1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

February 29th slaughterhouse massacre, IDF shoots starving civillians by the hundreds

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Photos like these highlight the cruelty being inflicted on Gaza.

2. Nook

Nook Member

No one in the Middle East or elsewhere will take in the Palestinians.

Kuwait actually deported a lot of them 25 years ago, hundreds of thousands in fact and their people and government will tell you the smartest thing they did was deport them and align with the USA.

Egypt has built a border that is substantial and has deported them in large numbers before.

Iraq under Sadam Hussein used the military to push them out.

The Jews pushed them out of Israel when they took over, and didn't give citizenship to those brave few that remained for many years.

The reason no one wants them is complicated.

Part of the reason is religion, the Middle East is Islamic, but not all sects of Islam are equal, and so half the countries off the bat do not want the Palestinians for that very reason. The second part is that because of Israeli apartheid and control, they as a group often times are very poorly educated and have limited skills. In the Middle East, a lot of the more successful nations like Kuwait and Jordan have emphasized education and population size. They do not want to bring in a lot of people that did not get educated in their society and in their government.

Other valid reasons are that some Palestinians are very radical Islamists, and most Middle East nations outside of Iran do not want seditionists in their country. They also know that they will for generations identify and Palestinian. The majority of Arabs in Israel still identify as Palestinian for example.

Another large reason is that countries like Egypt do not want to appear to be supporting the destruction of the Palestinian cause - which is what would happen if they agreed to take in refugees.

At this point we have given Israel the military means to be self sufficient - so they are not going anywhere..... the Palestinians cannot go anywhere, and they are a lightening rod for Iran and Saudi Arabia, whom uses them as a rallying point for the games they play with each other for supremacy in the Middle East.

At this point the USA and her allies have destroyed the buffer zone between the extremists and the Jews - Iraq, so there will be problems. If the USA was going to take over Iraq, and 200,000 people were going to die, they would have been best served to establish a permanent base and to financially help the country be a very close ally to the USA. Instead we invaded when we shouldn't have - we stirred up a hornets nest and left Iraq to Iran.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pretty simplistic viewpoint...that is sadly mostly true. They're dropping like flies though, especially during and since Covid. There are some I don't want to see go.

Pretty much my view and take, from my comfy armchair in the USA, of the entire situation. Reminds me of certain Americans wanting to ship X minority 'back to their country'.

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It’s a concentration camp

VooDooPope likes this.
  5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So if you read many sources from many eyewitnesses, there apparently are two separate incidents that happened hundreds of meters apart from each other and converged to have people killed.

In the first incident, contractors in the aid trucks got scared as they were swarmed by hundreds and so they took off in trucks and ran over a bunch of people. Once they started driving people were trampled and died as well.

In the second incident, a group of people approached IDF soldiers. They were warned away but did not leave so the IDF shot and killed some of them. This also caused a stampeded that killed more.

These incidents happened within minutes of each other, in the same general area, but maybe half a mile from each other.

Death tolls are different depending on who you ask. Hamas says 100+, IDF says just a few...and independent agencies on the ground gave no estimates.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fake news thread. Hamas propaganda.

ROXRAN likes this.
  7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Good to keep in mind, and per the IDF spokesperson they did shoot civilians

also, they have been starving people intentionally for months

gallant and the Likud cabinet openly admitted this at the beginning.

It’s literally hell on earth a modern day concentration camp with slow starvation as opposed to gassing

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

This dude doesn’t care about IDF killing children just fyi, he also loves Bibi

And you say this while posting tweets from fat ****s like Hilel whatever. I’m sure your sauces are on point lmao

if it wasn’t clear already. If this was the 40s you would be denying the holocaust brother. I say that without being snarky (like above which was tongue in cheek). You’re biased and would defend rape, murder, genocides etc

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

@AroundTheWorld i don’t know if you’ve noticed but in America we don’t like starving civilians and killing them

(a million died in the Iraq war as a result of similar policies )

your goals might be different

try posting even legit Israeli sources which contradict all the crap you say instead of stupid syrup tweets from losers

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The only ones who targeted civilians were Hamas (the government of Gaza).

If the Gazans didn't want a war, maybe they shouldn't have started one.

ROXRAN likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

How the **** did the gazans start the war while being in a concentration camp? Oh wait that’s right Hillel fat fck told you and also how to live your life

Obviously you have good taste in cars so maybe he has a W there but start reading independent sources. Everyone else in this thread gets it, you should try. Your hero bibi aka young adolf is evil

it’s not worth it when we’re talking in different frequencies brother. I say this with sincerity as someone that wants these Islamic extremist groups eradicated. A genocide is not the way (it’s crazy I have to say it)

until then peace out from me in the D&D. You can post stupid tweets I just won’t read anything

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

By murdering over 1,000 civilians, raping women, abducting hundreds of people. Also, they were not in "a concentration camp".

Stop falling for Islamist propaganda.

There was and is no "genocide", except the one Hamas and other Islamists are trying to conduct against Jews.

You are an intelligent guy, but you are really wrong on this one. I can only assume that it is because of the biased Muslim news sources you consume.

ROXRAN likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I mentioned the conflicting reports. There are two death tolls reported: the total (reported by the IDF as dozens and Hamas Health Ministry as 104), and the one the IDF claims is due to Israeli fire. It's not clear what caused the stampede.

Dozens killed in Gaza aid stampede; IDF says its fire caused no more than 10 casualties | The Times of Israel

Thousands of Palestinians rushed the trucks after they passed an IDF checkpoint in central Gaza, leading to a stampede in which dozens of Palestinians were killed and hundreds wounded, some after being run over by the trucks, according to the probe.

The IDF said that fewer than 10 of the casualties were a result of Israeli fire.

The Hamas health ministry said in addition to at least 104 people killed, around 760 were wounded, describing it as a “massacre.”

Aid groups say it has become nearly impossible to deliver humanitarian assistance in most of Gaza because of the difficulty of coordinating with the Israeli military, ongoing hostilities and the breakdown of public order, with crowds of desperate people overwhelming aid convoys. The UN says a quarter of Gaza’s 2.3 million Palestinians face starvation; around 80% have fled their homes.

Flour massacre: How Gaza food killings unfolded, and Israel’s story changed | Israel War on Gaza News | Al Jazeera

Witnesses said that the stampede happened as a result of Israeli firing and that the trucks also rolled over wounded people, adding to the death toll.

#33 Amiga, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's wrong to say "Gazans" when it was Hamas. This language supports collective punishment. Do you endorse that?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

We also know from hostages who have returned and from the liberation operation for two of the hostages that they were held captive by "civilians".

ROXRAN likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

@AroundTheWorld I take that answer as a yes, you do support collective punishment of all Gazans.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In college I dated a woman who's grandfather was a Holocaust survivor. She lived in Israel one summer and went absolutely very pro-Israel even saying she wanted to join the Mossad. I reconnected with her over the pandemic but after Oct. 7th she completely unfriended me. I haven't talked to her since then.

I also briefly dated a woman who had served in the IDF about 20 years ago and was stationed in the West Bank. I completely lost touch with her. When I met her she had moved to the Bay Area and didn't want to go back to Israel.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I support Israel eliminating the threat from Gazan terrorists.

If you can convince the Gazan terrorists to not use civilians as human shields and fight openly on the battlefield, then I support the IDF only fighting on that battlefield.

Blame Hamas and those who put them in power.

How do you suggest Israel can eliminate the openly stated threat of repeated attacks like on October 7th - while getting bombarded with rockets from Gaza - and how do you suggest Israel can defend itself, while not being scolded by leftists from the West sitting on their antisemitic high horse?

I am German and (in hindsight) I support the allied forces bombing Germany to rid it from the Nazis.

#38 AroundTheWorld, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    ROXRAN likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You dated a left-wing lady, which makes sense.

Thanks for sharing.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can actually understand why someone who had family and/or who's life was threatened on Oct. 7th would feel as bloodthirsty as they do. What I find disturbing is the amount of bloodthirstiness and frankly enjoyment that some who have no direct connection seem to get out of watching Gaza getting flattened and civilians dying. I would say the same about those who celebrated Hamas killing, raping and taking hostages on Oct. 7th.

I don't believe war or violence can always be avoided but it shouldn't be celebrated. I made this same point regarding while I do strongly support Ukraine's defense of itself I don't celebrate the deaths of Russian soldiers. It's a tragedy too that most of them are just conscripts being forced into fighting a war.

I'm not sure whether human nature is really good. Humans have been capable of immense cruelty. I also think most humans do just want to live in peace. I suspect most Israelis and Palestinians would be fine with Hamas giving up all of the hostages and the IDF stopping bombing. The problem is there are those on either side who just want to see the other side either completely annhilated or pushed out of the region altogether.