1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 2/27/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2024.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They got their expectations up when 30 wins was always the realistic outcome.

People wanted a rebuild, wanted a tank, this is what you get. They spent the past few years collecting top 5 picks so now we have to wait to see if any of these top 5 picks will develop into all-star players and if not...then you collect more top 5 picks!

GotGame15 and AuburnRocket like this.
  2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were always giving them a top 10 pick. The more we lose, the better our chance of moving it to top 4.

gfab-babyboi, MoochiSmoochi and Nook like this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I say avoid any prospects like the plague that go to the g-league instead of spending a year in college where they might actually learn how to play some defense.

4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I know, I said the same thing! lol
    Not even sure why they put Cam back in though since he also put Bullock and Holiday in as well.
    You KNOW those 2 are going to be jacking whenever they get the ball!

Hey, at least we kept the deficit under 20!
    And the nets lost big time and the hawks won without "Tre" so the night's not a total loss.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I know we’ve been having fun roasting Jalen but Dillon and Fred has been playing so bad that I think it’s them coasting us the game more than Jalen at this point.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I still don't really mind the FVV contract, since he can be gone basically anytime we want now that he's effectively an expiring contract. The Brooks contract was bad at the time, and looks slightly less bad now that he's actually been a decent 3P shooter, but I still don't really like it--we have another younger, higher-ceiling options at the 3 that we don't need him.

Easy likes this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

BamBam and WestendMassive like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really miss Tari.

It's sad we didn't get to see more of that Tari-Bari-Amen defensive trio.

I hope the guy can play basketball again as it sounds like his leg is falling off at the hip or something.

DeBeards and Roomba like this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Next season, Steven Adams will be putting a body on Chet. NGL, I'm looking forward to watching the stickman try to play the same way against Steve-O.

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Completely agree. We did not stop playing hard, we were just beaten because we’re not there yet. The recent games have also sort of cemented for me that Fred is not guy to lead us deep into the playoffs, but he IS the guy who will bridge the gap for us until we get there. His contract made a lot more sense for me when I realized it was essentially a two year deal, but I also have flipped my opinion and I think that Harden would’ve been better for this team in terms of development

Tuckmose and daywalker02 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

fell asleep and missed the last 3 quarters

judging by the box score, I didn’t miss much

DeBeards and Roomba like this.
  13. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I’m with ya, I rather take a chance of landing top 4 pick and grow Amen and Cam by resting Fred rest of season. This draft is so weird that probably have most steal and the bust than any other draft classes. Pretty sure OKC will draft a treasure even as late top 10 pick

Sonicbun8 likes this.
  14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Jabari and Sengun looked solid. Jalen Green played at his usual level. FVV and DB disappearing act hurt.

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our 3PT shooting was horrific. We desperately need better 3 PT shooters on this team. It's hard to watch so many bricks flying around in one game.

On the bright side, Jabari and Sengun have a combined 81 rebounds and 119 points the past 3 games. :)

tagedieb, Sonicbun8 and Roomba like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt that it is going to be that bad of a draft, some borderline All Stars in there somewhere I am sure.

MoochiSmoochi likes this.
  17. Strawberry Gum

Both Fred and Dillon are like national heroes for my country and I'll always be grateful to them for the Raptors championship and the recent medal won by Canada, but they've been underwhelming as hell lately. Their impact on the floor has reduced so much compared to the beginning of the season.

tagedieb likes this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You missed a great game if you like small fake comebacks and Fred + Dillon playing like ass :(

Reeko likes this.
  19. ThinkBigRoc

ThinkBigRoc Member

I'm more concerned with the lack of effort on loose balls, and Chet bullying our bigs on the boards in this game. Alpi and Jabari had double digit rebounds but neither one of them can rebound in traffic. It's sad when your best rebounder in traffic is Amen and Tari. Jeff Green literally stands around waiting for the ball to reach him. He has been a statue on the boards, (17 minutes 0 rebounds tonight), lately.

20. WestendMassive

You missed a Jalen Green masterclass. Dude was special out there

HardenReturns and Reeko like this.