1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You have marked in red:

20 points on 16 shots
    16 on 12
    20 on 16
    19 on 14

These are games where he's forced his way to the line because his shot is not falling. These may be bad shooting nights by FG%, but they are not bad scoring nights. That makes it 11 green out of 20. That's actually an improvement for him. We just have to get him closer to the 15-16 out of 20 range.

Thanks for the data. His last 10 are definitely better than this and his last 7 even better. Your focus seems to be his FG% and that has actually been improving a lot over the last 20 games, he seems to be finishing with greater decisiveness these days.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree that's been mostly the case for the last decade or so. I do think it is starting to trend back the other way and I could see the old showtime type of team start to be the next copy cat schema. It is definitely a much better product to watch and the NBA is about entertainment. I also don't think the "playoff" rules are officiated the same way across all the participants. In any case, you still have to play good defense. You can play fast and still play good defensive like the showtime lakers and the warriors.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh oh. Try this for Sengun. What do you get?

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Once upon a time, I was explaining something similar to OKC fans about Westbrook.

jim1961 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Ouch is this true?

Alpi and Jalen not getting max extensions confirmed. Maybe we can trade the two for Claxton and Bridges though we would have to throw a gauntlet of first round picks.

34to11, BigMaloe and DaDakota like this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Is it me or does it seem that the more jalen scores the worse record we have, just like last year. I know Im gonna get hate for it. Detroit has the same thing going on with Cade when he plays and scores bunches they tend to lose when he sits out they look like a real team. Both SIlas coached in some way, is that a coincidence?

jim1961 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  9. fchowd0311

What's his +/- during this last 6 game stretch to see if whether the team is winning or losing when he's on the court as that should confirm or reject your claim quote thoroughly?

Also we have entire season stars for what his averages and usage rate is in wins vs losses.

You don't have to be speculative. You can hunt for confirmation of your hunch if it's accurate.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

not a winning basketball player. People fixate on last night’s 30 points, and certainly he had a good game, but watching the game he was a huge ball stopper for us. The ball doesn’t move when Jalen handles the ball. He’s definitely capable of creating his own shot but he’s still not playing team basketball. The defensive lapses continue to be significant as well.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IDK. This sounds like another one of those arbitrary cutoff numbers. Why 15 shots and not 10 or 18?

Also, it gives zero context on what kind of teams we were playing against with those games.

34to11, AroundTheWorld and Rustyrig like this.
  12. fchowd0311

Creating narratives in your head huh.

Curious. How did the team do yesterday with Green on the court vs off the court? I'm assuming it's worse than the team margin in defeat as you are blaming him.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This team has won 8 games where Jalen is the leading scorer and 7 when Sengun is the leading scorer.

14. fchowd0311

Don't worry narratives will shift and be compatable with what matches the new data point. Now the narrative is "of course thar makes sense because Green is usually bad so when he's hot and scores well that's a unexpected bonus from Green that usually means the team won".

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen does not play winning basketball - he needs to rub that ball and dribble and probe, and it costs the rest of the team - honestly, I hope he is traded.....Cam is better.

DD

cryout75 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. fchowd0311

^ at least I know that dude is trolling.

34to11 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just wait for Jalen's 10th season leap, that'll change everything

18. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

And how did the rest of our team perform on said night...if others are hitting, they aren't needed to shoot as much, and usually play less minutes. Very tunnel vision stat line, basic biased propaganda.

BamBam, 34to11, Easy and 2 others like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Motivated reasoning gets the best of objectivity. For a guy who "hasnt done anything" he sits 6th all time in 30 point games for a player under 21 years of age. Not too shabby for a bust! :rolleyes:

edit: Jalen is 8th all time my mistake.

#799 Verbal Christ, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    jcmoon and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are mostly home games when everyone cooks and is shooting above average level......

In tight games you still have to find a franchise cornerstone to get you the win or OT.

jim1961 likes this.