1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Raptors loss: "It's Game 51. We have to see some growth"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 9, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Right as of now

2 Stars =Mid level Playoffs
    2 Superstars and Elite role players = Contender
    2 Superstars, 1 AS or borderline, elite role players and great coaching = Favorite

ramotadab likes this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Wake me up when we have a legit superstar. We have one star player but we ain't going anywhere if he's our best player.

Nook, ArtV and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

a $20 mil Poeltl contract is moveable for picks because he’s an elite defensive big. Would rather have Poeltl than Green and Landale.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On 13 teams he would be the Starting Center, too bad there is Sengün....

Put value where value is though.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He played for Pop, great Austrian Hammer, all you need to know....not as strong as Valanciunas but still very good.

Defensive Marcin Gortat.

6. Gergin

Gergin Member

Afaik Raptors fan are super frustrated with Pöltl but I think he is severely underrated and as an Austrian I would welcome him. Just give me the sign and I will create the "Pöltl is the Rockets' franchise player" thread.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Maybe Ime should start looking in the mirror. I expect from growth from a coach by game 51 too. We’re seeing serious cracks in our identity and Ime’s rotations, inability to get our guys in the best spots on offense and diversifying our offense are playing their part. This whole old school benching guys at all cost to teach them a lesson is getting what it is, old.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great, I am around Vienna myself.

Gergin likes this.
  9. anchel

anchel Member

Also some offensive sets.

For Alperen (post, handoff), for Jabari's shot...

10. anchel

anchel Member

He's not selfish, in fact he should be even more aggressive with Fred out. He's just soft, unreliable, and overall not good enough with the ball.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

You would expect this team to play better this far into the season. Learn how to overcome situations where you are overmatched in certain positions. But no, you still do stupid mistakes, turnovers, plays...Its time for Ime to stop talking and start punishing players. Green and Sengun were examples last night. I dont expect much more from Green, he hasnt shown that he really can take over, but Sengun should be someone who can turn around the game just by himself

12. j@amc

j@amc Member

These guys were winning with effort on D, competing on the glass, and grinding for shots (Sengun in the low post, PnR pocket passes, etc.) But on offense, we're limited. There are no easy baskets except the boards, and they require effort.

Without FVV to initiate, this group struggles to get into offensive sets. Amen, Brooks, Green, and Jabari practically trip over each other. And zero player movement off the ball.

Sengun has no legs for an FT line jumper, so he resorts to barreling into bigger guys over and over again.

Jalen Green is super predictable and one of the easiest players to guard in the NBA. So turnover prone.

It's game 51. We're banged up. Looks like a few guys have hit the wall. Will we get to 35 wins?

Nook likes this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets didn't have FVV & Tari

The Raptors didn't FVV, Pascal Siakam, OG Anunoby, and are actively trying to lose

No Worries likes this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Teams that heavily rely on guys who are 19-22 years old don't win. That's really all there is to it.

Gergin likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He should put up big numbers tonight, since ATL is the 2nd worst defense in the league. They allow 122 PTS per game. But...that won't make me think he's all of a sudden turned his game around. He is way too inconsistent, and for every couple good shooting games there are twice as many bad games.

clos4life likes this.
  16. Jorge M Gutierrez

Remember this as championship window approaches

17. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

How do you view Denver & OKC in this list? I think they each have 1 superstar and 1 fringe AS each + elite role players

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

Also, Where do the Lakers slot on this list?

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Denver is sort of an anomaly....normally between contender and favorite.......and they have High Altitude HC advantage.

Their brainiac superstar is also Top 2 player in the league with zero athleticism......very unique.

I would say their remaining starters are better than most role players in the league.

I have the utmost respect for Mike Malone.

kspires999 likes this.