1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Coach Ime losing the locker room?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Dec 28, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

According to my sources Tallmain Ferntits has inquired as to MAMBO FATALES availability re finishing out the season

DEVELOPING

2. conquistador#11

I don't think so but this is new to him. He wasn't in Boston when Tatum was starting his 3rd year following a 15 ppg sophomore season.
    It's going to test his growth also, if you know what I mean.

[​IMG]

#82 conquistador#11, Feb 10, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
    Jontro likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Member @Verbal Christ liked this post... Is Coach Ime losing the fan base faster than the locker room?

4. SamFisher

Coach Mambo Fatale plane tracker account is up on X-Twitter (which is like weibo)

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ve certainly seen Ime make what I thought were mistakes in terms of player rotations. He’s certainly no Adleman offensively. But I’ve seen him make some good in-game adjustments, he demands accountability, and he’s one of the best defensive coaches in the league. Ime has done a great job with the players he has.

The problem is that our roster isn’t very good. Jalen has played poorly most of the year. They failed to get any defensive big support, which was a critical need. No shooting in the backcourt behind Fred…who we’ve had to play among the most minutes in the league, even though he’s coming off an injured season. Yea Tari has been hurt, but we’re still relying on our 19 yr old rookie for shooting. It’s really hard to win with Aaron Holiday and Jeff Green playing major roles on your roster. This is the 4th season of gaping holes on the roster that directly contribute to losing. There is a really good chance we finish below Brooklyn.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

KingCheetah, jim1961 and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Jalen Green didn’t criticize Udoka. I think he was honest but didn’t have a simple answer to give her.

BMoney and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. KingCheetah

I read this today from poster @Mathloom ... Is it time for Coach Ime to huddle up with the front office and work out a damage control plan?

9. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Changing a losing culture takes a lot of hard work and a consistent message. We have a very young team and most of them have been in a losing culture since they came on the team. It will take some years to get them out of that mentality. Ime wont let up on them until they show consistent effort on both ends of the floor. He will hold them accountable EVERY GAME. That is what it takes to change the culture around here. Those that dont get it will be replaced by those who can. These are grown a** men trying to be professionals and trying to be a good team. Im sure he gives them their praise when they deserve it. I am ok with his approach.

Nook likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, but he might have to jettison some players that are too soft to ever win.

DD

Nook likes this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't think he was trying to criticize anyone in particular. I do think it was just a poor excuse for why he sucked that game.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes - or players that don’t buy into his system or are a poor fit. Several players we view as long term cogs will likely be gone in 18 months.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think at most at MOST we keep 4 of the 6, and I think it more likely to only be 3.

DD

Ankara1923 and Nook like this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Keeping 4 is essential and also to get picks for the remaining two.

15. KingCheetah

Bombshell post today from member @oogie boogie -- are Coach Ime and Stone officially on the hot seat?

16. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Ime shouldn't be on the hot seat but Stone definitely should. He allowed the players to get away with everything and now Ime has to rebuild it. I would be perfectly fine with Stone being let go at the end of the season (I know that isn't happening)

cheke64 likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You really think Ime is that patient? I give it 6-12 months and a minimum of 2 from the core 6 will be gone.

I think Stone would be afraid of Ime making a play for his job or making him look bad. Don’t think he’ll rebuff Udoka again.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Cant view that profile.
    Can you link the post?

19. SamFisher

I'm thinking there's a need for a 4-way sit-down between:

Jalen & his camp,
    Ime,
    Rafa Stone & Eli Broadass,
    and of course, @RooshWilliams

... in order to get aligned on paths forward vs exit ramps.

Right now, the lack of alignment is obvious, and quite frankly, horrifying.

KingCheetah and harold bingo like this.
  20. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

I feel like Jalen doesnt like how he is used by Ime. So if anything he probably lost some trust from Jalen but I still have hope they will both learn from each other considering Jalen still is young asf