The soundtrack was coo though

12. Xerobull

I don’t have a problem with it. It’s a movie for angsty youth, complete with all of their trappings.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Crazy Ex can be a formidable antagonist, and I suspect we can all relate to battling such a foe.

14. Xerobull

When you fight them they smell like old cigarettes, hamburgers, scratch-off lotto cards, energy drinks and cleaning supplies. The trick is to not let them go behind a building for two minutes to activate their crazy but short Super Saiyan mode

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Does this version of The Crow still have a feud with the NWO?

16. CrazyJoeDavola

Remake?

RIP Bill Skarsgard

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What has been released thus far comes off a lot like

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack and tinman like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Reminds me of Donnie Darko...