1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

SpaceX doesn’t need GPS to geolocate a dish. GPS spoofing, much like MAC address spoofing won’t accomplish anything.

I’m tired of this conversation. To summarize:

Can SpaceX geolocate every dish - yes.
    Can they deactivate any dish - yes.
    Are there ways to identify Russians dishes - yes many.
    Can SpaceX backlist areas - yes.
    Can they white list known Ukrainian dishes - yes.

The premise that SpaceX can’t do anything to help shut down Russian dishes in Ukraine is bullshit.

#1221 Agent94, Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I never once said SpaceX can not do anything. Never. I simply said its not as easy as waving your hand and the problem solved as you keep implying. In fact, I gave a couple basic solutions how they could and I said there are situations that would make it more difficult to cut them off 100%. You again keep waving your hand and said its not a problem.

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I realize you never actually said SpaceX can do nothing. You went hard after posters that said SpaceX / Musk should do something, saying it would be a difficult problem to solve. Then you came up with non-existent technical roadblocks as proof.

It's a push of the button to shut down a dish. Locating a dish is also trivial. The only "hard" part is distinguishing a Russian dish from a Ukrainian dish. That part just takes several forms of legwork that Musk seems unwilling to perform or even except that the Ukrainian will do it - that is the problem. You come off as a Musk d-rider for overstating the difficulty of the problem and defending their status quo hands off approach in Ukraine.

tl;dr. On the on hand, you have Ukraine making the very believable claim that Russia is using Starlink in Ukraine and asking for help from SpaceX to shut them down. On the other hand you have Musk stating "To the best of our knowledge, no Starlinks have been sold directly or indirectly to Russia." This is the problem. Ukraine asking for help and Musk refusing to acknowledge a problem even exists. Not overstated technical gibberish.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Musk has a lot of incentives to solve the problem.

6. Agent94

Agent94 Member

What are those? $$$?

7. Space Ghost

What you are alluding to is SpaceX is in cohorts with Russia. When you flippantly say (again, the wave of the hand) "it just takes a push of the button to shut it down", youre insinuating SpaceX is helping Russia because they for a fact know which terminals are being used by Russians. You further this by quoting him stating "to the best of our knowledge, no Starlinks have been sold directly or indirectly to Russia". What do you want him to say? "oh yes, we are selling them by the boat loads" or "sure, our Arab partners are selling them and we are cool with that". That would open up all kinds of unnecessary investigations when the statement is indeed true, they have no idea who is selling them. Whether they care if Russia is using Starlink or whether they care enough to do an investigation is a different story.

Its a wack a mole problem, not a wave of the hand solution as you keep alluding. Russia can continue to buy them indefinitely.

It the grand scheme of things, its not SpaceX's problem to manage and anyone with a pragmatic point of view understands this. SpaceX isn't going to deploy an army of people to micromanage the 42000+ starlink terminals in Ukraine. If the US government doesn't like it, they can deploy Starshield and manage it themselves.

8. Space Ghost

"Starshield will be owned the US government and controlled the US space force". This is the right order of things".

9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Wow, that's a really bad interpretation of what I said. You are arguing with yourself at this point. If you have any valid argument against the actual points I made, then I might discuss this with you again.

To whack a mole, you need to play whack-a-mole. Musk refuses to acknowledge moles exist. Why? I don't know. But it's suspicious when his sycophants really love moles.

Amiga and gifford1967 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

Speaking of spreading false info on twitter and Community Notes providing the fact-check...

Here is a sample of matt wallace's "tweets"...

ROCKSS and FrontRunner like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

15. NewRoxFan

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. NewRoxFan

At this point musk and trump must share log-ins...

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Musk is one of those guys who has so much power that he doesn’t get the feedback needed to break away from his alternate reality bubble. Eg. He honestly think he’s funny.

19. NewRoxFan

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am curious how much immigrant labor including “illegal immigrant” labor Musk’s companies use.