1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jabrari Smith Truly Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

ok then

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is like planting a tree and asking every day why it's not growing. It's because you don't know how to look at it. We've dumped so much stats on OP about how stupid this theory is, but he will just stop replying when he's out of answers.

Consider OP is the guy who couldn't understand why Kenneth Faried didn't make it in the league. I never forget that. You can understand OP's barometer is very shallow - so if he couldn't see how 0 defense and negative impact got Faried out of the league, he will never understand Jabari's value. He simply doesn't value those things that make Jabari so valuable.

3. Buck Turgidson

Kenneth Faried?

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bari frustrated me, and im still sour that orlando played us but ive still got some hope for jabari to AT LEAST be a super role player. Hes flashed a ton this season and i think another off season to get stronger will do him wonders.

I think ime will give him specific things to work on in the off season which will help him maximize the things we need him to be good at.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Faried did whatever Bari did not do, and vice versa Bari did what Faried was not doing.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Jabari is no different than everybody else in the offense not named Fred Amen or Jeff. Jsut low iq basketball on offenses they don’t take the best shot available. Nobody on the floor understands spacing, or quality shot selection. And k blame some for that also because he’s not coaching that up. Memphis showed better spatial awareness. And offensive concepts with that makeshift team with our squad who has continuity. That’s coaching. That’s not all on the players

Crashlanded19, HD729 and fryjol7 like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If he can become as good as Michael Porter Jr. for us, that would be great.

fattz, rfrocket and cml750 like this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oooh… I love puzzles!

topfive likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. That comparison is usually reserved for players who have no heart.

34to11 likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

His fundamentals are sound. He just needs strength and reps. He was *way* less NBA ready than I thought coming out but I could care less about his production. I just want growth with him and we've gotten that. Wait until he puts on weight and can back guys down on the post. 37/48 are his splits. He's fine because his fundamentals are fine.

Can't say that for everyone on the roster however.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

he can't pass. he can't rebound. he can't create his own shot.

his shooting is so random and inconsistent. statistically it's better but the misses look so bad. his lack of lateral speed really concern me. I like Jabari as a 4/5th option but if you're thinking about giving this guy serious max-lite money then we're in trouble.

luckily we have some time before making that decision. I just hope Jabari can improve his shooting to be a knock-down threat which was what he was known for in college. Like everytime Kennard shot it you expected it to go in. That's what I want from Jabari.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Member

I was VERY down on him all last season and pleasantly surprised with his performance to start this season. I became a Jabari fan with his first half of the season performance. He is going through a bad stretch now after returning from his last injury. He is is VERY young so some inconsistency can be expected. He has already displayed he can be good over a long stretch of games unlike other high draft picks from recent drafts. I am confident he will pull out of his funk. He will never be a superstar but he can be a superior 3 & D player and 3rd - 4th option on a contender.

Lovemachine2000 and Y2JT like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I came to realize that high consistency is not found in every talented player.

High consistency is a talent itself.

Have learned to not automatically trust every high lotto pick to have high consistency.

Players have to prove themselves over and over again without the fans making assumptions.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

The guy is 20. He was consistent for the first half of this season. I am sure he will bounce back. He is far from a lost cause. Jalen Green is the one who is a true lost cause.

Y2JT likes this.
  17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's having a rough stretch here lately. He really needs to work on his hand strength, he just can't hold onto the ball for his life in traffic.

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

What sucks is this board after loses.

topfive, 34to11, HD729 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I think he is fine, but definitely not Rockets Robert Horry

20. Buck Turgidson

I meant a 4 who can hit a few 3's, grab a few boards, block a few shots...that kind of Horry