1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I would be SHOCKED if we got a pick that high in exchange for Jalen. Damn I hope you’re right on that.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not think it is impossible to fix .....you just have to revamp the whole Front Office...

The perception will change once you win playoff games and Udoka was a good step in the right direction......

I am thinking the next coach after Udoka might be the one who can re-make the Offense as well without sacrificing much of the Defense.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

"5 minutes after the buzzard sounds."

Dude. The buzzard?!

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Biggest Bust? Lol uh thabeet, oden, shawn bradley? over reaction a bit? Lol

5. OpportunityCost

How long before we have a Rockets team that's fun to watch? I think it's possible this year but Ime's offensive scheme is simpleton trash. Seeing everyone go one-on-one ALL of the time is boring! Couldn't stand Harden doing that. We need more fluidity, and sophistication added to our offensive schemes. I want to see cuts to the basket for easy buckets, off-the-ball screens to make the defense work harder mixed in with ISO and us truly playing as a team (like Amen does) not like ball-hogging Holiday going 1 on 5 but something that's inspirational. Otherwise why would I waste valuable moments of my life watching this mess?

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Be as it may, the messenger does come across as a royal douche.

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

It may be a weak draft for superstar. There's always good quality players in the draft. It depends what you are looking for. If we are going to build around Sengun, then we know what we are looking for.

Y2JT likes this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Personally, if people are saying it's a weak class and the Rockets end up with a high pick, that's fine by me.

All we heard was how amazing some recent draft class was, real great talent. And the Rockets got stuck with Jalen Green.

I'd love for the opposite.

Corrosion, GotGame15 and Y2JT like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah but we chose Jalen. And put him in a backcourt with KPJ for his first two yrs. Absolutely incompetent.

slothy420 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

There isn't one single player in this draft class who I would point to and say "I feel confident that if this guy hits his ceiling he'll be a superstar". It's that bad in terms of top-end talent.

If you're okay with getting a great roleplayer who might become a #2 option if you're lucky, sure, there are a number of players like that.

(Note: I'm not ruling out a superstar coming from this draft, I just don't think anybody can predict who that might be with any confidence other than "false".)

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Vultures be everywhere, man

Hank McDowell likes this.
  12. Rochut

Rochut Member

At this point, a realistic upper-end outcome for Jalen's career is Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford

13. cml750

cml750 Member

Did you even read what I typed? What part of of the quote below from my post is so hard to understand? I do not seem to remember the Rockets drafting thabeet, oden, or shawn bradley.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

If he were worth a lottery pick he likely would have been traded at the deadline. Teams actually value lottery picks. There will be 3 years worth of tape on Jalen when the season ends. He would have to go on one hell of a run to end this season to get his value anywhere close to lottery value. That will be even harder for him to do from the bench where he will be heading shortly, likely right after the all-star break, .

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Either way because when he is starting and the team is looking lost in the 1st Quarter, he is getting benched.

Does not matter if he starts or not..... no more of his stats stuffing.

cml750 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Buzz City be everywhere.

Roomba likes this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

It is beyond ridiculous how we start every game trying to force feed him to see if he is "on" given he is usually "off" 90+% of the time. I for one and ready to move on from that strategy.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

One of them Jordans... Clarkson, Poole... probably not Michael...

#418 OremLK, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    Rochut likes this.
  19. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's amazing what you can learn just by being observant.

I've been around long enough to know to always inspect "info" coming from certain sources and he's toward the top of the list.
    There's a reason his blocked list is a mile long.

#419 34to11, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    OremLK likes this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Member

He has a LONG way to go to get anywhere close to their level. They could actually shoot.

Rochut, AroundTheWorld and GotGame15 like this.