1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl LVIII

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 29, 2024.

?

Who Wins Super Bowl LVIII?

1. Chiefs

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  2. 49ers

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Okay, I'll believe you and your parallel Earth that can run these precise simulations. LOL.

Niners had so many chances, and so many dumb dumb penalties. But yeah, maybe if they had a Mahomes clone (?) they would still be playing in OT.

ROCKSS and Rocket River like this.
  2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Is this the first playoff game under the new rules? I'm pretty sure many of us idiots watching thought that it was TD wins the game, and also thought that it's only 1 quarter long so the Chiefs had to take a timeout.

But yes, you are correct, especially since a defensive score wins it.

3. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

It's Brady all over again where teams inexplicably stop doing what their good at when playing him.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I want to see the fake Andy Reid get interviewed as well.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It is the first playoff OT game under the new rules after the KC-Bills OT debacle a few years ago. The each team getting a possession was mentioned. They never explained what happens when the clock hits 0, other than implying "it's a new game".

B-Bob likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is nothing better than buying 10 squares at $10 each and winning the 2nd, 3rd and final score.......3 wins of 4......SWEET !!!

DD

ROCKSS and Rocket River like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Greenlaw doesn't injure his achilles running onto the field?
    I said that would be a big factor, and I think it was. Kelce had zip until Greenlaw was gone. Eh, **** it.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why isn't Taylor on this stage

9. StroudAndYorDaddy

the greenlaw injury changed the game for the chiefs. He had kelce in jail when he was out there. The backup #48 got cooked by kelce and that was the game

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  10. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

More so talking about offense, holding KC to 19 points in regulation should win you the game.

Rocket River, solid and JayGoogle like this.
  11. StroudAndYorDaddy

Crazy thing is the chiefs won the superbowl with one of the weakest pass catching units I have ever seen. Their defense is great, they need to load up in the draft on wr’s/te cause I think the upcoming draft is loaded at those positions

ROCKSS, Rocket River and B-Bob like this.
  12. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Greenlaw Achilles. Then Luter Achilles. Outcome would have been different if Luter blew out his Achilles instead of Greenlaw.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

God chose Mahomes
    :)

ROCKSS, B-Bob and IBTL like this.
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

A trick play touchdown from the 49ers, the second OT in Super Bowl history, and a comeback-winning drive for the underdog Chiefs.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Romo mentioned it the last couple of plays. Maybe a producer told him. OT can be 4 quarters under the new rules.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

You have a point, but not having a "spy" assigned to Mahomes was not a good strategy. His running won the game. Purdy is not in Mahomes' league, but who is? Maybe CJ, we will see.

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think their defenses battled it out and when that happen it was going to come down to QB and offensive skill players. KC players made big plays when they needed to and the 9ers obviously just didn't.

Purdy played well but yes, he would have had to play great, sometimes thats what it takes to win these things especially when the opponent is Mahomes. There weren't many plays out there from Purdy when it looked like he made nothing out of something but once again Mahomes does this thing where it looks like he's dead in the water and somehow getting a big play...or his offense being dead to rights on a drive and somehow converting...

I'm saying Purdy played well but he had to be great, especially against that defense tonight.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prevent defense claims another victim. I'll never understand why teams playing to win a game decide to gift a quarterback, especially one like Mahomes, 6-7 yards on every play. Who on the Chiefs did the 49ers think was going to beat them up top? Insane to let Mahomes build momentum and march it down the field so easily.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah I don't know who is.

I thought Lamar was but he completely crapped the bed again in a big game.

Josh Fields is too wild.

Burrow is hurt but might be in his league.

CJ definitely has that same thing where again he looks the play is dead and suddenly it turns out to be a 30 yard gain.

solid and ROCKSS like this.
  20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I was thinking about that, but the main mistake was that fumble by the special teams. They just gift rapped a touchdown for the Chiefs.

solid, ROCKSS, foh and 4 others like this.