1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabrari Smith Truly Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

Really? He did?

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Inanimal may be the greatest troll that has ever graced this prestigious forum. Most trolls are content to just create kaos within a thread, but inanimal actually creates threads at an incredibly frequent pace just for troll purposes. Hail to the king a**hole.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Terrible post. Very bad. Will not read again.

HD729 likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

both can be true

theDude likes this.
  5. Strawberry Gum

I hate Jabroni Smith Jr. We should bench him!!!

6. SuraGotMadHops

There are times where Jabari's midrange looks like a work of art. Offensively I think he is being played out of position. His offensive usage needs to be modeled more after a prime Lamarcus Aldridge.

fattz likes this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sometimes I think this board would rather be on one mediocrity treadmill than to be patient with a longer term plan.

We’re going to be drowning in bump material next season when this team has the benefit of one single season of serious coaching behind it.

Jabari is a perfect fit here. Off ball scorer with excellent defense. Good rebounding and shot blocking for a jumper-based PF. So glad to have this guy on the roster.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Houston fans have been spoiled being mostly competitive since what - the 80s? Aside from the post Hakeem/pre Yao era, and the post Tmac/Yao/pre Harden eras we have mostly been legit title contenders and generally we haven't built contenders organically over time. We drafted two generational players at the top of the draft in Hakeem and Yao and nearly every other star AND role player was acquired(Tmac/Harden/CP3/Westbrook/Dwight, Clyde, etc).

In other words, this fanbase doesn't know how to grow talent...and that's why you get truly awful posts like the **** post @Imanimal just opened....

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

There are times when Jabari pisses me off for his lack of movement and ability to create offensively but I look at his fire and know, with time, these aspects of his game will develop. He needs to add a lot of muscle, which takes years to do, and he needs the coach to mandate the movement. If you aren't doing as you're told Udoka is gonna yank you out. If he's in there Udoka must have a good reason.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That’s a good point but how do we explain people who are mad that the purely off ball scorer we drafted can’t create shots for himself? Where does that kind a wacko thought come from?

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude is 0.7 on shotblocking... Van Vleet is listed with more blocks than the 7 footer.

12. HookemHorns1250

It’s almost as if Jabari is only 20 years old. My word I’m glad the OP isn’t our gm.

Let’s say Jabari turns out to be a very solid role player. Is that the worst thing in the world? Not everyone can be a super star, but to have a 6”10 versatile player, who imo will turn into a great shooter, who also plays good defense? Oh and is only 20 years old. Who on earth would want a player like that? /sarcasm.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Jabari is a Small Forward not a Power Forward. He will not a STAR play but a nice role player…that’s it….no contract

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not breaking up Jabari and Alperen for anything. I am adding Amen Thompson to them.

Everything else is up for grabs. Those are my 3 underlined choices going forward. Beyond curious to see them experiment with Cam and Tari at the 2/3...

16. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

And here I was thinking he was gonna be the sniper 3/d we needed… lol

looking like fudged up on these recent top picks.

We still don’t have THAT guy..

17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Good response Daywalker! I was going to respond to the Horry comparison but I couldn’t as I thought it was just ludicrous. Horry was the polar opposite of Smith. If you had a loved one’s life dependant on the last game winning shot or free throw or loose ball or pass, etc. would you want Horry or Jabrari to have the ball? If you picked Jabrari then I am sorry for your loss.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Exactly….I will give one positive comparison after I debunked the Horry one. In a best case scenario, Jabrari could be a poorer version of Scottie Pippen someday in the future. The one and only thing that I really like from Jabrari is that he is a skinny long defender who busts his butt on that side of the court. There is true hope defensively and we could live with him being a so-called Robin to a Batman on the team (which we will hopefully get in the offseason).

tochiee22 likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

We know, everybody sucks on the team except Sengun. Go play now

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Jabari has the guts to take the last shot but I am more worried he is not making enough in the entire series.