1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors: JG4 refusing to be sixth man and believing him not being properly used

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Feb 21, 2024.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Because he went after their little Golden Boy Jalen “Michael Jordan Kobe Bryant Clyde Drexler” Green

2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

They're both awful. Two complete and utter wastes of a roster spot. Arguing who is worse is like arguing would you rather be hit by a train or a bus. One is gone thankfully. Hopefully Jalen joins him after this season

HardenReturns and Jags like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I had compared him to Westbrook as a shooter long ago, how it killed spacing .... took a lot of crap for it.

It's fairly obvious we are looking at this thru the same statistical lens ..... without the benefit of some alternative math taking into account he's only 19, 20, 21 22.

To be fair, I made the same comparison about Amen shooting .... he hasn't been as bad despite shooting much worse because he can do so many other things well. I think the comparison to Westbrook is a much fairer one in that aspect - they can both do much more than Jalen, you give Amen starters minutes and he's going to average a triple double .... but their ultimate upside / effectiveness is limited by their ability to shoot the damn ball.

4. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

He should be a sixth man on weekends...

upload_2024-2-21_19-44-53.png

I paid my $30... just to be able to post this fine analysis. What is Jalen up to on Friday & Saturday nights?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, at least if we're only talking from a basketball perspective.

Jalen is awful at basketball, KPJ is an awful person off the court.....but the talent is there, he'd have been really good at SG next to FVV if he hadn't ruined his career by being a piece of **** off the court.

That said, it doesn't really matter, one is gone, the other hopefully will be soon.

6. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Cade will get paid! MotorCade is the only franchise player the Pistons have. Odds favor the #1 overall pick getting the rookie max, past 4 out of 6 draft class picks got it.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I apologize for saying that the ‘Trade JG’ thread was stupid. I was wrong. Not only is this kid a marginal at best as a bench player, he’s fallen into the NBA gold digger rotation. We don’t need that drama around the locker room.

DeBeards, BamBam, cml750 and 6 others like this.
  8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I said when Ime was hired that this will be everyone's real rookie year--Jalen, Sengun, Jabari, Tari, Amen, Cam.

All have potential, but potential can be fool's gold. How they respond to a real coaching staff will ultimately determine how long they are in Houston.

DeBeards, Xerobull and Nook like this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jackson Gaitlin just a few weeks ago apologized for a inappropriate post he made about Jalen Green on twitter. These guys are immature & looking for attention

J.R., Nook and raining threes like this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Because he's a nimrod who believes in his head that he's a celebrity. This attention is giving him validation

GOATuve and raining threes like this.
  11. Hui

Hui Member

That's suppose to be a SG stats? He just needs to focus more and get Mamba mentality! Put in the off game work. Udoka aint Phil Jackson but he's a good coach just sit down and work harder JG! The hard work will pay off later!

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

More like he should only be starting on Fridays. That's the only time his +/- is positive.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And, as you said, he apologized. Do you think he's doubling down now with a public lie? Roosh is a douche. But that still happened.

cml750 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was the Great King Ghidora.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Agreed. Now trade him to a team that can use him properly.

Arda likes this.
  16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It's not just not living up to the expectation. He didn't even play the right way. So many times he should've pass the ball, instead drive into the crowd and put up a difficult shot.

BamBam, cml750 and HardenReturns like this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen Green playing horrible but Rockets front office insist playing him as starter.

Good job.

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The best way to use Jalen Green is as a third string SG.

19. TimDuncanDonaut

With NBA soft rules on defense, league average TS% is hovering near 58.3%. Trended up last three years. 56.6%, 58.1%, 58.3%.

Jalen is 54.7% (rookie), 53.8% (sophomore), 52.7% (this year). Trended down.

For TS%, that deficit is significant.

For guards, I'm willing to maybe shave off 2% ish, so Jalen should at least strive for 56%.

So only Fridays? ;).​

Again we're talking about being average. Not supposedly a lead guy where one hope is above average.

Lot of the teams where Jalen had good games were against teams with bad defenses. And some of them, where he had good individual games, team still lost. In those games I'm maybe grateful team didn't get blown out, but the bar is low.

Whole team can stink on offense, so team really suffers when the offense doesn't come from our SG. But because everyone on the team can stink it up, I'd be willing to still reserve a spot on the roster for Jalen, if the humility is there and is grateful a NBA team is still giving him chances.

When bargaining, is that person is ok with reduced minutes. If your performance is bad, is it shameless if your agent is still going to demand big money?

But if likelyhood is that his agent hopes to leverage the mystery box syndromes of other teams where other teams think they can do better, then this is Stone's real test in how he's going to handle it.

Final note: on starting/benching hurting trade values. Other NBA scouts see what we see. And can contextualize. There's little team can do to disguise it. Even if Jalen off the bench, expectations is he'll still get 15 or more minutes.

DeBeards and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don’t agree with you here. You’re presenting it as an either/or argument but in reality there are things we can do to utilize an athletic non-shooter better and yes also Jalen should be able to do the things you wish he could do.

Winning basketball is this vague blanket term if we don’t define it. Whatever Udoka is doing is great and he can improve his offense. A PnR and shooters making their open shots is not a whole offense. Regardless of whether Jalen even exists or not, if people are saying there’s no reason to improve our transition and space and movement off ball I strongly disagree. I don’t want an early career Thibs as the coach of this team and that’s what he’s been so far.

Luckily, Udoka doesn’t disagree. He has said he wants more pace, more movement, more energy. I’ll say it for the millionth time, I can’t understand why this board continues to staunchly defend an offense Udoka does not like.