1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabrari Smith Truly Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t think Bari is a bust or anything, but he’s surely not a star.

it’s amazing to me that it’s not near unanimous among rockets fans that Stone is a bad GM. Sub par at the least. I really wish Tilman would do what a good owner should do, and fire him in the off season. But I’m not sure we can attract good GM candidates if Patrick is attached to the job. That’s the sad truth.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I dont think Patrick will last as GM, unless he has some sort of hidden talent that we are unaware of. The Patrick years will make us miss stone, i anticipate it being very bad. I assume he gets 4-6 years, and they eventually move him to a support role or CEO role that he is in now. You have to have a deep understanding of the game to be a good GM and there are a handful of ways to get that experience, but Patrick will never have worked a real job in his life, if he is "learning" from poor leadership he is doomed and being set up for failure before he even begins. It is rumored he wanted the Westbrook deal to happen, so that is highly concerning.

The only thing that would save us is if we luck into a generational talent that is good enough to hide the work of a bad GM.

3. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I know he's young and bigs take longer to develop but I cannot get over his Harrison Barnes act. He's someone you can win with if you have a generational superstar and 3 other great starters but if he's someone you need to depend on, you won't like what you see. He's the definition of a placeholder starter. Like sure, he can start but it's not by choice.

mario_v and hahachui like this.
  4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You still have to do the right things around that player. I get the feeling he doesn’t have a clue.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Also a frustrating player.....a big that chooses to face up......a 7 footer.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's not skillset but a mindset issue. Jalen and Jabari sawft af. This is the product of riding stacked aau teams. Nobody develops because you got the elite big, elite shooter, elite pg, elite...

These mentally fragile players then go on without doing the little things that win games.

#226 cheke64, Feb 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    robbie380 likes this.
  7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Some people don't find Win Shares useful as a stat, but I generally do. He's third on the team to Sengun and FVV. A lot of what he does doesn't show up in the box score.

For context Jalen is 10th, and only in front of Whitmore because he's played almost 1200 more minutes.

I understand what you're saying though. I thought his shot would be better. Still 20 though.

gfab-babyboi and BallSoHarden like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari is a stud. Wait until he becomes the second option.

gfab-babyboi, BallSoHarden and vince like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He’s 20 years old.

10. vince

vince Member

Jabari saw this thread and said, you fickle fans need a reality check! 22 points and 16 rebounds says Jabari has some gumption.

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Just 20 years old and put up 22 and 16, plus a lot of pressure plays. By reading here one would think the thread was evaluating a grizzled veteran but yet the guys not even drinking age.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are a good statistician.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is because everyone else is drinking earlier than 21 and only the US is drinking later (but they do it anyways in other countries)

14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Your eloquence blows us all away with useful post after useful post.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

If he wants to be rebounder and defender he needs to gain weight this off season. His shot ain’t that automatic enough for him to scare to loose a shot form by gaining muscle.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That comes after a Boring Win, I mean yeah, it was entertaining.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Giannis has to get bigger. Not substantially but ten more pounds would help

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Drinking age is a funny thing that kept being mentioned here. ....Athletes don't even drink that much, or they should not, only the Regular Joes find that fact fascinating.......

Instead just say they aren't old enough to make several All NBA honors.

19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Jabrari is no jabroni!

Dominant rebounding and defense on KD! Again, he’s the player I’m LEAST worried about—he has a role, is improving, and is competitive as hell. He will be a good player for years to come

Y2JT and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would not say worry is the exact word......but the lack of setting him up in the grand scheme of the Offense is concerning......

Win home games is cool, this stuff gets magnified on the road.