1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The era of cheap streaming is officially over

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I did this last season. With the highest tier of YouTube Tv, you can share with several family members. I went in halvsies with my brother-in-law for the Sunday Ticket. He is an Eagles fan in Buffalo, and I am a Texans fan in Albany, NY. For 150 bucks for the season, it worked out really well. Now, this season with the Texans getting maybe 4 prime time games and a couple of 4PM starts, I might not go in for the Sunday ticket. I also have the highest tier of Netflix because my son is a traveling musician and uses it on the road all of the time. We have no issues being on the service at the same time.

I have the Disney/Hulu ESPN+ bundle. I seldom use Disney+, I only use Hulu for Murders in the building. But I use ESPN+ often early morning coverage of golf. FA cup, and college basketball. If they jack up the price on the bundle, I will drop HULU and Disney like Nick Cannon's ladies drop kids.

My best bang for the buck ad on is Discovery+. For 4.95 a month it has (for me) the most interesting content available. Just get used to that stupid Jardiance commercial at the beginning of EVERY EPISODE they air of anything.

Rocket River, ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Thats why God made Spotify basic. I'm ok with the ads. that's when I pour my cocktail, or put more wood on the fire, or turn the steaks.
    You don't get Amazon music with your Prime account?

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Antennas for the win.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yes fubo provides the local channels as well. I only have the service for local sports as I don’t watch any other tv and all is well

MadMax likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You're a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you!

6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I was curious myself so I checked into the different Amazon Music plans a moment ago. To tell you the truth, I'm a little confused right now but I think it goes something like this: Apparently there's an Amazon Music Free, Amazon Music Prime, and Amazon Music Unlimited. Then within the Amazon Music Unlimited version, there's a one device at a time plan and there's a plan that allows you to listen to up to six devices at once.

I have the Unlimited, one device at a time plan.

Amazon Music Unlimited allows you to listen to many tracks in HD and Ultra HD, and there are no ads. You can definitely hear a difference between standard and Ultra HD on a decent home stereo. With the app on my iPhone I can listen to certain songs in "spatial audio," which is also pretty cool.

I'm generally very frugal and hate paying extra for things. And, to tell you the truth, I'm sitting here right now debating on whether or not I should be paying extra. God if those HD & Ultra HD songs don't sound really good though...

I'm curious about Spotify too and have been thinking about trying it as well (I can live with a few ads if they're not too intrusive). There's also Tidal which offers even more Ultra HD, AFAIK...

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Anyone else instantly think Fubu when they see Fubo?

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin, TexasTofu and MadMax like this.
  8. MadMax

10000%

Xerobull likes this.
  9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

10. MadMax

Last question I swear...so Comcast wants to charge me about 140/month (which includes their router) for 1200mbs internet going forward. I just cancelled TV, so now I'm month to month with them on internet...and can't really miss a day without internet, that includes an actual in wall connection to my desktop in my home office.

I should pay you some sort of consulting fee or buy you a beer...but any ideas on whether I can get that kind of connection cheaper with someone else that's reliable?

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

no.

12. conquistador#11

I ended my netflix subscription in Feb. Had them since 2015, never switching.
    About to do the same with Max.
    The ads did it for me.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Updated link...