1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wow you really were born in 1923

AroundTheWorld and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Would love it. A wholly year boy, even you will have no idea why was holy.

It is my bad sending you Mozart related clip. Should send some trash rap music containing clip to such a young "boy".

(I hope you don't mind calling you "boy", it is reciprocity, you call me 1923 born because of nick, I call you NickBoy)

3. cml750

cml750 Member

Sengun has not played as well as early in the season but is still playing well. Your boy Jalen on the other hand, other than a few games, has looked like **** then entire season. Sengun would be playing even better if your boy Jalen could stand on the beach and throw the ball in the ocean. Sengun is being double and tripled team every time he touches the ball. If he had players that could hit open shots then they would pay for the double teams. You might try actually watching the games sometimes instead of trotting out the same stupid rhetoric every time Sengun has what you perceive to be a "bad" game. TBH, it might have a little more weight if you ever acknowledged when Sengun has a great game. Instead you are absent likely pissed off when he has good games. Lucky for us his bad games are fairly rare so we do not see you much.

4. StroudAndYorDaddy

this guy here

imagine being a longtime harden hater... but then staning a literal bum in jalen green

"muh athleticism"

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean it seems like it would've lined you up for a pretty brutal war

Why do you think the UK produces such poor basketball talent for being such a highly populated fancy country? Spain, France, and Germany have all given us absolute Legends, the Balkans and Baltics produce, even Greece has talent

Look at this https://www.fiba.basketball/rankingmen#tab=fiba

Behind Iceland? Good lord. Have ye no shame?

6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Ask to British people. It is not my problem/responsibility. Uk is my current address but it does not make me British.
    i am from a historical Roman city;Ankyra, currently Ankara, capital of Turkey and very proud of it.

daywalker02, tagedieb and ThatBoyNick like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Accountability. Buying Alperen stock in case anyone is selling.

Also buying Amen, Jabari, Tari...

Patiently waiting to see Cam make noticeable improvements in what Udoka has been preaching to him from day one. Namely the tunnel vision and the overall awareness on defense.

Easy, BaselineFade, clos4life and 4 others like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

his comedy is actually very clever

he is a Cambridge grad

my wife is a Cambridge PhD

he makes fun of their stuck up attitudes very well

still an amazing place

9. 34to11

34to11 Member

But you have to admire their ability to create an alternate reality for themselves.
    A whole world where their idol is never at fault for any of his follies.

10. maypk

maypk Member

Nice PP bud

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see the thread has grown by several pages . . . any new developments? someone catch me up, please

12. cml750

cml750 Member

He hated Harden too? If so, it proves he has a history of hating the teams best player. I avoided the GARM for a long time other than scanning for headlines periodically around draft time and after trades due to it becoming so toxic about a decade ago. I only really started getting back into the GARM last year mainly due to @AroundTheWorld threads about Alpi getting me excited to be here once again.

13. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

Is that lad Baldrick from Blackadder?

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Sengun has not been playing well for a while now. He is not making his move early enough in the possession. Teams have learned that he will wait several seconds to make a decision and are sending the double teams later in the shot clock. It is a confidence thing and he will be alright. Jalen is a lost cause as a starter.

cml750 likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

There have been a lot of things that have changed about his game in the last month or so. He is no longer taking mid-range shots. He is hesitating, as you say, allowing double teams. Whether that is by design, due to injury, or loss of confidence, I do not know. We do know he had an injury leading up to the all-star break. Is it lingering? Who knows. Ime recently mentioned about him baiting double teams so maybe it is by design?

16. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Baldrick is Tony Robinson.

Rodney is Nicholas Lyndhurst.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree. I have no idea why he abandoned the flamingo. Sengun himself admitted that he is taking too long to make decisions. This kid is still going to be great. We just have to get a legit shooting guard (not easy) and we are going to be great for a long time. I like Cam, but I really think he will be best served as a sixth man through next season.

HardenReturns likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

live video from Ankara?

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The Alpy Phenomenon is spreading to the four corners of the world!

34to11 and Os Trigonum like this.