1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's also an early start with no shadow problems. I believe later starts accounts for preference of closed roof games in April, particularly on weekends.

2. Buck Turgidson

No wonder they can't hit at home...oxy everywhere

3. kaw1988

kaw1988 Member

If you only knew. Plants held together by duct tape. Get rid of that abomination i say lol

4. Buck Turgidson

"accidental" is the joke....oh, I know

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

I have been saying I did not believe in windows for years. Finally someone agrees with me,

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Update your thinking. The “reason” turns out to be untrue. She lied her face off. And people bought it, like fools, without evidence. Bauer was charged with no crime. And significant exculpatory evidence has come out in the last year. I get the need to look like a virtuous hero — but this isn’t the case. Bauer is an innocent man. And has already paid a steep price when he shouldn’t have. Sign the man.

8. Yordan The Great

Concern level for JV and this shoulder ailment?

9. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Oh. You bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Bauer is taking advantage of ignorance and the other parties' silence.

Just because a DA chooses not to prosecute does not mean he is innocent, and if he IS innocent of those actions, he still has skeletons in his closet.

They say nothing good happens if you are out at 2 AM. Well, none of those charges ever have any validity or staying power if Bauer's life choices don't make those things a possibility.

And even discounting all that - He was an ass 5 years ago in Cleveland and nothing I read says he has changed.

10. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Consensuality ends the moment you choke someone unconscious and beat the crap out if their face and genitals.

ScrewstonStros, IBTL, GOATuve and 4 others like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

0% chance he's ever an Astro, whatever, whatever, find a new dead horse to beat off

12. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Traitor George is you trolling you all. He's trying to turn a sports forum into a political forum. Ignore him.

IBTL, cbass, BMoney and 1 other person like this.
  13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I feel like that could be consented to before hand and might have been in this case, but I don’t know for sure obviously. I can see why the DA didn’t press charges, I would imagine it would be an almost impossible conviction.
    None of this is to say I don’t think he’s a total **** bag and maybe even a sexual abuser with lots of women in his wake- just might not have been this one.
    I hated that osuna ever wore an astros uniform and I’m fairly confident Bauer won’t and I won’t lose any sleep over that.

14. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

15. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

IBTL, ROCKSS and cmlmel77 like this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who the hell is this Anthony Recker guy and why is his voice so gawdam annoying?

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's called sustainable success. It is the opposite of going all in by mortgaging the future which MANY believe to be the only way to win a Championship. We are now seeing this being pushed with the Texans.

18. raining threes

What is going all in IYO?

The Texans adding a couple of cornerstone players in FA to try to win a championship while Stroud's on his rookie contract isn't mortgaging the future.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If you will limit yourself to a couple of cornerstone players, I agree. But few realize they aren't starting with last year's team when we have 30 FAs and 7 or 8 who are at least important, if not cornerstone players.

I'm not saying this is you, but some have the idea we are ADDING to last years team rather than building this year's team with the cap space. We cannot pay the new price of last years team, even with that cap space. We had too many players who showed on show me contracts. And this doesn't even count the normal progression of Rookie salaries over the term of their rookie contracts.

Do we replace Schultz with a draft pick or pay him? Is there a FA TE who might perform on a show me contract in 2024? Do we eat some dead cap to free up some room on a player who was having a descent, if not spectacular year?

It's far more nuanced than you get with a quick glance at the list of the teams cap space projections.

But it seems to go right by the pod-casters and radio personalities.

#4699 Marshall Bryant, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    raining threes likes this.
  20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Oxy! Where ADVERTISING has a higher priority than SAFETY.

Not that we're any different than most corporations.