1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm curious what you mean by this. Do you consider any team running the 1-5 (or 2-5) pick and roll to be "targeting Sengun on defense"? Or some guard is on the perimeter and beats his defender off the dribble, and attacks the rim downhill, is that "targeting Sengun on defense"? I don't consider either of these to be targeting, but if you do, then I guess I get where you're coming from.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, you are always good for a good laugh KC.

3. Ancient Moabite

I feel its natural to let a player develop who came straight out of HS as a toothpick SG for his rookie deal and then go from there

That has nothing to do with being pro/anti, its called speaking from experience and not from fair weather fanatical emotions or trying to be right about projecting a second year players outcome

The Rockets would be silly to trade any of their rebuild picks for a small & right now move to make a playoff push when they are already in the play-in mix, and if they can get a 8/10 type win streak then they could go for that 8th, but more likely 9/10 seed

Which is great for the young core who has not had any meaningful games in their very young careers

Ime didn't sign on to coach the young guys for 40 games, it will at least be two years when the extensions are truly due

According to reports a star is prepared to request a trade every month

During slow trade deadlines any content is necessary so that's how I look at it

And the Rockets want a star caliber+ player back in the deal for Green

Which according to you anti group experts, Green sucks at the highest level so there is no way you are getting a D Mitch for a horrible player regardless of the weak attached assets

You don't got the answer Sway

4. Ancient Moabite

So a player drafted straight out of HS is responsible for the worst two yr stretch in Rockets history? Props to Green for that, poor 18/19 year, not all can be Lebron

The Rockets are trying to make the play-in with the same SG from that two year stretch and you want to mention box outs? What about the progress where he actually picked up his man full court last game?

What does a Twitter thread prove when I can watch the games and come to a simple conclusion?

You c*m catching anti groupies as yourself just didn't like the pick, even if he had this stretch up until next season

You would just harp about how its a miracle he become good, similar to some c*m catchers of the anti group were saying his rookie yr after ASB

A fresh start would be playing more consistent with 70%TS and less of the bad shooting/decision making

All players develop differently

And I don't get how you lump me into a ass slurping group when I speak on his flaws n all, and I already stated he will get until his rookie deal to prove it

#204 Ancient Moabite, Feb 4, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  5. cml750

cml750 Member

I understand what you are saying however the Rockets are currently at a crossroads when it comes to Jalen. They have a better player waiting in the wings who can actually shoot open shots. How long do you keep forcing someone into the lineup at the expense of a player who is better and actually provides exactly what the team is missing which is the ability to hit open 3 point shots? How long do you continue to wait for the guy who is objectively the worst rotation player on the team hoping he will improve and gain consistency? Heck, the younger guy is better at driving to the rim too. Unless Green keeps his hot streak going he will be benched if he is not traded. He may even be benched if he is still hot unless he can get hot behind the arc. If they keep Green he will be the 6th - 8th(or lower)man on the team with limited minutes.

Downtown Sniper and jcmoon like this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

If any player in league history had that vintage 48 TS% in a game that they were up 20-30 points I don't have think it would be wise for either side to mention the TS% in a blowout victory

Like what does that prove?

Its a classic fanatical paradigm on here

Post his TS% from his so called bad games to gloat, but never give even small props for the TS% for rarely any games let alone the past five to ten games

You probably vision all day of a Mobley for Green swap, dreams do come true.......sometimes

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is exactly what we want. make him the sixth man, first guard off the bench. We want him to run and gun when sengun is on the bench, and it will lower his next contract. And then, by his next contract, he will be a better shooter and bigger and stronger.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

“Jalen hasn’t shown anything in his 3 years” :rolleyes:

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

You’re going to need a better argument than inflated scoring on a losing team in the 2020’s Adam Silver era.

daywalker02, B-Bob and matchesmalone like this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

They are not at a crossroads as they have him under deal for next season, and when Cam had his start(or real big role) he struggled in comparison to his Melo microwave current role

Cam is shooting the 3 better than all on the team, that is not threatening Green, that is threatening Tate and whoever else

That's why its a team game and you need a bench to be a very good team, so bringing a sniper off the bench is a major weapon to have and its what the Rockets were sorely missing outside of Big man

As long as Cam gets minutes I really don't see the need of knee jerk reactions when the head coach told everybody they are looking for Internal growth for biggest team success

They are not going to abandon that after 40 games into phase two

And Cam is more perfect right now for bench where he can get Carmelo conscious shots, Green works way better with starters and making extra pass

But whatever they do I Am good on it, not my assets/$$$ involved

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah I think that's enough argument to show promise of a freaking 19-21 year old. Inflated means era wise implies we should see a lot of guys spending Green. Where are tie Ivys, Cases, LaMelos of the world?

So many guys have same opportunities as Green.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah... just want to point out that choosing games with 70% TS is kinda weird. The other people on that list presumably didn't have an overall stinky TS% when, you know, considering all their games played.

30 point games are fine, though sporadic and in many many losing causes.

BamBam, sefril and Von Rafer like this.
  13. cml750

cml750 Member

Please go back and look at the Twitter thread I posted in this thread in post #157 (and a few post after that). Jalen is objectively the worst player on the team getting regular minutes. He makes every one of his teammates worse. There is a reason he is on the trading block. You can choose to ignore it if you like. I am done trying to convince you. You will see once he is traded or benched.

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Jalen Green has not set himself apart from LaMelo. I actually think LaMelo has more upside with his playmaking ability and superior length, but he is a knucklehead too.

Jalen Green is a scoring guard who is a bad shooter. He paints his fingernails and plays soft defense. BBQ chicken as Shaq would say. How can you keep feeding volume to a guy with low shooting percentages? You are biased for your mancrush.

15. fchowd0311

High efficiency games are weird now?

16. fchowd0311

Anyone noticing a trend that the most insecure men and religious zealots also like cml are the ones most vitriolic towards Green?

17. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

“Religious zealot”
    Jalen Green’s fans have pronouns in their bio.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No. For Christ's sakes. But they are pretty damn rare for Jalen Green. I've seen TS used a lot to validate / criticize players, but never seen it used for cherry picking like that. "Oh hey, he had a couple of games with TS 70%... and um.... many more games with it around 40% or less, um."

BamBam and Von Rafer like this.
  19. Ancient Moabite

If you think he will get traded is your opinion, I don't need a Twitter thread to vouch something for me

Who did you want with the second overall pick?

Just say that, it will make typing all that other jibberish....not necessary

Convince me on how good you were when you played ball, you play the game right?

20. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

@AroundTheWorld paid by the turkish government confirmed

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.