1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What would you like him to shoot?

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Better than he did last year.

I just want to see a pattern of improvement, is really all--that's my only "goalpost"

Landry's Tooth likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The season is not over.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

True. I'm hoping he'll finish strong. He's definitely shown improvement over the past 6 or 7 games

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

It's because I'm watching him play hero ball and take the most shots.

20 points? Oh my gosh, put him in the hall of fame right now next to Jerry Stackhouse who also did it at 22.

He is what he is, incredibly inconsistent with little improvement since coming into the league.

He does still have a high ceiling but it's not very likely he's going to see it.

6. Landry's Tooth

In all fairness, his efg% stayed the exact same. Sure he's not improving, but he's not getting worse...

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

To your point though he has improved his 2ptfg%, ft%, & rebounds with less minutes and shots. Drating is best of his career so far (Yes I know its because of Sengun) and he turns the ball over less than he did last year.

BigMaloe and OremLK like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If its so easy to do it why doesnt it happen more often? Zion, Luka, who else has been a top 5ish pick to score 20 per in their 2nd season without going back to the booty short era?

9. Landry's Tooth

My apologies, stackhouse did it roughly the age Green is now, not last year.

I was thinking you were claiming he was doing 20 this year.

I still go back to anyone can score 20 when they can take as many shots as they want on a bad team.

Keldon Johnson scored 22 per game last year on 17.7 shots.

Cade Cunningham is at 22.4 points this year on 18.7 shots.

Anfernee Simmons had 21 per game last year on 16.9 shots.

So on and so on...

Jalen has trade value but it isn't like he's Anthony Edwards... he's a guy teams take a flier on and hope a change of scenery and coaching does it.

See Stackhouse going from Philly to Detroit.

10. Landry's Tooth

Were they on tanking teams given as many shots as they want?

17.9 FGA per game at age 20.

How many get that opportunity?

At age 20, Kobe was taking 15.9 per game.

I notice in a game with many elements the only thing you bring up with Jalen is total points scored and he's not efficient at it.

Let that be a sign.

Can we move on now from the fanboy dreams. If he gets moved he gets moved. If he doesn't, then he doesn't.

It's clear he's available for less than a superstar according to multiple reports.

Anfernee Simmons is probably a fair comp for him. They are both poor defenders though Simmons can shoot. That might be Jalen's ceiling...

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fair enough. We'll see how it all pans out. The story of Jalen Green is not over yet.

12. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Damn can you guys take it to 1 of the 50 Jalen Green threads and quit cluttering up the TRADE IDEAS THREAD. ****ing 5 year olds

13. Landry's Tooth

Jalen Green
    2pt fg%
    2021-22: 42.6%
    2022-23: 41.6%
    2023-24: 41.6%

Jalen Green
    3pt fg%
    2021-22: 34.3%
    2022-23: 33.8%
    2023-24: 32.0%

Rebounds are up slightly and turnovers down slightly. Probably more to do with having FVV control the ball. It's 2.5 from 2.8 per 36. It's still higher than 2.3 per 36 his rookie year.

No one cares about a 1.2% improvement in free throw shooting over 2 years. It's embarrassing to bring up.

He should take 12 shot per game while working on his 3pt shooting, court vision, and continued improvement in rebounds.

14. Landry's Tooth

My apologies, I'm ready to move on.

Don't care if they keep or move him but am fine moving him for a player under 30 who plays both sides... I'll leave that to Ime and Stone's judgment.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did he ever win a championship......all the teams he has been on....

16. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Damn we really did nothing smh

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are looking at overall FG% when citing 41.6 x2 ... the accurate numbers are .471 for last year and .488 this season in respect to 2ptfg%. Point being is guys like you want to portray the kid as devolving, but its not the case. He has shown improvement in certain areas whether you want to give him credit for it or not.

18. Landry's Tooth

That may be ok. Keep long term assets. Try to improve through balancing more minutes for Tari and Cam, fewer for Jalen and Brooks.

You don't want to panic and do Cassell and Horry for Barkley and shrink the window.

19. Landry's Tooth

You are correct, I was looking at the wrong column. My apologies.

Bottom line his decrease in 3s offset his increase in 2s. There's no " improvement".

20. Landry's Tooth

The bill of goods we were sold going into the draft:

"He also scored with good efficiency, hitting over 46% of his field goals and 36% of his three-point attempts…Despite his young age, Green plays with great maturity, and shows solid understanding of when to hunt his own shot versus look to pass … "