1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Times] ‘My Memory Is Fine,’ a Defiant Biden Declares After Special Counsel Report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 8, 2024.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden has passed the largest infrastructure bills in decades. Even Republicans that voted against them are campaigning on projects being funded by those bills. The Biden administration has expanded Medicare and access to health insurance exchanges. They’ve increased the childcare tax credit and forgave a lot of student loans.

Amiga likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Yes. As I said, passing the burden onto the tax payer. That is not a solution.

Astrodome and tinman like this.
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They are solutions; apparently, they are solutions you do not like. Congress recently passed an act that reduces poverty among 16 million children, but of course, it has a burden on the taxpayer. It is an effective solution to child poverty with strong bipartisan support. Besides that, below are just some examples related to healthcare that have no burden on the taxpayer. The government can do good if you actually support people who want to do good, and not just complain that they are hopelessly bought. If you really want things to move forward, start by not voting for extremists that refuse to compromise on anything and are often performance artists or focus on identity issues like LGBT and WOKISM.

• Trump EO for DHHS & CMS to enhance healthcare price transparency by requiring hospitals to disclose negotiated rates.
    • Biden EO for DHHS & CMS to reduce surprise billing disputes (technically not in-network when it was in-network, that come back and bite people, are no longer allowed; facility fees, which are often a surprise and can be much more than the actual medical fee, must be made available to consumers).
    • IRA law enabled CMS to negotiate drug prices.

joshuaao, rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And since you’re somehow who has expressed concern about the growing debt how else should it be paid for? With deficit spending?

Nook likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@AroundTheWorld
    Tax for fat people
    If your BMI is over 25 , you pay more taxes cause you are causing the healthcare system money

7. adoo

adoo Member

The Houston Chronicle endorses Joe Biden,

We are well aware of Biden’s age, 81, (and Trump’s, 77), as well as memory lapses that have prompted near-panic among many of the president’s fellow Democrats. Those of us who remember the energetic, garrulous, occasionally even eloquent Joe Biden of years past can see the difference a few years have made, even if he was always prone to gaffes. Accounts other than the report of Special Counsel Robert Hur suggest, however, that Biden remains focused, engaged and in command on the vital issues that occupy a president. Experience counts.

We are reassured in large part because Biden has restored the tradition of a capable team running the White House, a tradition trampled by Trump’s deeply flawed scheme to run a one-man show. Like Ronald Reagan, Lyndon Johnson and Franklin Roosevelt, Biden’s deft management of his team has made him, arguably, the most productive president since LBJ in the early months of his administration.

He has, as they say, forgotten more than his presumed Republican rival will ever know.
    That's not saying much, and at the same time, it says it all.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  8. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

LMAO. This is on some Kremlin Red Square or Mao’s propaganda level.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why? Trump still doesn't seem to understand anything about government.

T_Man likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Surprised they’re endorsing this early but I’m pretty sure Biden will get most of the endorsements from the press.

11. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Because the majority of Americans( including lots of Democrats) will laugh at this endorsement. This propaganda from the Chronicle is about Biden though and not Trump. The Houston Chronicle had been pure hot garbage when I was living there and it still is today.

12. Nook

Nook Member

This.

You cannot in good faith have it both ways.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

They've been making endorsements my entire life. And until recently they weren't all D.

So, I am not sure how this is propaganda. But I can't expect someone who is too poor to pay $47 in gambling debts to be able to understand multisyllabic words.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Kind of how I feel to an extent.

We are going to end up with either a 78 year old or 82 year old next President.

Even those "in the wings" last election are not especially young....... Sanders is 83 years old.

None of these people have even a low level understanding of those they are largely going to govern - outside their base.

15. Nook

Nook Member

A thought experiment:

It's 2;59 am, President Trump is deep in a McDonald's coma with news that Chinese missiles are inbound to Taiwan, Manila, Tokyo, Seoul and Honolulu.

Do you have confidence that Trump would get up? Would he just throw his diet coke can at the television and ask what Putin is doing?

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes.

A thought experiment isn't that necessary here when you have some real-world data with President Biden. He has been awakened plenty of times in the last two years, given the war in Ukraine and the Hamas terrorist attack and the Gaza war. The Biden administration has done pretty well in both cases. But it's not just Biden, but the Biden administration.

I would not have the same confidence in President Trump. His team would be much weaker since he would surround himself with YES MEN, and he believes he's the smartest and greatest person in the room. He's more likely to make a Trump-centric decision and override the already weak, though more likely sensible, recommendation from his team and the DoD.

Again, this isn't the winning issue Republicans think it is.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have confidence Trump would know who the Chinese are.

but otherwise, I have no confidence in either of them.

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

A newspaper/media outlet endorsing a Democrat? imagine my surprise...

ROXRAN and basso like this.
  19. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Pro tips to the Dems. Replace Joe with Jim Biden. Jim is 74 years old and I could be wrong but I don’t think he has dementia. Do a really good job with makeup, he almost looks like Joe now(they’re brothers), just a little touch up here and there. Teach him how to go from whispering to yelling in under 3 seconds. Teach him all the gaffes, the blank stares and the memory farts. Teach him to repeatedly taking a tumble. And finally teach him how to sniff little girls’ hair. Y’all can do this, Jim already got the Biden’s DNA so he can take on those traits like fish to water. You guys can do this, Dem voters are very easy to fool, vote blue no matter who.

ROXRAN likes this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member