1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you see something, do you say something?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dankstronaut, Feb 11, 2024.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What do you consider flagrant and how old was the kid? A hard smack on the ass, more than 5 smacks on the ass, closed fist punches? Having had my ass whooped by parents, Id like to know.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Being both someone who was whooped growing up and someone who has given a few spankings, it was flagrant. Too hard, too many on someone too young.

3. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Ok… we were at the Mardi Gras parade. I guess the guy was trying to throw beads into the tubas, something that’s kinda not cool anyway. But the reality was he was absolutely smoking kids who were just trying to perform. He hit one in the face and you could just tell it stung and the kid was trying to play it off. He wasn’t up front he was at the back of the crowd, he wasn’t making eye contact, he didn’t get a single one in the tuba. He was just balling up the beads and ripping fastballs at them. So I said cut it out that’s not cool. Him and his buddies got extremely sensitive about being called out and acted like they wanted to fight about it. I’m either not scared or a little stupid and started chirping back and my dad pulled me aside and told me not to start trouble.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

[WANT TO BUY] 2 Houston Astro tees size XL. I am located in West Houston. Will pay $.60 each. Condition needs to be great.

5. donkeypunch

Why didnt you just post this in the OP? You made it seem so mysterious. Youre just dealing with drunk ****tards

1. **** that guy
    2. You definitely call that **** out but have to be tactful in how you do it as to not put yourself in danger (i.e., get other people to notice that asshat and let them form a mob to lynch that mofo.)
    3. If there were a cop anywhere nearby, just tell them "hey theres some drunk assholes over there, nailing kids with beads"

Dankstronaut and Xerobull like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well done. I would have done the same as you.

Blatz and Dankstronaut like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don’t blame you but that’s an iffy proposition. Worst case scenario you end up dead. Middle case you get into a fight and go to jail -with- the assholes.

Not sure which Mardi Gras (NO or Galveston or one of the smaller ones) but the cops are pretty zero tolerance of assholes down there…because some of them are dangerous and go just to get into trouble. Friend of mine got shot several years ago (survived with a limp) and I worked some doors there for a few years and saw some nasty, serious fights. Safest bet in that situation is to find a cop.

ima_drummer2k and Rocket River like this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I guess if they had looked like rough and tumble bikers I probably would’ve thought to get a cop.

I think you’re probably coming from the same place my dad did. Just be safe and be quiet. Idk I’ve been the marching band performer getting fkd with by clowns, and there was definitely an element of white men hurting black kids that didn’t sit right. I just couldn’t abide by that. Maybe it wasn’t the safest thing to do but it darn sure felt like the right thing to do.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gun to your head and you fap?

Jontro likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

if necessary, yes. but i've fapped to less

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Yes, I usually bust out phone and yell world star.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Ah, but is safety really the priority (there can only be one)? Or is it a goal, like coming in under budget? Maybe it's a value? An ethos? I tend to think of it as an ethos, part of your culture that must be nourished all the time and passed on between generations.

As for me, whether to say (or do) something is, of course, situational. If I see a kid steal a Reese's from a 7-11, I'm probably not going to say anything. If I see a drunk driver, I'm calling it in and trying to warn others--I followed a guy once and when he finally stopped, I ran up to the window, reached in and turned his truck off and took the keys. He was so drunk he only realized I was there after I had the keys. The cops showed about two minutes later.

However, if I'm on a fire, I'm always an ******* about safety and the most effective killer: complacency.

Dankstronaut and rocketsjudoka like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don’t blame you at all. You did something. Thats not wrong. But in that situation, find a cop.

If not, try persuasion. Pretty rare when you actually have to put your hands on someone. If you absolutely have to, go for the leader.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Safety is supposed to be a priority but it’s often more of an ethos. There is a strong temptation to cut corners in construction, some cases literally, safety is supposed to be legally mandated but often many construction sites don’t bother out of both desire to save money and for convenience. Biggest example is wearing protective gear. Many smaller construction sites don’t bother with requiring things like head and eye protection.

rimrocker likes this.
  16. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I usually join in. Always up for a good caper.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Here's the thing. This is America.
    It is not outside the realm of possibility that your interjection could have led to a gunfight.
    I'm not kidding. You have to properly assess every situation differently

and yes. . . that is where we are as a society.

and then there is this.
    YOUR Assessment may not be HIS/HER Assessment

Rocket River

18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Well… then there really isn’t a point to being a decent human. We should all just point guns at each other over the slightest disagreements.
    lol let’s say if he did that in front of a cop he’d have been cuffed immediately and if a jury saw it they’d bury him. It was way over any rational line. What did a 3 year old do? He was blistering the kid.

Here’s another example… you see a fight developing, what’s your plan? You can’t walk away, let’s say you’re at the Texans games and you’re pretty well stuck in between people ready to throw down. Then what? What if it’s a couple?

We have people going out the way to be foolish, I’m not going to live my life afraid of fools. I’m going to tell people to stop being so damn foolish. Maybe if it were more of an expectation that we as a society expect a certain level of behavior from each other things wouldn’t be so silly.

If that’s idealist then we’re actually screwed.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Not even the insurance company? Still gonna have to file that saw nothing, heard nothing report...lol.

20. donkeypunch

Aint got not stitches on me homeboi....